UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Mrs Connect fails me - again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJulá2011 at 11:46pm
used the sat nav to get to daves(chemical guys uk) unit again at cambuslang.. didn't take me the scenic root, but once again it said i was at my destination about half a mile before i was.. 
last time i was lost at that point and had to use google maps on my phone to find it.
this time i knew where i was going
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJulá2011 at 11:54pm
That usually happens when you just put in a postcode rather than a street/road with a No.  as it is the general locality.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJulá2011 at 12:09am
that explains it harry as its an industrial estate, so just a postcode. there is a street.. but the connect didn't ask for it lol
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJulá2011 at 12:29pm
Must be a new estate... 
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 10:34am
I think the 'eco' option is where she asks you to get out and push to save the planet LOL.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
LOADSAQASH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOADSAQASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 12:09pm
I am thinking of updating my Connect by purchasing a new SD card from e bay if I do is this is it a case of straight forward card swop or do I have to do anything else ie activation of card etc
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 12:16pm
You can buy mine LOADSAQASH.  I've put the 2008 back in (see earlier post).  It was easy to change - and change back - just follow the onscreen instructions.

The 2010 was just under ú100 from my Nissan dealer if I remember rightly.  Check out the Ebay prices and let me know if you want to make me an offer I can't refuse.

Edited by G5 BOY - 15áJulá2011 at 12:17pm
LOADSAQASH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOADSAQASH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 12:36pm
Cry I should have waited just sent off ú29 +p&p for a 2010 card hope it works and not a scam
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 1:13pm
Good price - fingers crossed.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

I think the 'eco' option is where she asks you to get out and push to save the planet LOL.

not sure i fancy pushing the car along the motorway though.....

Edited by CraigQQ - 15áJulá2011 at 5:13pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by CraigQQ CraigQQ wrote:

Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

not sure i fancy pushing the car along the motorway though.....

Better putting a couple of quid in a charity box rather than pushing....Wink
Lyric View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Loony Lyric

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Kitty Kitty wrote:

Originally posted by Soup Dragon Soup Dragon wrote:

i use google navigation on my htc desire, even shows me a picture of the end location when i get there!! FreeBig smile

I just noticed this.
Question: does your HTC  navigation connect to your car's bluetooth, so that the voice comes through the car rather than through the phone? I'm trying to get mine to do this but it doesn't seem to want to play ball Cry

Kitty,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 (same android operating system I believe as the HTC) and this connects via bluetooth and plays the voice guidence for the phones Satnav through the car speakers (according to my kids anyway, poor little souls were covering there ears!!!! lol) I have an N-TEC QQ + 2 on 11 plate with Connect
2011 Qashqai + 2 N-TEC 1.5 dci in Nightshade

Remember, you dont have to be able to run faster than the bear....Just faster than the slowest person the bear is chasing!!!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 6:35pm
All the packing finished Lyric....Big smile
Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Lyric Lyric wrote:

Kitty,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 2 (same android operating system I believe as the HTC) and this connects via bluetooth and plays the voice guidence for the phones Satnav through the car speakers (according to my kids anyway, poor little souls were covering there ears!!!! lol) I have an N-TEC QQ + 2 on 11 plate with Connect

Hi Lyric, thanks.
Ah, I will try again then. It would be a shame if it didn't come through the car speakers because I sometimes like to play my music quite loud which would obviously drown out the phone's navigation and kinda defeat the object...

But hey, if it doesn't work on my older QQ, then I'll just have to accept it Unhappy at least I tried.

LOL your poor children!

Grey (Faded Denim), 1.5dCi 57 Acenta - whose name is Jeeves because he is tall, strong and bally well informed, with a bit of a cheeky edge ;-)
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2011 at 11:41pm

Ah, I will try again then. It would be a shame if it didn't come through the car speakers because I sometimes like to play my music quite loud which would obviously drown out the phone's navigation and kinda defeat the object...

Oh, the answer could be simple. Rip your favourite CDs and copy them onto the Phone's memory to play them. Any phone capable of navigation is also going to be able to play MP3s, i'm sure. Many (if not all) Androids have an FM radio built in, too. This is what I do and it works well enough. It has an additional advantage, actually, of keeping the BlueTooth permanently connected. Without the music the bluetooth takes a second to "face in" the nav's announcements - leading to missing the first few words of some announcements.

Kitty View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Purrrrrs a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 12:02am
Ooh 2F2B - you know, that might just be worth a try...Ermm
Ermm
My phone does play MP3s (I put my own ringtone on it - Sweet Child O' Mine, oh yeah!) but I've never thought about playing it through the car's bluetooth... hmm, thanks for the suggestion.Thumbs Up

Grey (Faded Denim), 1.5dCi 57 Acenta - whose name is Jeeves because he is tall, strong and bally well informed, with a bit of a cheeky edge ;-)
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 3:31am

Ermm
My phone does play MP3s (I put my own ringtone on it - Sweet Child O' Mine, oh yeah!) but I've never thought about playing it through the car's bluetooth... hmm, thanks for the suggestion.Thumbs Up

An old Deep Purple favorite....Big smile

ross View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 8:01am

Ermm

Top tune! I have that as one of my ringtones too. In fact I'm off to see Slash in concert next Monday night in Leeds, no doubt he'll play it Big smile

Harry, Deep Purple ???
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 8:53am
Originally posted by ross ross wrote:

Ermm

Top tune! I have that as one of my ringtones too. In fact I'm off to see Slash in concert next Monday night in Leeds, no doubt he'll play it Big smile

Harry, Deep Purple ???

I was thinking of "Child in Time" from the Deep Purple in Rock album in 1970...seem to have lost a few grey cells since then....EmbarrassedLOL
ross View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 9:17am
LOL let you off then, thought you must have got your wires crossed.

DP were equally as good Thumbs Up...was fortunate enough to see them live in London the other year.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 9:35am
Never seen them live...always thought it was work that caused my deafness now could have been another reason.....Wink
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2011 at 11:42pm
Oddly enough the stupid cow got me thoroughly stranded on the M3 today. Apparently incapable of understanding that the Black roads are the ones you're NOT supposed to be driving on.

It's really not very good, as modern sat-navs go.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2011 at 9:35am
Originally posted by 2Fat2Bald 2Fat2Bald wrote:

Oddly enough the stupid cow got me thoroughly stranded on the M3 today. Apparently incapable of understanding that the Black roads are the ones you're NOT supposed to be driving on.

It's really not very good, as modern sat-navs go.

Ah - glad to hear its not just me and not just the M4 (see my original post).  Total opposite of what she should be doing Angry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic