UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.5 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

mpg query

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamjnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mpg query
    Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 6:07pm
n-tec 1.5 dci pure drive 60 plate
only seem to be achieving around 33/34 mpg,this seems a little low to me?
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 6:33pm
Hi & Welcome tamjnr  Smile
I have the same QQ as you...have done 9,330 miles since last Sept and am getting around 42mpg just running around locally. Done a 600 mile trip last week and got 49mph for the whole trip...was mostly on B roads...expect to get more on the m-way.  What sort of driving are you doing?
tamjnr View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamjnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 7:01pm
hi there,had mine since December done around 9k also, mostly local driving although just back from Blackpool (roughly 450 mile round trip)where it only used 1/4 tank each way, but still only showing 33.8 mpg.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 7:08pm
Sounds rather low to me too tamjnrErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 7:58pm
450 mile round trip with 1/2 tank...considering 650 miles for a full tank is near the best reported...so it is pretty good milage...maybe something wrong with your trip computor to be showing so low....
Breenger View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 8:37pm
DO NOT EVER RELY ON THE ON-BOARD COMPUTER !!!   It is the one thing about our QashQai that I firmly believe to be pure crap!!
As I have stated on another thread, when we went to Scotland,  (1761 miles round trip,) the onboard "computer" showed that I was getting just over 52 mpg, but, when I calculated miles covered to litres used, I was getting just over 61 mpg!!
2017 Tekna 1.5 Diesel

Worlds biggest Eagles fan.
<b
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 8:57pm
Maybe you should see what you get from a full tank i think Ermm. Then you will have a much better ideaThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 5:51am
I am assuming that you have reset the MPG Calculater or will still be giving your average since you bought it...... .....has been said on here that MPG will improve after a long run in period for the DCIs....

Edited by Affman - 16áJulá2011 at 5:53am
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Buggs2 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buggs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 7:13am
Having had these things in a few cars now , it seems to take em a while to start reading accurately . The one I have in my GP is fairly good , showing an average of 51mpg , times when it's been reset it's all over the place for a week or so
61 Plate N-Tec +2 1.5 dci in magnetic red with chrome pack , called Red Max Seven 
tamjnr View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamjnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 7:15am
i didn't know you could reset mpg calculator,just thought it was an auto computer thing.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 7:30am
Yes, with the button on the right - next to the speedo, press this in for a few seconds and it will reset. Flick through all teh other readings - av mph, time driven etc and hold button in for a few seconds until display reads 0.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 8:37am
Would be best to reset it and see what you are getting with the mpg before you take it to the dealer...if its still low then go to the dealer.
tamjnr View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamjnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 1:02pm
Thanks guys,the reset seem to do the trick.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 1:09pm
Here to Help.....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 1:09pm
Glad to hear it...it will go up and down then it will settle at its peak. I only reset mine when I go on a longest trip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic