FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Merc GLA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merc GLA
    Posted: 08áAprá2015 at 5:34pm
My QQ is due to be changed in abouit a year & as the +2 is no longer an option (for boot space not seats) am considering alternatives. My 1st thought was the X Trail but currently the lack of engine choice puts me off. I went back to cars I had considered last time such as the Ford C Max and the Merc B Class, still good alternatives for my needs but I have recently come across 2 others, the new Jeep Renegade but I think the boot will be titchy< & the Merc GLA. I think both these are meant as Juke competitors although the GLA does cross into QQ territory has a boot 51 litres bigger than the current QQ. 2 specs, Sport & AMG line & the only two thing I wouldnt have compared to the current QQ are glass roof (no biggy as I've rarely used it on the QQs I've had & wouldnt order it if a went QQ again) and sat nav, again no biggy but the the car is wired up for an optional plug in module should I want it but I have a Tom tom & also offline nav on my phone which works as well as my current connect does.
Still a year  to go as I say & Nissan may pull their finger out with the choice of X Trail engines which would put that top of my list again, we will wait & see.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/gla-class/x156.flash.html#_int_passengercars:home:model-navi:x156

Edited by ericos - 08áAprá2015 at 5:39pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAprá2015 at 7:19pm
Ooooh thats nice
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAprá2015 at 10:56pm
Yeah I think so, its based on the Merc A class so I thought it would be small but compared to the QQ but comparing dimensions its more or less the same, in fact slightly longer than the QQ.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
mini_mad_paul View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini_mad_paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áAprá2015 at 12:57am
That's just appeared on the Motability list along with the Renegade - I agree that the Jeep is too small but looking at the GLA it might be a goer - and the prices don't seem too bad for a Merc.

I'll take a look on my way home from work tomorrow.
2009 Cayman Blue Qashqai 1.5 Tekna Avg 41.1mpg - Born: 15/05/2009 - Died: 31/05/2012
2012 Ford CMax 2.0D Titanium Powershift Avg 37.7mpg - Born: 01/06/2012 - Died: 31/05/2015
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áAprá2015 at 2:12am
My thoughts entirelyThumbs Up. Didnt have time to actually go into dealer the other day but had a quick look round the outside of one in the compound, very impressed so far. Be intresting to see how realistic the quoted mpg (63mpg for a 2.1L deisel) are.

Edited by ericos - 09áAprá2015 at 2:14am
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áAprá2015 at 8:30am
The original A class was a joke.  Looked rubbish and was too narrow/high, so much so that some testers flipped it at corners.

The second generation one is Cool.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic