UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Mud flaps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 11:00am
Same as chrissyw pics, I am tooo embarased Embarrassedto photo mine cause it needs a good clean and going over, If i go near car  mrs Ssod points out -house / garden in serious need of attention .Ouch
Shonadoll fell about laughing when i tried for temporary family membership whilst my sister in law just blinked and mentioned a bike!.Cry
So some day I will shove a picture on site -but in interest of staying alive I cant do that just now.

well thats my excuse anyways!!LOL
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 5:21pm
I had to take my rear wheels off in order to fit the rear mud flaps. I saw how well the back of the 18 inch alloy wheels are finished, a real quality job. What a job putting the wheels back! Very Heavy Ouch
Owner of Gun Metal Grey 1.6 Tekna Dig-T Qashqai (3rd Qashqai)
jay_c View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Qashqai57 Qashqai57 wrote:

Timbo, offer the rear mudflap to the car and locate the plastic stud at the bottom corner of the rear bumper.  Remove the plastic stud using a flat screwdriver (the centre pin slides in and out).  Again offer the mudflap up to the car and press in the new plastic stud (the old ones are too short and you will need the new ones supplied with the flaps).  Push the centre pin of the stud all the way home so the mud flap is fixed.  Next get a small but sharp object (I used a decking self tapping screw to make new fixing holes).  Then using supplied self tapping screws tighten into wheel arch trim plastic.  Let me know if you need more help.

Just got my set in the post, fronts are a doddle but the instructions for the rear suggest removing the original trim to add a nut to screw into. Then replacing the wheelarch trim and screwing the mudflap through into the nut - sounds like this isn't necessary though...Confused
2.0 dci 4WD Acenta in fired iron
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 3:19pm
Ref rear- I took off the rear wheel, offered the rear flap against the wheel arch and drilled after which I fixed it with a self tapping screws . If there is a a  screw  hole at the bottom just screw in using a self tapping plastic stud. I did this procedure in 2007 with the 1st Qashqai and now with my year old model I did the same. I did not touch the wheel arch trim.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 3:25pm
Don't worry about all the instructions for the rears. I just self tapped them thought the plastic trim and they've been fine for 18months and you would really have to yank em to pull them off !.....the only way they would get banged would be if you reversed into something high enough to damage them and let's face it, you'd probably want to buy some new ones anyway after that....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Mrbcb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 7:22pm
I would use pictures if I knew how to do it. I have tried without success so I ask as a senior citizen can anyone please advise? I will be able to cover my embarassment when I put my first picture on the forum. 
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 7:35pm
just follow the guide buddy  Thumbs Up

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
KGQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 11:29am

Worth of a small investment, adding mud flaps will make a huge difference during raining day.

20min job, dont need to remove any thing, just screw in, good luck
BlackDog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 6:20pm
Put my mud flaps on today (autoenhancements £22 ish after discount). Set comes with eight screws - two for each flap.

Front ones have three screws in that come out - two on the edge of the wheel arch and one underneath. On one side I got all three back in but on the other couldn't get the middle screw back in at all so put it close to the edge instead.

Rear screws went in no problem at all. But the little poppers that hold the rear bumper at the underside corner are too small to go back in. Anyone know where I can source some longer ones please?

In the interim I put a screw through the mudguard right next to where the poppers are and they re solid.

So not too traumatic and by relocating one front screw I didn't need to take the wheels off. Being a pessimist I also stuck some mammoth tape around where they touch the car just for some extra grip.

Edited by BlackDog - 28 Jun 2013 at 6:48pm
1 59 Visia 1.5dci Flame Red
2. 11 Acenta 1.5 dci Black
3. 14 Acenta 1.5 dci Black
qashqaiman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 6:44pm
hi mate you should be able to purchase these in a pack from halfords or a good car discount shop or on ebay put in car trim fixings you should find what you are looking for
2011 qashqai tekna 1.6 dci black. with chrome fog light surrounds front & rear.sidebars.number plate surrounds door sill guards.
BlackDog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 3:59pm
Halfords was really disappointing. Very little in the way of clips or screws. They referred me to a Nissan dealer. Hmmm,

Local bike shop had something similar which appear to fit ok and haven't come out yet so looking good. Also sourced a little ratchet device with its head at an angle which takes the driver bits for my electric drill. So no problem with any of the screws now despite the proximity of the wheels.
Zace66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zace66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 9:07am
Looking on Amazon, rather than ebay, I see there are 2 types of mud flaps available.  The ones pictured and and the other type being the good old fashioned mud 'flaps', ie the long flat ones that hang down and are made of hardened rubber.   
Has anyone fitting the older style, do they look any good?

renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Zace66 Zace66 wrote:

Looking on Amazon, rather than ebay, I see there are 2 types of mud flaps available.  The ones pictured and and the other type being the good old fashioned mud 'flaps', ie the long flat ones that hang down and are made of hardened rubber.   
Has anyone fitting the older style, do they look any good?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------tried to post pics of my previuos qq but i always.struggle with pics.
have a look in the photo gallery at mine,not sure my new one is in there but the previous black qq is.
always prefered this type of mudflap to the moulded type.only bug bear is that the rear wheels will have to come of to fit.although it is a pain in the ass when done i think it is worth it.Thumbs Up
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 8:27pm
my new one is under storm white in the galleryThumbs Up both have the same flaps fitted.
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
Sidms View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:36pm
Two screws or not two screw - OMG, I've made a right pig's ear of my rear mud flaps job. The front ones, no problem, removed two screws, fixed flaps using the same two screws. The rear one, bloody hell, afraid to remove tyre because everyone said, HEAVY. Only way I can see is to drill holes. Than, can only do two because tyre in the way for the lower hole. In a real state now, blood pressure up, sweating away like a pig in the midday sun, wife chewing my head off because there is a spider in the house. Finally managed to fix flaps with just two screws. Don't know how long they will stay fixed. If you are behind me on the M4, keep some distance - just in case my flaps comes off and smashes into your QQ. Wish life was a little simpler.
BlackDog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:45pm
I didn't drill mine, just put the self tapper through, two behind the tyre, one underneath next to the panel stud that comes out - had to replace that with a longer one

No probs screwing with this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400286309881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Sidms View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by BlackDog BlackDog wrote:

I didn't drill mine, just put the self tapper through, two behind the tyre, one underneath next to the panel stud that comes out - had to replace that with a longer one

No probs screwing with this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400286309881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Blackdog, Thanks for the link to that eBay screwdriver. Ordering one right now. Handy piece of kit.   
BlackDog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 12:57pm

If you read the posts a bit higher up on fitting and as long as you have the three screws in on the front, the two screws on the rear plus the trim clip/popper underneath (I also put in another self tapper next to them just incase) then they shouldn't go anywhere. I was checking mine after every journey but so far they re still inplace. And they keep the car tons cleaner than without.

Edited by BlackDog - 09 Jul 2013 at 12:57pm
Sidms View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 1:06pm
Thanks Blackdog.

PS. The spider in the house is now dead

Edited by Sidms - 09 Jul 2013 at 1:09pm
crolandc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crolandc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by balithbe balithbe wrote:

anyone fitted auto enhancements mudfaps, they sell 2007 onwards mudflaps but also sell ones for 2010 onwards which they are out of stock of at the moment,what is the difference? I thought facelift mods would not affect mudflaps,I need some for a 2011 model,any help please
Can anyone answer this question please as the ones I am looking at say 2007-2009 mine is 2010, is there any difference? 
2010 n-tec mineral grey.
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 7:06pm
hi  crolandc, I am probably wrong but looking at the ones on AE and comparing to mine and the rest i cant see the difference, i thought that the 2010 facelift only affected the front and rear lights etc.
2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 7:19pm
Hi,I ended up buying the 2010 onwards ones for my car,still can't see the difference,quick look on their website and ebay shop both types are the same price so I would just buy the correct ones for your year
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 7:28pm
Agreed balithbe Thumbs Up
2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
crolandc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crolandc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 8:52pm
Yes I will order the correct ones balithbe, thanks gents for the replies.
2010 n-tec mineral grey.
Doylo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by crolandc crolandc wrote:

Yes I will order the correct ones balithbe, thanks gents for the replies.

I have just had them fitted look good especially the rear ones.

1.5DCi Tekna Storm White 19in Silver Ibiscus Alloys, Illuminated Side Bars, Crossover Pack, Chrome Premium Pack, Black Body Mouldings, Mudguards, Chrome Wing Mirrors, White Alloy Gators
Wheelie Bealie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Bealie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 1:06pm
Just fitted mine this weekend, £60 from the local dealer but decided to fit them myself as it's a pretty straightforwards job. Can't comment on how much they reduce the spray as despite all the bad weather we'd had in the last month or two it's been pretty nice in the last week since I've had the car!
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
ovation99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovation99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 2:00pm
Does anyone know if these will fit the 2014 QQ?

Nissan Part Numbers

Ref Number KE788JD286
Ref Number KE788JD285

Edited by ovation99 - 18 Mar 2014 at 8:18pm
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Bronze 14 plate
December 2015 Tekna 1.2 Dig-T Ink Blue
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 11:00pm
No, it won't fit. There is a different shape on the new ones.
PeterandPaulo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterandPaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 10:02pm
Had mine fitted about a month after buying my QQ and they definitely do improve the exterior cleanliness of the car, compared with not having them.
P&P Qashqai Dec 2009 N-Tec 1.5 DCI Automirrors, Cafe Latte.
Jamesian View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 8:39pm
So I fitted my Nissan rear flaps as per their scary instructions. Except I didn't remove my 18" wheel or drill. Basically it's really simple and the instructions make it look really complicated. I think the bit that worried me was removing the wheel trim as that's not in the instructions. About half way through I suddenly thought to take some pictures for the forum. How ever I've never been able to post pics so... I'll attempt again later.

So. To remove drivers side rear wheel arch. Facing the wheel, front of car to your right, rear to your left. Undo bolt under neath, left of the wheel, where the wheel arch trim ends . It's like a self tapping screw but with a 10mm (I think) bolt head. Now starting from here pull the wheel arch trim towards you. You should be able to feel where the next fixed point is. Pull this bit toward you. Takes a bit of bravery but not much force. Look at my pics and you can see the white tag that goes into the rectangular slot. That's what's holding on your wheel arch on. Continue round to the next fixed point. Pull again. I think I popped 4 and then had enough room to pop in the metal screw fixings.

[URL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/jamesmacdon/media/E0E59FDF-A737-484E-B72C-D1E47BC65897_zpsybollhbt.jpg.html]

[/

Edited by Jamesian - 01 Oct 2016 at 9:05pm
Eh?
Jamesian View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 9:23pm
Further to my novel above. I have a wrench style screw driver so it only takes an inch of space but even then I think a stubby would fit. I didn't drill, I used the self tapping screws provided to make the holes. The screw fixing clips go on the rectangular indents with the semi circular cut outs you can see on the wheel arch liner. They're a bit loose so I gave mine a little squeeze with pliers to help them stay on. Also helps a lot of you line the fixing clip hole up with your screw hole in your arch trim before you clip everything back together completely.
Eh?
jamiroQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiroQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:08am
Hi Yes they do make a big difference. Now I'm changing the car and removed them the muck down the sills and the dirty tailgate is  very noticeable. Mine are for sale Please search  2014 for sale.Thanks
A Stocks
jamiroQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiroQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:13am
Mine were Genuine Nissan the ones on E Bay are tat.
A Stocks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic