Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miles range for current fuel level- odd issue!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miles range for current fuel level- odd issue!
    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 6:36pm
Hi all
First time poster. I have an 11 plate 1.6 diesel acenta.

I tend to fill the tank up and donít let it get below around 50 miles. Over recent times Iíve noticed that the range that says how many Jules left on current fuel level isnít accurate. For example, a full tank used to say 499 miles. I filled up this week and it says 460. Iíve done about 40 miles since I filled up the tank but range is saying 411 left. Iíve checked I donít have a fuel leak and the diesel gauge seems to be working ok, and the mileometer also working fine.

It didnít do this before!

Has anyone come across this problem and f so how did you get it fixed? Iím not overly impressed with the local Nissan garage so donít want to take it there in the first instance.

Thank you!
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 10:42am
It's calculated based on your current mpg, if you've been sat in traffic or something else which has given you a bit of a low mpg recently it will be using that.

I've had the miles left to empty say something like 200, then go on a 30 mile high mpg motorway drive and it then say 210 to empty.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
CharlieV View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlieV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:47am
Thank you- yes I was aware of that but am doing the you same regular journeys but with a drastic change. Sometimes these in car computers are a total pain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic