UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

MPG again...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gos2488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MPG again...
    Posted: 29áNová2011 at 8:06pm
Hi everyone,

I know it's all been discussed to bits..but
I'm seeing about 35mpg on a 65-70mph run.

Quite disappointed as told I'd get and read that it would be closer to
40-42!!

Is the 1.6 a bit of a dog in reality? The 1.5dci seems to be coming down in price
now...

😏
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2011 at 8:46pm
is this what is indicated on the dash display ? , the only way to get a true mpg reading is to fill the tank run it to empty then refill it , do the maths and there you go Wink
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áNová2011 at 9:06pm
And presuming you deffo reset it back to 0 or as appears on the screen -- -- , before you did the Run.... ....I can tell you in my 2L petrol after reset on a 60-70mph run up the dual carriageway it would be showing at least 38mpg!!and mines a heavier +2..!!

Edited by Affman - 29áNová2011 at 9:09pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Hodge View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 8:42am
Our 2.0 litre diesel +2 is averaging 35.5mpg on the dash!

Not great really, but mainly doing short runs.

Hodge
1982 Cherry Coupe, 1983 Sunny Coupe, 1992 Sunny SR, 1998 Almera SRi, 2000 Almera GTi, 2000 Primera Sport+, 2011 Tekna+2 & a crap 2006 Mondeo, in between!
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 9:01am
in my 1.5 dci 2011, mostly short journeys average 42... with winter tyres.. thats a 2mpg drop since having my standard contintentals removed

fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
VanDiesil View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanDiesil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 10:24am
Are you running with roof bars on by any chance? I had similar problems for a couple of weeks then removed the roof bars and back to normal service again (as well as making sure tyre pressures were correct)
Ooooooosssshhhhhh!!!!!!!

11 plate n-Tec 1.5dCi in speckley metallic purpley brown
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 10:44am
gos2488

You're never going to get the manufacturer's mpg as that is under ideal laboratory conditions, probably using an old lady driving on a rolling road with a wind machine behind her LOL.

You get what you get and those here with the same spec get different mpg for various reasons.

My spec is the heaviest, juiciest QQ you can buy and I have aircon on constantly, so it's never going to get worse than that.

I only look at overall average as that is the most relevant IMO and with mostly short trips it shows 31ish going up to 33ish with a few long trips.  I once reset by mistake at a motorway services so used that opportunity to do an eco run on the M3 being light on the gas and sticking to under 60.  I got 40mpg and annoyed a lot of other drivers LOL.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 11:33am
I get the same MPG as you GrahamThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by VanDiesil VanDiesil wrote:

Are you running with roof bars on by any chance? I had similar problems for a couple of weeks then removed the roof bars and back to normal service again (as well as making sure tyre pressures were correct)

I've left mine on since we went away in August.... still getting 42 out of it....
Might take them off and see what difference it makes....
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by VanDiesil VanDiesil wrote:

who me?? ... No , just standard roof rails..

fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2011 at 1:47pm
Oh - and I have done a manual check against the reading - it was spot on.

If you want to know what bad mpg is take a look at wifey's 1.4SE Corsa auto.................same mpg as my QQ Shocked and she doesn't run her aircon all the time..................WTF is that all about?

Mind you she is a bit of a girl racer.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic