UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Mud flaps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mud flaps
    Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:41am
Hi all - saw topic about taking off 18" wheels to fit mud flaps, and the trouble that caused.  My question is very loosely related:

Other than looking good/bad (depending on your view) doe the mud flaps actually help?  They always look rather small and I am not sure if they really help stop the mud splatter?

Any experience with it?  Before and after mud flaps?

Cheers

Dion
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:45am
I would say that the mud flaps do help. The back of the QQ does get mucky and the flaps keep the spray down. Nowadays the flaps are more contoured than they used to be. I have always had the flaps fitted before i picked the QQ's up so i can not comment on the before and afterErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 12:00pm
I added mine after 4months and they make a big difference,
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 1:10pm
I had mine fitted from new and I have been surprised at the lack of mud etc thrown up on the lower door and under-sill.

The rear of the car also appears to stay fairly clean.

All-in-all I would say they are a worthwhile addition.

Big smile

Edited by allan40alt - 21 Sep 2010 at 1:11pm
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 1:56pm

I also think they are a worthwhile addition.  They are also a benefit to other road users to a small degree.

It is also very simple to fit these WITHOUT removing wheels (despite what the Nissan fitting instructions state)

handilloyd View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handilloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 10:36pm
I think I must think about thinking of fitting some to deal with our local welsh mud, sand, cow and sheep products
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 11:41pm
Big improvement imo
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
leeoo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:51pm
Yes, of course they do. I added mine after a few days, (on my 1.6 gasoline euro5) and like you, I thought there will be no difference. Guess what? It make s A LOT of difference! It sopped ”spraying” my car, including the rear window and the back of the care as well. The only thing is that I do believe this accesory should be obligatory and included in the standards, after all, it is obligatory to ware them in some european states (I live in Romania where it isn't obligatory), why are they selling them separateley? What do you think? I am surprised you receive cars in UK without mud flaps, where it does rain a lot, after all... I really thought it's just a local dealer's trick. And I drive a 17"" model...
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 8:02pm
Hi & welcome leeoo,
You get nothing for nothing here, have to pay even for car mats unless you can get a dealer to include them in the deal.
cat65 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 8:51pm
I wouls say they are a great extra and really work - you will see the difference when you add them
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 8:59pm
Hi & welcome cat65 
They sure do keep your QQ cleaner.  Smile
Qashqai57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:25pm
Ordered a set of genuine nissan fronts and rears off the bay, whilst they have obvious functional benefits they also help make the QQ look a little more rugged
Nissan Qashqai Acenta 2.0l CVT 57
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:31pm
checkout the mirror and windows kit specials on here , great gadgets 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Qashqai57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:48pm
Fitted front & rear genuine Nissan mud guards this afternoon.  No wheel removal or drill required (despite instructions telling me to)  Approx 30 mins from start to finish.  Got the full set off ebay for £26.50 and pretty pleased with results.
timbo2410 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbo2410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:00pm
Hi all, I got my front mudflaps fitted a few weeks ago and am about to fit the rear ones. Now I've offered the mudflaps up to the rear moulding on the car and I'm a bit unsure as to where the screws actually screw into. There are no holes inside the wheel arch to guide me (the fronts had screws already in place), and there are two places that the screws could go. If I gently push the mudflap towards the centre of the car the screws could easily go on the "inner" part of the wheel arch that is made of thinner plastic. If I fit it without a gentle push, the screws could go on the very edge of the wheelarch in the thicker plastic (but there is not a lot of plastic to screw into). Anybody got a pic of theirs please Smile
Qashqai57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:28pm
Timbo, offer the rear mudflap to the car and locate the plastic stud at the bottom corner of the rear bumper.  Remove the plastic stud using a flat screwdriver (the centre pin slides in and out).  Again offer the mudflap up to the car and press in the new plastic stud (the old ones are too short and you will need the new ones supplied with the flaps).  Push the centre pin of the stud all the way home so the mud flap is fixed.  Next get a small but sharp object (I used a decking self tapping screw to make new fixing holes).  Then using supplied self tapping screws tighten into wheel arch trim plastic.  Let me know if you need more help.
timbo2410 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbo2410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:36pm
cheers for that mate ... Clap
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Qashqai57 Qashqai57 wrote:

Fitted front & rear genuine Nissan mud guards this afternoon.  No wheel removal or drill required (despite instructions telling me to)  Approx 30 mins from start to finish.  Got the full set off ebay for £26.50 and pretty pleased with results.

Hi Qashqai57 were the ones you got from ebay £26.50 +£8 p&P from seller tinpink123 as I was thinking of buying some or maybee some from auto enhancements,can`t make my mind up 
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
Qashqai57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 9:24pm
Balithbe, yes thats the one (tinpink)

I live within a couple if miles of them and collected this morning, 100% genuine nissan boxed with instructions and fixings.  At that price go OEM for me but at full price its a tougher call.

Edited by Qashqai57 - 28 Jan 2012 at 9:25pm
Qashqai57 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashqai57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 4:19pm
Timbo, how did you get on?  did you get them fitted ok?
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 8:33pm
anyone fitted auto enhancements mudfaps, they sell 2007 onwards mudflaps but also sell ones for 2010 onwards which they are out of stock of at the moment,what is the difference? I thought facelift mods would not affect mudflaps,I need some for a 2011 model,any help please
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
chrissyw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 12:55pm
I got mine off eBay nice set front went on easy enough but rear looks like i need to make holes in trim to fit

All sorted and on

Edited by chrissyw - 02 Apr 2012 at 9:49am
~~~CAFFE LATTE 15DCI 2010~<3
timbo2410 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timbo2410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 1:11pm
yep got mine done ... just followed the advice from Qashqai57 above and it all went together just fine, perfect fit and they do stop a lot of muck from getting up the side of the car and the rear. They're not all that long but they do work a treat :-)
chrissyw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 9:48am

Quick piccie for you
chrissyw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 9:51am
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 10:26am
Looks nice Crissy - neat job! Thumbs Up
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 12:32pm
I got my fitted by the dealership - they work well. I'd advise to go for it, I really would.

I also got the "rubbing strips"- they are ace, too.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 12:44pm
Have you got a pic of the rubbing strips 2fat??
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 10:09pm
I changed my 5 year old Acenta for a 1 year old metallic red N-tec Qashqai last Monday and paid £26 for a set of mud flaps from Automotive Enhancements. I have just fitted them . I had to take the rear 18inch wheels off in order to drill a couple of holes. The wheels are fairly heavy but I got them back on using a plank of wood to raise them into position. The fitting of the mud flaps itself was quite easy .
Owner of Gun Metal Grey 1.6 Tekna Dig-T Qashqai (3rd Qashqai)
QQdan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Mrbcb Mrbcb wrote:

I changed my 5 year old Acenta for a 1 year old metallic red N-tec Qashqai last Monday and paid £26 for a set of mud flaps from Automotive Enhancements. I have just fitted them . I had to take the rear 18inch wheels off in order to drill a couple of holes. The wheels are fairly heavy but I got them back on using a plank of wood to raise them into position. The fitting of the mud flaps itself was quite easy .

Just remember if you take of the wheels you should get the nuts checked for tightness. My understanding is the workshop manual is not out yet and you would need the tourque settings for the wheel nuts. Most tyre places will happily check them for you for free ( takes 1 min ). I would hate it if anyone lost a wheel while driving or worse a pedestrian getting hit by a loose nut Wink
'57 Tekna 1.6
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:35pm
Just ordered a set ,thanks for posting up picts,there Chrissyw.Thumbs Up
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 4:04pm
Update , just fitted the front flaps from automotive enhancements  set ,these went on fairly easily following the advice given above (thanks guys).Clap
The rears -think i need a different way to secure bottom as no replacement stud is in this chinese set plus there are only 8 self tapping screws provided for 12 holes (maths translation problem) Confused so its trip to an autostore soon for me .
the front set look great fitted so i expect rears will once i get them on.Wink
jdearauj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdearauj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 4:13pm

Was just about to make a post about the mud flaps from automotive enhancements. I used 4 screws which were already in the holes to make the 12 screws required.  I agree the fronts went on without any issues and look great. I had issues with the back flaps though, could not get the middle screws in on both sides as the tyre is in the way. Don’t have a screwdriver small enough to fit between the tyre and the flap. So at the moment i only have three screws on the back flaps and plan to take the rear wheels off this weekend to add the extra screw. Could be me but this seems to be the easiest solution. But i think somebody on the forums might have a better idea.

sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 2:34pm
Update -Saturday afternoon fitted the rear mud flaps, got the existing bottom fixing stud back in ,had to take rear wheels off to get the screws in ,used the recovered screws from fitting front (thanks for that hint jdearauj, Thumbs Up) could possibly got top screw in using a stubby screwdiriver, but it was quicker and better from the point of being able to line flap up and no holes in wrong place.
pleased with final appearance.
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 10:54pm
Piccies ?
Drives an 09 plate Caffe Latte Visia - and LOVIN' it !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic