UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

MPG?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 3:42am
i think im being rather heavy footed... i filled the tank range computer said 340 miles or there abouts....
said 24 mpg on the trip computer. only short journeys so far and only done 70 miles...
hope it goes up. zero'd the computer today and will try and be a bit light footed the next few days,
off to manchester on sunday so hope i will get great mpg on a nice long journey...
will zero it before i leave for manchester.
J.C View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 8:58am
Hi Craig
          Have done 307 miles in mine.Average speed saying 23mph and fuel economy saying 37,mind you havent been over 60mph only done one longish trip rest have been local trips. 
                                                     J.C  
Pearl black 16 N-Tec Delivered 23/12/10 Great Christmas Present.Busbi mini member
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:08am

ive came straight from a 1.8 petrol think im being a bit heavy footed expecting the same lol.

well ive taken the car to work 5 times which is a 60 mph road there and back

will see how it works out. think it must be me lol
warrenb View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:10am
I have had mine for 4 months now. Only done 1250 miles and am averaging 37.2mpg, mostly round town driving.
MattysQQ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattysQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:19am
We've now had our 1.6 n-tec for a year and love everything about the car, and feel its better than alot of cars out there and doesnt give Nissan enough credit for the build quality and specification, but, we are also only getting 35.2mpg, admittedly its around town, stop start journeys, but i think its because of the gearing and the lack of 6th speed, it does seem to race alot.
I've only got the top speed once and the poor thing was screaming its head off !!
But it is a great car
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:28am
the top speed is 115 is it not
you been a naughty boy matty??
MattysQQ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattysQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:41am
Oh god you're not the fuzz are you ???
Bowler View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:43am
Getting 37 round town out of mine, car now done 17k effected by cold weather more on short journeys not getting warm. Was getting 46 on a long run not been far since the weather turned nasty but all in all very happy, for a petrol engine in what is not a small car returning the figures it is doing highly satisfied
Ex owner of Acenta 1.6 Flame red, with Panoramic roof.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:44am
yeah could be the cold weather affecting mine aswell as only got it on thursday....

matty i wish i was the fuzz then i couldnt get in trouble for speeding
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:47am
I have just done 1000 miles round trip in France on the Auto Highway Motorway what ever they call them, most of the time at more than the uk Motorway speed and the whole journey average speed was 62mph the fuel was 30.02mpg.

I'm almost glad to be back on the slow way of UK roads, it saves fuel!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:49am
nice one frankie. i'd be happy with 30mpg really my vectra averaged 27mpg. i know i shouldnt compare it to a totally different style of car and a 1.8 petrol engine lol but i am anyway
should get a good run to manchester to test out the long journey mpg..
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by PR07HET PR07HET wrote:

I have just done 1000 miles round trip in France on the Auto Highway Motorway what ever they call them, most of the time at more than the uk Motorway speed and the whole journey average speed was 62mph the fuel was 30.02mpg.

I'm almost glad to be back on the slow way of UK roads, it saves fuel!

hope you enjoyed your trip franke , great scenery i bet
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Qashin View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 7:48am
I have covered just over 3000 miles in my 2.0 CVT and averaging around the 30mph. Most of the miles have been urban driving with occasional motorway.

2010 Qashqai Tekna 2.0 CVT Cafe Latte.

HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:03am
Done over 3500 miles going nowhere in particular, no long runs apart from after picking up the QQ a 100 round trip back to the dealers, been on 3 other 100 miles rounds trips, 1st one ave 42mpg, 2nd ave 44mpg and the 3rd was done once I was over 3000 miles the ave was 50 mpg this was all to the same destination. During the bad weather was down to 34 mpg but now back up to 39/40 mpg. This is with my 1.5dci N-Tec which I collected on 14th Sept 2010. 

Edited by HarryN-TEC - 06 Jan 2011 at 10:04am
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:09am
im begining to think i should have got a 1.5 now lol. the economy sounds great... would be terrified of a dpf bill though lol. think i talked myself out of it because of this and reviews saying it was noisy (ordered my car before joining here and finding out it isnt any louder than a normal diesel! lol
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:04am
Best I got with 1.6 Acenta was 38mpg on a long run but everyday it was 31/32mpg sometimes lower under 30mpg so 1.5 dci for me, no dpf.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:08am
ohwell. will see if it goes up a bit after a run in, 450 miles on sunday should tell me what ill get on a long run... i do about 8,000 a year averaging my last car so will see what happens... thinking of a 2.0 next QQ for that little extra get up and go lol maybe a 2.0 dci...
malice8585 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malice8585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:03am
Im getting around 32mpg from 1.6+2 which has been from a mixture of motorway and around town.
After speaking with my brother in law apparently i should notice a 2-3 mpg increase once i have done 2000 miles.

Oh well better get out drivingBig smile
QQ+2 white visia (ordered start of sept expected end of nov) Order Canceled
QQ+2 white acenta Ordered 17th November expected 25th Jan
Collected 2PM on 29/01/11
omalanrf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omalanrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 9:26am
ok Ive had my acenta 1.6 petrol now for about 2 weeks and had a 1.5dci acenta before that.
The funny thing is, when I put £10 of deisel into the 1.5dci , it read 145 miles left in tank.
When I put £20 in the 1.6 petrol acenta, it read 139 miles left in tank, which when I saw that was quite an eye opener, all be it I havent done a serious long jounrney in the 1.6 petrol yet, Im hoping it changes..

Buggs2 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buggs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 12:46pm
Had my 1.5 +2 for a few months now and I have to admit it's nowhere near as good on mpg as my old 1.6 grand Picasso . That returned a tad over 50 mpg on mixed driving , the QQ struggles to return 45 mpg , but I forgive it because it looks so good :))
61 Plate N-Tec +2 1.5 dci in magnetic red with chrome pack , called Red Max Seven 
biker View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:00pm
I am still waiting for my QQ+2 1.6 but I do a good mix of open country roads. I have a 1.6 Mercedes A class at the moment (09 plate) and that only does an average of 36.6 to the gallon. I would be happy to drop the MPG to have the QQ.

The other good thing is that I am going to move offices soon and it will take 10 miles off my present daily 42 mile commute so that should cover off any lower MPG.

This all assumes that I take the car instead of one of my bikes and the QQ does turn up eventually.  
QQ+2 1.6 petrol Acenta Magnetic red.
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:13pm
My 1.6 +2 seems to return 32.2mpg. This is mostly urban driving with a smattering of motorway driving.

I used to have a Vauxhall Vectra 1.8: Whilst I never had a trip computer, I did quite a few tank calculations brim to brim. The Vectra used to do 34mpg, bearing in mind our week to week driving is usually identical routes etc.
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:25pm
I wonder if all the tweaks done to EURO V standards have affected both petrol and diesel consumption....

What a bummer

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:39am
The 1.5 dci is hovering around 45mpg according to its wee computer brain, Went to Perth ,Dundee,Pitlochry and returned home yesterday ,screen now shows 46.4 mpg. Given my heavy right foot and attempting to ease off the gas pedal -i am quite pleased and the determination to not exceed 70 mph seemed to help and saved me from mobile speed camera on m9 today as well. happy day despite the rain.Thumbs Up
Ps the roadworks north side of Forth bridge (Fife)go on for miles with averaging cameras and 40mph max ,so did not return that way  it was a pain in the butt on monday going north.

Oh dear -just noticed this is a petrol forum page -sorry for the intrusion people!.

Edited by sadsod - 12 May 2012 at 1:22pm
Shonadoll View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:55am
Coming from a Citroen c1, which I filled up every three months, I have no idea what mine is doing. But I only do about 50 miles a week!
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 2:18pm
We're up to 44.5 with our round town now - combination of driving at no more than 2000 revs, and the warmer (really?) weather I'm sure. 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
QQdan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:05pm
Just been to south wales and back 300 mile round trip using motorways and twisty A roads average speed 44 mph mpg-39.8 . I had the climate control on the whole time and used overtaking acceleration ( foot to the floor ) a few times on each leg of the journey. Really chuffed. Such a comfortable drive too.
'57 Tekna 1.6
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

I wonder if all the tweaks done to EURO V standards have affected both petrol and diesel consumption....

What a bummer

Fee x

I think it's a factor, but hitting the manufacturers numbers is pretty nigh impossible in real world driving and always has been.

That said, you'd think that consumption would be getting better, wouldn't you?
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
Shonadoll View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 9:40am
How do you change the display to show mpg?x
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:52am
To be honest, my car manages 30-35 mpg (on diesel!). It's pretty poor, but not all that much worse than Nissan claimed, to be fair. I wouldn't say I'm particularly happy about it - but at the same time there seems little point in whinging to Nissan about it as they never claimed it was economical.

I have to say I generally drive it pretty steadily. Partly because it's not really the sort of car you can rag around (it really isn't a "driver's car"). If you start it just feels awful from the ungainly, vague handling to the terrible automatic gearbox to the direful brakes to the seats that you roll out of at virtually no effort at all.

Fair enough. Nissan never claimed it was a sports car. Or very economical. It's an exceedingly good crossover, though. But I'd be lying if I said there was any significant chance of my buying another unless Nissan can make the next Qashqai significantly more sporty and economical. Something closer to an BMW X1, Evoque or a CX5. Since that is the way the crossover market appears to be going right now this seems a distinct possibility. But - right now - the Qashqai is decidedly "previous generation", really.

Edited by 2Fat2Bald - 12 May 2012 at 11:56am
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 1:18pm
Shonadoll--- The wee button on left side of steering wheel marked changes the display on screen to show several different options , just pulse it round to find the one you want.Thumbs Up
Shonadoll View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by sadsod sadsod wrote:

Shonadoll--- The wee button on left side of steering wheel marked changes the display on screen to show several different options , just pulse it round to find the one you want.Thumbs Up

Brilliant! Thankyou!! I wondered what that button was for....xx
Border Reiver View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Border Reiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 8:49pm
Done about 3000 miles now and the mpg is very good,getting 56 on local trips
and 65 on longer journeys so not to bad....Gavin
1.5 dci in Artic White
skyline r33 gtr
skyline r33 gtst
mitsibushi gto tt
licensed radio ham
BtO View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BtO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 12:21pm
Done about 2000 miles the mpg is 36,7. Only short trips and driving to town about 4 miles.

May be in summer it will be better. Wink
I'm on the way with Qashqai I-Way 1.6 petrol (silver)
biker View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 8:43pm
QQ+2, about 10 months old, 8k miles average 38MPG.
QQ+2 1.6 petrol Acenta Magnetic red.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic