Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > My Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

My N-tec Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My N-tec Upgrade
    Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:00pm
Hi All,

I've been offered what i think is a great deal on upgrading my 59 1.6l petrol n-tec to a new (i think its 62) n-tec+ 1.5dci. My car currently has 60k on the milage, i think 55k has been motorway cruising at 60mph. I have been offered £8.5k for the trade in of my 59 n-tec. My repayments will remain the same with no down payments. I think its a good deal anyway.

I have noticed the following, can anyone please tell me if there are other changes.

1. Mood lighting removed.
2. Spare Wheel Removed.
3. Addition of 360 camera.
4. Modified shape of the car.

Do you know if it would be possible for me to keep my current spare wheel & tools. Will it fit in the new car?
I'm hoping to improve on my 39.96mpg average that i have had over the 57,647 miles.

Your thoughts are welcome. Smile

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:50pm
Your monthly payments must be high then?.....I'm paying £256 a month and was told with a to total mileage of 24k after 3 years they would give me around 12.5k for my Ntec against a new model.... ... I worked out I would still have to put down at least 2/3k on top to keep my repayments the same......

The only thing I would say, on the face lift, post sept. 2010 is that the Wheels are a lot better and they introduced Gun Metalic as an option.......
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:54pm
I think you get footwell lighting in place of the mood lighting.
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:57pm
Thanks for the reply. I'm paying £244.70 a month and i have just payed my 37th payment. I have about £2500 to £3000 worth of money owed to me in the car. It sounds like you have been offered a great deal more money for your car than i have been mine. Although, is that the cost of doing 20,000 miles a year. I'm not sure.

18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 7:59pm
Footwell lightning, yes, i can see that as being a positive. Is anyone missing the automatic dimming rear view mirror. I loved it when i got it, i was kinda hoping it would remain. It was a great addition in my opinion.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 8:10pm
The deal was through Nissan on initial predictions of 8000 miles a year....The Car was 22k from new, I put down a total of 5k deposit, pay £256 for 36 months. After the 3 years, I either give them back the car and walk away, pay them £8300 and keep the car, or they will give me around 12.5k against a new one......

But think they are gonna discontinue the QQ+2 from next year and replace with a different model......

Oh and no dimming mirror with mine, though 18 months old.....

Edited by Affman - 20 Oct 2012 at 8:12pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 8:20pm
Do you know if there is room for my current spare tyre? or is the spacesaver space smaller?
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 8:26pm
No idea....spose they've just filled the space with a giant Tire, puncture repair/ inflation kit......

Someone with a newer model will be able to tell you.......
philglt View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philglt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 9:42pm
When I bought my new 1.6 petrol Visia last month, the salesman allowed me to transfer my spacesaver, jack etc across to my new car and putting the pump etc in its foam holder in the old car.....a straight swap..He did suggest that he shouldn't have done so ,but did on changeover.It's worth raising this with the salesman before doing any deal.

Phil
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 9:45pm
Perfect, Thanks for the tip Phil
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

No idea....spose they've just filled the space with a giant Tire, puncture repair/ inflation kit......

Someone with a newer model will be able to tell you.......

Yep Affers it was a big lump of black polyfoam stuff in wheel well with a air pump and bottle of tyre gunk glue. that was nov2011 - asked for my wheel and jack back off previous qq as they "forgot" to tell me on ordering car and to be fair they produced a new skinny wheel and kit..
white renault kadjar , 1.5d. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!! now Nissan hasbeen 2,
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:27am
a couple of other additions I can think of offhand to the facelift, - they supposedly fixed the shock absorber problem that the mk 1 had & also added  an "accoustic windscreen" to reduce noise.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:16am
Thanks guys. 
Think i might be visiting here again for a while, so i have just contributed today. Probably mainly browsing, but i do have a few stats to provide for all of you mpg geeks.

I'm still unsure if i should be upgrading. I guess the be all and end all is if you want/need a nice reliable car, you've got to pay for it.
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:16am
Although, i really wish it had a dab radio.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:23am
I heard that DAB radios can be hit and miss in cars.. ???
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:30am
Yes, i know what you mean. I did have an aftermarket dab radio in my factory fitted lpg vauxhall astra that i got rid of back in 2007 and it was pants, but i thought that was just due to how i installed the aerial (i'm not much of a diy'er). I thought the factory fitted dab radios's were fine. Well i guess it depends on where you live, but if it is a fm/dab radio, it should cover all options.

18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:31am
Wow, also just seen that you are on your 4th QQ. That gives me a bit more faith that i'm making the right choice.
dctyke View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dctyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:59am
My June 2012 ntec+ +2 came with a space saver under the 3rd row of seats!
2012 +2 ntec+ gunmetal grey
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by 18days 18days wrote:

Wow, also just seen that you are on your 4th QQ. That gives me a bit more faith that i'm making the right choice.

Might be a fifth if the Qashqai 360 price is right!!!!
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 1:55am
Think I'd probably pass on the 360 model as it will be just an end of  line special to sell some extra cars  before  the completely new model a few months later. (thats how I see it anyway  as most manufacturers do this). Having said that, as you say Fee, if  the price is right & you're not bothered if  you have the latest model or not the it could well be a worthwhile buy.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
RayBanJockey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:58am
or you could see it as a last chance at getting ahold of a new facelift QQ before they completely bugger up its looks!

---------------

2011 Nightshade 2WD M/T 2.0 petrol 2012 - White - Tekna - 2.0 - CVT - 4WD
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:25am
That is EXACTLY my fear..... .

I'd rather have an old model that looks nice, than a new one that looks like a Hyundai...

Edited by Fee - 22 Oct 2012 at 9:27am
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:35am
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:26am
Thats the problem...... Its all a concept with illustrations....

Nothing concrete...

Hmmm,
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:42am
I was sent details of the offer for last weekend.
The deal was "replace the current car and we promise your payments will not rise. A salesman will contact you to discuss. "
Well no one rang. I might just have considered upgradeing to a 1.6 dci Tenka if I could have got the deal but will now look to another "Friend & Family" discount.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 11:40am
@ 18 Days - where have you been hiding??
May I ask which Dealer you are talking too.....

That seems a pretty good price you have been offered on your old car.
just had a valuation done on mine and was offered 6500 for it top end (Non Nissan garage) - granted mines older, but under 60k, and its an Acenta too -  would there be 2 grand difference for 2 years?

Just curious as you're in my neck of the woods and maybe I should talk to Nissan.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 1:03pm
Hi Gadget,

I've not visited much over the past few years as i've not had any problems with the car. I guess that says it all really.

Anyway, to the point. I got called out of the blue from the company that i bought the car from originally 3 years ago. Afaik the company is a broker that by about 20 Qashqai's at a time from a dealership that has not met its targets for the month. I've actually been offered about 16.5k for a n-tec+ 1.5dci, but unfortunately, as i dont have that kinda cash laying around, i need to take out a loan with the company etc. It still works out cheaper than going to a showroom.

All my payments are through a big named bank, and it all appears to be above board. Well lets put it this way. I still have payments coming out of my bank from the company and i still have the car outside my house, so all appears to be fine.

I'm not sure if i will be allowed to post it here, but i will pm the details if you want. 
well infact, its nothing dodgy, i will post it anyway. carsandfinance. com I spoke to a fella named John. I have his number, i guess i will pm that if it is needed.

After the deal is done and i have the car, i just deal with my local Nissan Dealership. I think the whole deal takes about 10 days.

mods - feel free to edit this if you wish.
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 1:34pm
I've also been reading this forum for the past couple of days and found loads of info that i would never have known. I've have jist realised that my spare tyre is a 16" tyre which is 2" smaller and also much thinner. I have also just seen the post about holding the brightness button on the nissan connect that turns the screen to a clock. I've also found out that the car locks itself if you dont open the doors within x amount of time, and lastly for the moment, i forgot that i had a sliding tray under the passenger seat.

Things i may need to set up on my new car are: One touch window, self locking doors after going 5mph (i think) and also the button on the key that only unlocks the drivers door.

Still wishing i had the fancy key fob & a dab radio, but i cant afford it and i should be grateful that i'm getting a new car :)
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 2:02pm
Can't say fairer than that can you - although as you have mentioned in your second post - its an invaluable forum to be on - soooooo much information to be gleamed!!

I guess you are on their books hence the call and as an existing customer may be getting a good deal from them.
I only ask as I'm "toying" with the idea of a change.....  just wondered if you may have experienced a good deal from a specific dealer... trade in wise that is.
I'm not looking for new so those guys won't be of any use to me, but thanks for dropping in and answering - much appreciated.

Good luck with your purchase and keep us posted how it goes and then you can get all your questions answered on the new model.

2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 2:12pm
Thanks Gadget.
I have no idea about trading in cars. I always feel like i could have got a better deal or i am being ripped off. I tried to sell my old skoda fabia on auto trader. I received loads of calls but every single one of them semed like a scammer or a car dealer of some sort. People were asking if i would take the car to the doscks so tat it could be shipped to africa and all sorts. I never had a single person enquiring about buying the car.

In some kinda way, i'm glad that he called now. I was thinking of just finishing my payments and keeping the car until it died on me, but then i had second thoughts.

Good luck selling yours gadget.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic