UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Music via Bluetooth on connect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music via Bluetooth on connect
    Posted: 18áAprá2016 at 3:09pm
So, my used 2011 QQ ntec arrives on Wednesday

Firstly when I was test driving, i paired my phone with a QQ, but for some reason when I tested mine later it wouldnt connect. I suspect this is due to it thinking it's the same device and was failing authentication, so i'm putting this down to my phones error (which i can resolve)

My main question is however, that on the one i could connect to, it showed all my contacts correctly etc but i couldnt find a way to play music... is this possible? Or am I wishing for something that doesnt exist?

Thanks
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAprá2016 at 3:56pm
If you have an AUX button the stereo, you need to press this - twice from memory - first press is AUX via USB, second is via Bluetooth.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
vaderag View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áAprá2016 at 1:45pm
Awesome - thanks!

I definitely did that on the test drive, but on a different car!
Works perfectly on the one i just picked up :)

Side question... is there any way to set Favorites for the in car phone contacts? I don't need everyone under the sun on my list...
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áAprá2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by vaderag vaderag wrote:

Awesome - thanksSide question... is there any way to set Favorites for the in car phone contacts? I don't need everyone under the sun on my list...

Sadly not - but it gives you options for recent calls made/received so that might help.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
vaderag View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áAprá2016 at 3:26pm
Okay, thanks - i'll survive ;)
vaderag View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áAprá2016 at 9:01pm
So been having a play this evening and have another related question...

I came across the Nissan Connect app on the Play Store but it doesnt seem to realise that I'm connected on Bluetooth.

I'm wondering / guessing that maybe it isn't compatible with the connect system in my car, but can't find confirmation anywhere - it's a 2011 model... am I right?

Also, am I supposed to get a beep when pressing the phone button to activate voice control - it works, loading Google Now, but since it doesnt turn on the screen it doesnt give me any indication when I'm supposed to speak

And one totally unrelated question but kinda linked to my last point - i have a reversing camera - am I also supposed to get a beep for reversing, or is the idea you rely on the camera?
Stu_L View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu_L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áAprá2016 at 12:17pm
I'm afraid it's rely on the camera as standard - if you want a beep as well then you'll need to install sensors.
Black 2012 1.5 dci N-Tec+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic