UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 2.0 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

MPG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 6:31pm

Hi Captain Bagpipe.

Have you read the Thread on DPF problems?

Fee
py07qas View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote py07qas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 11:04pm
hello bagpipe, i agree with you on the test drive opinion front.i have a 2.0dci and it has averaged 47.4mpg over the last 2300 miles until today when i drove 120 miles up to Fife and back on the M74 etc i expected it to drop but it is still the same tonight although at one point it went up to 47.8 so overall i am well impressed by its fuel consumption.i have an uncle with a golf and he gets similar results to you but there is quite a difference in the size and shape of the two cars.
2.0dci visiagate
FiredIronQash View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiredIronQash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 8:22pm
Well........

2.0 dCi 4wd QQ Visia with auto box. I average 36mpg, yes 36, say 75% town work. Also have a 'like slipping clutch feature' that causes revs to reach 4000-4500 before transmission fully engages - oil  level apparently checked and ok say local Nissan dealership!

On one 130 mile round trip on A roads 80 miles dual carriageway achieved 40mpg but this is a rarity.

Having owned a SEAT 1.9tdi and achieved avg 52mpg I notice the difference in mileage - so does my wallet!

QQ more comfortable than SEAT - better vision frm higher seating position - easier to reverse - great on duals and motorways.
Captain Bagpipe View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Bagpipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 3:39pm
Thanks for the replies all.

Fee - yes, I've read through the DPF issue thread. To be honest this isn't something that worries me too much as most of my driving is going to be on dual carriageway/motorway - the run to and from work is around 15 miles of solid dual carriageway, so I've got plenty of opportunity to burn off any soot that builds up. I also tend to travel further afield at least once a fortnight - and we're talking 200+ mile round trips here, so again I'd hope to be okay (providing I follow what it says in the manual).  I'm surprised that people are buying 2 litre vehicles for mostly urban/town driving anyway but each to their own...

As for economy, I've had info from a couple of people who are averaging between 45 and 49 MPG. I was very relieved to see PY07qas's response above saying that he (or she) gets 47.4MPG and I think this is more than acceptable for a vehicle of the size and build of the QQ.

So I've been to the dealer today to sign the paperwork and will collect on 30th September. Can't wait!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 3:49pm

Hiya

No bother - didn't want to be the kiss of death but you would be gutted if your particular driving style was going to cause you EXPENSIVE problems.

Happy Motoring!!! and welcome to the forum........ Not many more sleeps now, post pics if you can when your new arrival is home

Fee x
albatros View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Captain Bagpipe Captain Bagpipe wrote:

To be honest this isn't something that worries me too much as most of my driving is going to be on dual carriageway/motorway - the run to and from work is around 15 miles of solid dual carriageway, so I've got plenty of opportunity to burn off any soot that builds up. I also tend to travel further afield at least once a fortnight - and we're talking 200+ mile round trips here, so again I'd hope to be okay (providing I follow what it says in the manual). .....
As for economy, I've had info from a couple of people who are averaging between 45 and 49 MPG. I was very relieved to see PY07qas's response above saying that he (or she) gets 47.4MPG and I think this is more than acceptable for a vehicle of the size and build of the QQ.

We have a similar use pattern to yours and (so far - 12kWink) the DPF light has never come on, so you certainly should be OK.

Presumably these MPG figures are for a manual 2wd? You will do well to get better than 40 mpg out of an auto 4wd!Cry

Anyway good luck with the new motorSmile

57, 2.0dCi [J10] Acenta, auto, pearl black/graphite, chrome side bars & tailgate strip (hers!) 07 Pathfinder Aventura, auto (mine!)
horia View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 12:07pm
First 300 km (in town only) for my new Qashqai 2.0 dci 2wd: 13,3 liters/100 km, or 21 mpg. Conditions: 1 hour driving/20 km (8 miles)/bar to bar driving/led sport/average temperature 10 degrees/100% of time air conditioning. I hope to drop after 1000 km.

Edited by horia - 31 Mar 2009 at 12:13pm
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 12:40pm
Hi horia and welcome to the forum Big%20smile.

21mpg sounds very wrong for the diesel - hope it improves as your QQ settles in - let us know.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
horia View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 2:21pm

With my ex car Renault Clio Symbol 1.4 - 75 HP petrol i had 17-19 mpg in the same condition. Cry But, trust me, the traffic in Bucharest is worse than in London! Confused  I wait to make the first escape out of town to see an improvement...

MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 9:35pm
i drove down to the south of france in my 2.0 dci for my hols, with me, mrs, 3 kids in the back, buggy, suitcase and lots of other bits.... a/c on all the way, radio, dvd player and doing between 75 and 100mph and was getting on avg...38mpg....best i got was 47mpg...

i think it is bloody good considering the weight...
basically it took me about 2 full tanks to get there and it just under 700 miles door to door..
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
skycom View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skycom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 3:45pm
I'm getting about 42mpg out of my 1.5dci going backwards and forwards to work, so town motoring really. Hope to get more on a longer run.
I got 55mpg out of my Picasso 1.6hdi without trying!
francaffery View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francaffery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:44pm
well b4 i passed my test 2 months ago. i was payin nearly 500 a month in taxis. Shocked

i still do now cos my car aint ready till june but ill be saving alot when i do get it
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:46am
Originally posted by skycom skycom wrote:

...............I'm getting about 42mpg out of my 1.5dci going backwards and forwards to work.................

You should get more mpg if you just go forwards to work all the time, not backwards as well - reverse gear tends to be quite low LOL.................EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Edited by G5 BOY - 19 Mar 2010 at 11:47am
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 2:32pm
LOL
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
NorfolkCol View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorfolkCol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 8:37pm
I went for the 2.0 diesel and havent regretted it

Had an Mondeo ST Tdci till a week ago, but havent looked back.

Mainly city driving this week bar one trip, and averaging around 48mpg (nearer 57mpg on the A road long trip though)

Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by NorfolkCol NorfolkCol wrote:

I went for the 2.0 diesel and havent regretted it

Had an Mondeo ST Tdci till a week ago, but havent looked back.

Mainly city driving this week bar one trip, and averaging around 48mpg (nearer 57mpg on the A road long trip though)

Did you find the mondeo more punchier?
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
putoguiri View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote putoguiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 4:02pm
hey
1st time on.
Just going to order 4wd ntec, but not sure of manual or auto. have test driven manual, great, but would love an auto. I've yet to try the auto. Prepared to sacrifice some MPG.
Question is anyone recommend or discourage!
any commets please
thanks
SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 4:15pm

Hi There,. Welcome on board Big smile

Maybe worth while giving a bit of info on where you drive around most (town, motorways, etc).

Not driven the QQ CVT but I have enjoyed driving Automatics as it is very relaxing.

putoguiri View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote putoguiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 4:37pm
hi
most miles are NOT on the motorway, mostly town and A roads.
it's the performance and mpg im questioning, is it sluggish, also i know the figures given in the tech data ref mpg average etc. but wanted real life experiences.
thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 5:01pm

welcome putoguiri

i like the driving ease of an auto but my advice would be manual for around town driving but thats just me
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
techie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 6:20pm
I have a 2ltr petrol tekna CVT. Love it.
You have the option of going into manual mode to aid acceleration and then simply knock back into fully auto. Very smooth. No difference in performance between manual box or CVT. economy, well that depends on how you drive it. I tend to have a heavy right foot and get 28 in town, which is most of my driving, and 35 on a run
It's not the quickest or most econamical car on the road, but I didn' but it for those reasons.
I deliver cars all over the country for a living. Believe me, I have driven some cracking cars, and every time I get back into my QQ, I know I made the right decision
2.0 Tekna SatNav CVT 2wd in Cafe Latte
Even my wife says it's a lovely car
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by putoguiri putoguiri wrote:

hey
1st time on.
Just going to order 4wd ntec, but not sure of manual or auto. have test driven manual, great, but would love an auto. I've yet to try the auto. Prepared to sacrifice some MPG.
Question is anyone recommend or discourage!
any commets please
thanks

Welcome putoguiri Big smile

I love automatic boxes but I really love the CVT Tongue.

You don't say whether you want petrol or diesel Confused.

According to the figures I saw way back, the 2.0 diesel auto and the 2.0 petrol manual are both less economical and less clean than the 2.0 petrol CVT - that's the one you want Tongue - but then I'm biased.

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 2:57pm
The diesel version has a conventional auto box. So you get a feeling of the gears changing.
The CVT on the petrol version is great like G5 says.Thumbs Up
I would never go back to a manual box.Big smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Chainsaw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 9:29pm
Hi,

I wouldn't take the trip computer readouts as being accurate.
The only surefire way of getting accurate "realtime" MPG is the brim to brim test.

My readout says 37.5, my brim/brim test says 39.7
2.0 dci
That was from the 'low fuel' warning to a full tank both times.

I think the trip readouts that are saying high 40's and even 50's for a 2.0 dci are 'slightly' biased to make the Qashqai look good.
Do a brim/brim test and you will see for sure.

My driving consists of long and short motorway and town driving.

Chainsaw
SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Chainsaw Chainsaw wrote:

Hi,

I wouldn't take the trip computer readouts as being accurate.
The only surefire way of getting accurate "realtime" MPG is the brim to brim test.

My readout says 37.5, my brim/brim test says 39.7
2.0 dci
That was from the 'low fuel' warning to a full tank both times.

I think the trip readouts that are saying high 40's and even 50's for a 2.0 dci are 'slightly' biased to make the Qashqai look good.
Do a brim/brim test and you will see for sure.

My driving consists of long and short motorway and town driving.

Chainsaw

I would say that the only way to get accurate real time figures is by REPEATED brim to brim tests and recording overall average. A single brim to brim can skew the figures and but doing a number of them, then the effect of not filling up to the EXACT same level gets less and less relevant. 

e.g. I do brim to brim checks and compare to Trip computer (which I reset on fillup)- one fill up, the Computer said 42.0 MPG and the Brim to Brim worked out as 47.4MPG.  Next fill, the Computer said 47.4MPG and the brim to brim worked out as 42.1MPG - so on the first fill up, the pump must have cut out earlier then the second.

I find the OBC very accurate in my QQ - which I am quite surprised at TBH!

Back to MPGs, finding my QQ is getting more economical from when I first bought it.  Have driven 456 miles after last fillup (of which 420 miles was yesterday), and the economy is showing as being 53.9MPG, with an average speed of 58MPH, so a decent amount of speed, and maintaining an indicated 75-80MPH (I know exactly how far out the speedo is Wink ) on the Motorway

Will find out what the calculated figures are soon as got another 1,000 miles to do in the next 7-10 days Confused

putoguiri View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote putoguiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 8:50pm
hi
first thanks to all, really informative. Im looking for a diesle auto 2lts 4x4
still trying to get a test drive.
when you all comment on the b
mpg and brim to brim, are you refering to an autoor manual?
thanks again
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 8:57pm
will work with both Thumbs Up
Chainsaw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 9:27pm
When I do the brim to brim tests on mine, I fill her up till I can't pull the trigger anymore !
You do have to be careful when its that high but the MPG readings I obtain from the miles covered and fuel used to fill up will br pretty accurate.

I have only managed to do 2 fill ups so far (gets a bit expensive at £63 a go!) and thats at a garage local to me that does it for £1:18.9p  :)
Being that cheap it's probably blended with Aldi's vegetable oil! hehe

Chainsaw
drbvnprasad View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drbvnprasad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 1:16pm
Hi all
Can any one who has 2.0dci 4wd auto diesel ..can tell me the MPG they are getting in urban and combined cycle?

thanksSmile
Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:01pm
Hi All,

I'm ordering a 2.0dCi 4x4 N-Tech with a manual box (and yes I have some reasons to have 4 wheel drive, though I can live without it) and was wondering if anyone had some figures for MPG with one?

I noticed much earlier in the thread that techie was talking about Cruise Control being good for fuel economy? This is certainly not true and I've owned a few cars with cruise control over the past decade. The example given was using CC on a flat road, this is the only situation that CC will improve the fuel economy of a vehicle. When you reach a hill with CC on the car throttles up as much as is necessary to keep the cars speed burning way more fuel than most people would if driving normally.
This is plain to see when your using CC, as when you get to a hill most people slow down without noticing or caring, while your car keeps the speed but in doing so burns lots of fuel.

I still love CC and wouldn't buy a car without it, but I wouldn't suggest using it to save fuel unless you live in Norfolk.

I just can't bring myself to get a car with a 1.5 diesel, I had a Scenic with the same engine and it was a nightmare. I'm pretty sure I was unlucky, but in 130,000 miles I had two engines and a stack of other problems which I think were related to having to drive with a heavy foot.

It was a renault mind......

Craigy
N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 5:16pm
Iv been told cc saves on mpg no matter what, but what you say about going uphill makes sense as I noticed the white bar rapidly receeds when going uphill and the engine races trying to maintain speed so must use more fuel, best to switch it off at that point, drive manually is the proper gear.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:07am
LOL Have you got this post copied into your clipboard ready to post???LOL
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 12:02pm
use cc a lot but forget how to slow down when approaching traffic ,i know its obvious but i get a mental block about this completly brain dead .shurrup cowpie .Ouch
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 2:59pm
Sure it wasn't your head they used for football Patch.....instead of the goats.....LOL
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 5:21pm
as long as liverpool use it as a footie cos they would miss so no harm done .Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic