Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

More loke a Tonka Car than a 25k

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More loke a Tonka Car than a 25k
    Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:31am
luxury motor vehicle! After obtaining help, as usual, on here yesterday regarding the placement of the oil dipstick so that I can follow the suggestions here about maintenance of our new cars.
So I find the dipstick under a plastic cap wore suited to a Tonka. How on earth you can check the oil level with this thin piece of plastic is beyond me. I don,t think I,ve ever had a car with such a cheap but important part!Embarrassed Then, this afternoon, after having parked and used the electric wing mirrors, when driving away I must have touched/switched the button which controls the "slippy car" function, anti-skid I presume (I don,t have the manual to hand). Surely this button, on something so important, shoul;d be positioned, say on the dash or at least somewhere obvious!Confused OK the warning light shows but I can assure everyone had it been the missus she would never, ever notice it switched off!
Tonka rant concluded from a windy Tenerife (weather)!
OH! Its a month old and nearly 1k kilometers done. Very happy overall but some of the parts used in such an expensive car is beyond me.
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
samnickgodber View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:40am
I find a few things that look abit cheap and nasty too,,, my main gripe is the key, On my model over here (Tekna Sport in Auto) its just a normal key, no Ikey and not even a flip key, come on seriously for €25k  i expected at least a flip key, i have spoken to Nissan about it and all i got told was,,,, its a different spec for different countries, my answer was¨it should be a different price then¨ gggrrrrr
We also don´t get heated seats (don´t need them anyway) but its besides the point,,,,,

Less things but around the same price as in the UK
soon to be the new owner of a 2011 Ntec in artic white
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:31pm
I have owned a Vauxhall Astra and then a Zafira before switching to the Qashqai.  Both previous cars had the flip key which was great.  I am now lugging around a large key, everyone knows you have a Qashqai because of the large bulge in your pocket Wink.

I was looking through the site to see if there was a flip key available but alas no luck - somewhere in the distant past there seemed to be a shell which you could fit all the electronics from current key - you then got the blank (flip key) cut and you ended up with a Qashqai flip key but can't find these on flea-bay any more.  Anyone have one of these????

Edited by ..QQ.. - 17 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:35pm
The key is a real let down,
I really expected at least a flip key ggggrrrr
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:51pm
Flip key?? I could hardly tell you what my key looks like it never comes out of my coat/jacket pocket.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Cowpers Cowpers wrote:

Flip key?? I could hardly tell you what my key looks like it never comes out of my coat/jacket pocket.

+1
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by andspenka andspenka wrote:

+1

So how do you lock the car?
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:13pm
With the little button on the door handle.  Driver's, front passenger and tailgate.  The key only needs to be within 1m to work this way.  Very handy when you hands/arms re full of shopping/children.
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:20pm
Alas us poor soles without a Tekna have to go through the ritual of using the key to start the car!
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:22pm
OK..I've got a bit a grin developing here..Doug..don't tell me you have a Tekna but are not using your i-Key???
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 7:41pm
SmileSmileSmile
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:07pm

OK..I've got a bit a grin developing here..Doug..don't tell me you have a Tekna but are not using your i-Key???

I'm pressing the button to unlock the door...............you suggesting I can do the same to lock it? Embarrassed  Now where's that bl**dy manual?
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

I'm pressing the button to unlock the door...............you suggesting I can do the same to lock it? Embarrassed  Now where's that bl**dy manual?

Yes same button to lock and unlock, so are you pressing the button to unlock but using the fob to lock it?

I can't believe the salesman never showed you properly Confused

Edited by andspenka - 17 Apr 2012 at 8:17pm
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:20pm
Another new thing for you to play with is the way to look at it Doug
Section 3-7 about page 85.

Edited by Cowpers - 17 Apr 2012 at 8:29pm
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:21pm
That's why everyone loves this site - better than reading the manual Beer
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ..QQ.. ..QQ.. wrote:

That's why everyone loves this site - better than reading the manual Beer

I blame the forum!  Having spent the best part of 6 months on here before ordering my QQ, come the day of collecting it I was playing the 'Mr know it all'......."yeh yeh yeh I know all about this and that.....can I just sign the dotted line please?!!!!" 

Now then, about those wing mirrors that don't auto fold............Wink
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:55pm
Oh! What,s happening to me here. I,ve got a Tekna but nothing about i-Key thingy?????????????
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:01pm
Clearly our specifications are different, perhaps there is no i-key for you?  Actually, have you got any photos of your car, it would be nice to see who different they are.

Edited by Cowpers - 17 Apr 2012 at 10:01pm
lucari View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:30pm
My problem with the i-key, is where do you put it when you are driving? In my last car there was a handy place near the steering wheel that you plugged it in (the key slot). I don't want to put it in my pocket as it would not be comfortable with the rest of my house keys. One idea is to put a stick-on hook low down on the dash board near the steering wheel. Then you can get the familiar feel of the keys banging on your knee as you drive.

Maybe I should get a man-bag.

It does seem odd that the spec for the Tekna is different. You would have thought it was easier to build them all the same.

Richard
It's here!!! 1.6dCi Tekna in Gun Metallic and Graphite Leather.
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 10:36pm
Personally, I don't have the i-key on my keyring.

I put it in an inside pocket or something in my coat, not in my trousers/jeans pocket. Then I'm already wearing all I need to open or drive the car.

To me that's the whole benefit of the i-key, why would you want to carry it about then start hanging it places in the car?

I just walk up to the car, press the button virtually as you're pulling the handle it works that quick, get in foot on clutch and turn the pretendy key, job done!

Edited by andspenka - 17 Apr 2012 at 10:39pm
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 11:25pm
LOL you make make me laugh with comments like "lugging around", I dont have a problem with the key, I dont have the ikey but I must have a different type to the rest of you, is this one below like all yours? WinkLOL

2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 12:21am
In answer to placing a photo of the car on here I,ll get round to that sooner or later. However I can confirm that there are absolutely no visual differences to the UK model.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:27am
Lucari, put the housekeys under the centre armresy and keep the i-key in pocket.  Have you got a specs sheet for yours Timmy? maybe that will tell us more than photos.  For the photos it more a case of what type of wheels have you got.  In Sunderland there seemed to be an infinite array of wheel/spec combinations.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:29am
tekna owners should ensure they don't keep there I-Key in the same pocket as a smart phone...

It seems to cut the signal from the key and takes a couple presses on the door handle to open it, a mistake I made early into ownership of the I-key.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 2:38pm
Sorry Timmy the specs over here are different from the UK, I have a Tekna and no flip key let alone ikey, we also have the same seats as the UK N-tec gggrrrr,,,,

I WANT A FLIP KEY Unhappy
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Timmylish Timmylish wrote:

Oh! What,s happening to me here. I,ve got a Tekna but nothing about i-Key thingy?????????????

Do you just have a normal car key Timmy?
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 3:20pm
Aye, just the lump of metal and plastic that sticks into all the wrong places on my body! A 13K Fiesta even has the folding key!
The Wheels on mine are 18" with the black inserts. Rear camera, sunroof, privacy glass in rear, Connect system and bits and pieces too minor to mention.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 3:52pm
I have the same car as you but i have the 360 degree all around cameras, do you have the same seats too, Black material?
Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:32pm
Do your Tekna Sports have Material seats (instead of Leather), normal headlamps (not Xenon) and the Connect but no Bose system?

They do sound like they're the same as our N-tec model here in the uk? That or Nissan saw sense and put the N-tec wheels (the nice ones with the Black inserts) on the Tekna...........

(Crawls away giggling)

Edited by Craigy - 18 Apr 2012 at 6:33pm
N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Craigy Craigy wrote:

Do your Tekna Sports have Material seats (instead of Leather), normal headlamps (not Xenon) and the Connect but no Bose system?

They do sound like they're the same as our N-tec model here in the uk? That or Nissan saw sense and put the N-tec wheels (the nice ones with the Black inserts) on the Tekna...........

(Crawls away giggling)

Yep we have material seats there was no choice in that unless i wanted to pay another 3 grand then i could have had the leather seats and xenon lights, i have the connect system but i´m not sure about the bose system? (how do i check) also we have the black wheel inserts,

So i was right really we have the n-tec version from the UK but they have gave it the Tekna name and still charged us as a Tekna price,  gggrrrr
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:12pm
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/457793853/Nissan_modified_flip_key_shell_remote.html
What do you think about this?

Hope the link works

Has anyone tried converting key to a flip.

ericos yes that's my key I do a lot of lugging Big smile
To Lug > 
to pull or carry with force or effort: to lug a suitcase upstairs.

Edited by ..QQ.. - 18 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:16pm
Yeah sound to me like they massively overproduced the cheap onyx wheels then stuck them on anything just to shift them.  Noticabely islands.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by ..QQ.. ..QQ.. wrote:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/457793853/Nissan_modified_flip_key_shell_remote.html
What do you think about this?

Hope the link works

The link works lol,
How would you go about the key part you know the bit that goes into the ignition being the same as mine?
Plus i wouldn´t need the four holes only the unlock and lock button, but that is what i want, not the crappy cheap looking think i have now,

I really can´t understand how they can give us the n-tec version yet name it as a Tekna nad charge you for a Tekna too gggrrr
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:19pm
Sams. Yes, although I didn,t tell the missus, I quickly realised that we are paying Tekna prices for N-Tec spec, except the wheels! I don,t have 360o only rear camera!

QQ Link worked but if we were interested how do you get the key cut?
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:21pm
Sam..if you send me your E-mail address I can send you a copy of he QQ brochure for the UK.  This has specifications and prices so you can maybe do a comparison for us?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic