UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

My list of comfort equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My list of comfort equipment
    Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 9:32pm
 Well, after being quite absent on the forum, decided to make the contribution and start sharing some of my ideas about some comfort equipment.
This, i think, will suit everyone who said at least once "The QQ should've had this!"
Yes, i'm going to show you my list of equipment that a great car like the QQ should have (even more on a tekna version):

Not so expensive:
-rear 12v power outlet
-boot 220v (or 110v) power outlet
-more cup holders
-armrest with 2 opening stages (something like the Touareg...)
-glowing door opening handles
-auto or one touch windows for all doors
-lighted window switches
-auto folding mirrors when locking/ auto unfolding when unlocking

Quite expensive...:

-DRL's
-auxiliary heating (with remote)
-heated windshield (like the rear windshield with very small transparent wires in it, deicer)
-adaptive light beams
-electric adjusted seats (with memory)
-bi-xenon (instead of a single beam per projector, low beam in our case)
-pneumatic suspension (adjustable height)
-adjustable suspension (comfort, auto, sport)

There are a lot of "missing" nice touches that should have been there from the factory...
I'm sure there are a lot more things that i missed in this list.
Why i have named "expensive" and "not expensive"? Well that's because it's my list of upgrades that i shall install in my car Star

If someone can give me some hints or links to parts mentioned above, i'll be forever thankful!
Must mention that the auto folding mirrors and the DRL's are installed Smile  I will be back with photos of the DRL's which are fitted in the cuts made in the bumper (interesting!).
2.0 dCi, Automatic, Tekna, NightShade, Starting with extras
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:12pm
This is a good list, naturally you'd have to up the cost of the QQ..possibly to the point of reducing its value for money too much.  So here's what I'd be willing to have from your list even if it meant pay extra:

Not so expensive:
-rear 12v power outlet  - Got this in the +2 already
-boot 220v (or 110v) power outlet - Yep could use this to alsorts of cool stuff.
-more cup holders - No
-armrest with 2 opening stages (something like the Touareg...) - No
-glowing door opening handles - Yes this would be really cool
-auto or one touch windows for all doors - No
-lighted window switches - not sure...swaying on this one
-auto folding mirrors when locking/ auto unfolding when unlocking - pretty sure this will be on the next facelift so not really

Quite expensive...:

-DRL's - no
-auxiliary heating (with remote) -? Does this mean heating without the engine turning over? if so yes.
-heated windshield (like the rear windshield with very small transparent wires in it, deicer) - No too often damaged so an expensive replacement.
-adaptive light beams - Yes
-electric adjusted seats (with memory) - Yes
-bi-xenon (instead of a single beam per projector, low beam in our case) - Yes
-pneumatic suspension (adjustable height) - No
-adjustable suspension (comfort, auto, sport) - No
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:21pm
MOD EDIT: moved to "equipment and extras" section Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:22pm
About the auxiliary heating system, a Webasto Big smile so that probably means a yes (here are -11 degree celsius right now!!!)
As for the suspensions... Taking into account the fact that the snow in Bucharest is as tall as me right now (i'm 1.94 meters high!) i had 2 occasions where this would've made a difference!
And the windshield... You are quite right... i changed one already and broke after just a week!!!

generally i would include anything that would make the QQ more "equipped", something like the feel of vw's and audi's...
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:23pm
Thanks craigfishin!

one question: how do i upload 2 photos? for the drl's Big smile
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:36pm
Auto one touch for the passenger Window think would be handy, DRLs and lighted Window switches I think I'd choose out of that lot. As Cowps sed, the QQ is a VFM Car and what they'd add with one hand they would taketh away with tother....

Would be no harm in adding them to the Xtras list though for the likes of the Snooty Tekna Drivers....

Edited by Affman - 17 Feb 2012 at 10:43pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:38pm
search for how to post pictures and theres a full step by step guide on here Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:39pm
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:50pm
The DRL's Wink

Sorry for the dirtiness! Not a good idea to wash your car in -11 degree celsius outside!

Thanks for the crash couse!

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:57pm
looks quite good..

when not in use looks similar to bump strips on some bumpers
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:01pm
It matches (almost) the color of the car.
There are available as clear glass too.
The best part about them is the full/half on feature that makes them feel as factory standard... Well at least close Smile
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:23pm
They actually look good when they're on and off.

Out of interest, where did you get them and how much were they?
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:42pm
From Dectane and set me back about 119 euros...
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 11:22am
I like those...notice he has what we 'thought' were the DRLs in the upper part of the headlight.  Perhaps they are nothing more than sidelights?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 1:12pm
Yes, ditto above and do like these, are they easy to Fit?... I mean on a Pleb type Level that me and Cowps are on?.......

Edited by Affman - 18 Feb 2012 at 1:12pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 1:17pm
Could you post the DRL model no. And Link iff possible?..... And how much is €128 in pounds now.....
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 1:25pm
Found these..on the site?

https://www.dectane.de/product_info.php?info=p49388_litec-daytime-running-lamps-20-led-310x30x40-mm-.html

myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 1:52pm
Yes. the link is correctSmile

The fit is not what i would call an easy DIY... The chaps from Nissan fitted the DRL's for me and wasn't a no sweater even for them. (for the alignment)

The most complicated part would be to cut the holes for the lights and a small portion of the foam thing from underneath the bumper. Of course, the wiring Big smile

If you can manage to cut the holes in perfect alignment one from another and know how to wire stuff in a car, then should be fineSmile

It would be around 100 pounds (roughly converted from euro)
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:03pm
Errrr... May give them a miss then, if it was a bit of a problem for Nissan Fitters, Then me...No chance.... ....I do so hope that what we saw at the Tour last week was not the DRLS and just side lights...think I just saw a new Kuga with some on and they looked very nice so hope Nissan ain't doin em on the Cheap as feel they will fall way below the Competions Spec..We will see....
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:09pm
Those at Nissan never fitted DRL's before and the only worry was about the holes for the lights.

Anyone saw a good quality module/kit for one touch windows? I do not need them to roll up when locking the car... Just one touch functionality Approve
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:12pm
Ohhh I've just got one from Dave at ACEDvds, on my phone but will try and find the thread..
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:16pm
Here tis..
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/auto-close-window-kit_topic8040.html

Sorry don't turn into link from iPhone :-(.      ...He also does the auto wing Mirror kits which I already have.....

Just reread your post so don't know if this is what your after??...basically this rolls all your windows up on plipping your Car, Handy of the Nipper has left one slightly open....

Edited by Affman - 18 Feb 2012 at 2:21pm
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:18pm
If you look in the QQ market section there's loads of stuff on there....
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:22pm
Thanks! I'll be looking there now. Hope they ship to Romania Big smile
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:33pm
I didn't see a word about one-touch (auto) window functionality... Are you sure it has that too?
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:45pm
I had a look at those lights you would need to cut a rectangular slot in the bumper to fit them, they would have to be perfectly measured to make sure they're equal.

The window kit Affman mentioned isn't what you're looking for it only closes the windows when you lock the car, if I understand correctly you're wanting something that will make all windows work like the drivers one does.
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 2:48pm
Big smileYesBig smile

just press once, window goes down (same with up)

i come across ones from directed electronics but i think they only work with alarm...
and would be great if it is a plug and play kitSmile
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:06pm
this is how the acedvds window kit works on mine , is this what you mean ??

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:11pm
If you mean all the way up with one touch, would think you've got to change all the Switches as well ? If I think your talking about what I think your talking about.....
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:11pm
No. What i need is the auto function on the buttons of windows.

You press once the window automatically go down without the need of keeping that button on the door pressed. I'm not referring at the key button, i'm referring at the door panel button for the windows.

In other words extending the drivers auto window feature to all windows in the car.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:15pm
I would think that's the only way to do it, as well as some poss. Additional electrics/module?
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:22pm
There should be a module that identifies the command from a switch to be an impulse and then carry out the command. Exactly like the auto switch from the drivers window...

That's what i'm searching for. It has nothing to do with the locking/unlocking of the QQ
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:22pm
The drivers button has 2 stages, I think that's what Affman means, the normal buttons don't have this function.

I don't understand why they only put it on the drivers door, I had an '89 Cavalier that had it on both front doors and a Vectra that had it on all 4 windows.
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:27pm
You're right about the 2 stage switch. The module/kit i'm searching for recognizes a short "touch" from long press on the single stage button.

Exactly like the sunroof cover! THAT's what i want with the rest of the windows switches!  Big smile

And that gave me an idea... Hmmm... i will check that switch to see if it has something special about it Wink

Edited by myk3y55 - 18 Feb 2012 at 3:28pm
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 3:50pm
Ok. I had a sneak peek at the sunroof switch and saw no module and the witch itself is quite basic...
What i conclude from this is that the computer or something is doing that "one-touch" function.
If that's the case, then i'm sure a local visit at the Nissan service to check the codes and stuff like that through the VAG-COM or so would do the trick for the windows.
I'm sure that a line or two of code will add one-touch function to windows also...

If someone knows stuff like this, please share your opinion!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic