UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

My Qashqai wish - delivery of my new car!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Qashqai wish - delivery of my new car!
    Posted: 05áJuná2014 at 12:07pm
My wish is to receive delivery of my new Qashqai - ordered 21 Feb 2014 and the wait goes on.  

Order is for Tekna 2014 1.6dCi 4WD Flame red with a bit of chrome bling!  Understand delivery not due now until September 2014............

I wait 'patiently'.
Mrs B
Tekna 2014 1.6dCi 4WD flame red with chrome bling!
alansabout View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alansabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2014 at 1:58pm
That is a long wait, was at my local dealer last week and he said they were having to wait a long time for Tenka delivery, he quoted "order now might get it by October"Thumbs Down
1.6dci ntec+ silver
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Mrs B Mrs B wrote:

My wish is to receive delivery of my new Qashqai - ordered 21 Feb 2014 and the wait goes on. á

Order is for Tekna 2014 1.6dCi 4WD Flame red with a bit of chrome bling! áUnderstand delivery not due now until September 2014............

I wait 'patiently'.

That's a really long wait, have you contacted other dealers to hear their own delivery times? It seems to me that the different dealerships in the UK are very varied when it comes to this. Some members on this forum waited a few weeks while others are expected to wait a quarter year...all in the same country
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
Mrs B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJuná2014 at 9:30pm
I have contacted numerous dealers, near and far, all giving delivery times of approx 4 months.  

My original delivery date was June 1st which came forward to mid-may.  Week prior to the mid-may delivery date suddenly delivery became mid-September.  

Dealership at a loss to explain.  

Nissan UK customer service not great at answering my question as to why, suddenly, an extra 4 month wait.

Hence my despondency.  Am waiting patiently for my lovely new Nissan Tekna 1.6dCi 4WD Flame Red.  

Mrs B
Mrs B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJulá2014 at 8:41pm
SmileWell, I have had NEWS!

It took a letter to Chief Exec of Manufacturing UK to start an investigation but car is due at dealership by end of August and to give more credence to that statement a VIN has been allocated.

I have advised Dealership (who have been Brill) and Nissan UK that after all this time the car is NOT to be registered prior to September!

So, after 6.5 months it appears that I will be the proud owner of a Nissan Qashqai and I can start to enjoy the experience that all other forum members have been raving about and making me sooooooo envious.

Reason for delay:  sourcing of engine and other components for specific model ordered bearing in mind demand from the marketplace.

Qashqai, Tekna 4WD, Flame Red with Chrome bling

Edited by Mrs B - 26áJulá2014 at 8:42pm
Mrs B
Mrs B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áAugá2014 at 5:09pm
And the saga continues.......

Delivery date of 28th August came and went.  Sales rep at Dealership left for pastures new.  

Directors office rang late on 28th - Press shop developed a fault.  production line stopped.  no more info available.

30th August - Went to dealership to meet Head of Sales and new sales rep to put face to names.

Further info:  builds due between 19th and 29th August affected - delays until mid-September deliveries.  e-mail from Sunderland - cars affected : - MINE!

at least now have confirmation that Sunderland have an order to start a build!

The wait continues.  New QQ on road look absolutely GORGEOUS

Can't wait for mine...............  
Mrs B
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áAugá2014 at 5:23pm
Oh Mrs B. You have been one understanding lady over this whole saga. Let's hope your car arrives on the new date given.
Finger crossed for you.
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áAugá2014 at 5:41pm
At the moment mine is due 13 Oct, gong to be ringing the dealer to see if there any delays to that....
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
dws7124 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dws7124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áAugá2014 at 10:42pm
I am also waiting (since 5th May) for Tekna 1.6dCi 4WD gun metallic with crossover pack and some chrome bling.
Got the same now in a 61 plate with stone leather. Can't believe Nissan ditched the stone leather!!

Been quoted 23rd September delivery. Have to wait and see.
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2014 at 7:01am
When ordering a new car (as far as I know any make) the dealer will tell you when he is going to supply you. He is basing his date on his info from the manufacture.
I believe that the dealer should be liable for any "costs" incurred by the buyer due to late delivery from the dealer (should be breach of contract). The matter of contract terms between dealer and manufacture is not the concern of the buyer.
When the dealer says the delivery has been delayed, how do we know if this is the case or the car has been diverted to keep another customer happy.(maybe a large lease company or insurance company who do a lot of business)
I see one member refer to Volks keeping him updated directly --- absolutely fantastic service why do not other manufactures do the same.
Brian
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2014 at 8:02am
There has certainly been some production problems due to a Press failing. This has been well documented on the Juke (JOG) forum as Juke production was lost for a week or so.
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2014 at 9:10am
Supposed to back up this week, loads of catchback production overtime as well....

Edited by paulyoung666 - 01áSepá2014 at 12:29pm
PsychoTeapot View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Dafty Duck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoTeapot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2014 at 11:49am
Gawd, this worries me!
My 4.5 year old (supposedly reliable) german car blew up in remarkable style in June. Left most of the engine and oil in the fast lane of a dual carriageway. VW washed their hands of it so fast I nearly missed it! Out of warranty, yadda yadda yadda etc etc etc. It was wayyyy too uneconomical to repair, so it's been written off. 

Rather than buy a replacement, I have arranged to lease (then buy) my QQ, and ordered it in at the end of June. The wait is HORRIBLE, as I'm struggling to get around as it is. To hear about a delay is depressing as hell. The lease website shows that I don't even have a "build week" yet. Whatever that is. So if you hear a strange knocking noise, don't worry about your Qashqai. It's just me, drumming my fingers with frustration while I wait!
*** 2014 1.6dCi Acenta Smart Vision in Nightshade ***
                            (AKA Johnny Qash)
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2014 at 12:30pm
Hope you ain't ordered a 1.6dci....
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2014 at 12:34pm
You seem to be complaining that VW will not carry out work FoC on a 4.5 year old car(Mileage?; Full Main dealer service history?; Extended Warrantee?;Original Owner?), yet you are happy purchasing a Nissan who limit the warrantee work to 60,000miles or 3 years.
From my experience Nissan will not permit work carried out at all if it can possible be avoided.
In our case we had an air con "condenser" on a QQ fail at 3 month old, Nissan tried to say it was not warrantee because the weld holding the pipe on one end had split. We still have a gear change that is the worse I have ever know, been trying for nearly 2 years to get it sorted.

Try looking at a number of topics on this forum regarding Nissan attitude to engine faults occurring way within warrantee period/mileage.

When running correctly you will love the QQ but just hope it does not give trouble, though as you are leasing the car you have help via the lease company.

In case you consider I am pro Audi group I have never owned any car from the group, just can not understand your complaint regarding a 4.5 year old car, at that age so much depends on its "history".
Brian
PsychoTeapot View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Dafty Duck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoTeapot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Abh29 Abh29 wrote:

You seem to be complaining that VW will not carry out work FoC on a 4.5 year old car

Not at all! I'm not complaining about the treatment from VW in any way. And this forum is not the place to do it if I was. I am merely saying how frustrating the wait is for my replacement car. Sorry if it came across as a whinge at VW - that wasn't my intention.
*** 2014 1.6dCi Acenta Smart Vision in Nightshade ***
                            (AKA Johnny Qash)
Mrs B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2014 at 8:39pm
Just to update everyone........... ITS ARRIVED!

To the shock of the dealer whose system informed him it would be at least the 8th of September a transported arrived on the 1st of September with Flame Red Tekna 1.6Dci 4WD marked as URGENT.

All handovers done today and now I am a member of the qashqai world and may I say the drive is gorgeous.  

It will take a while to read all the paperwork/online gismos to understand all the workings of the car.  Have currently got the basics off pat!

Good luck to everyone with their individual orders.......  6.5months but worth the wait.

and as Etta James would say 'At Last!'

Would post a picture but at the moment the technology is defeating me!

Mrs B
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2014 at 8:40pm
Nice one
Enjoy.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
evohicks View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evohicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2014 at 10:45pm
Bet you are relieved after that time Mrs B, it would be nice to see it after the wait, go grab a camera hurry hurry!
2012 Ntec+ 1.5Dci in Arctic White
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2014 at 7:57am
Glad you have yours and are lovin' it Tongue.

My wait goes on...................tick tock tick tock Sleepy

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áSepá2014 at 8:15am
Hop e you enjoy many miles in your new car , Mrs B.

Edited by Tiffany - 10áSepá2014 at 8:15am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Mrs B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2014 at 8:56pm
Star
Mrs B
Mrs B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2014 at 8:57pm
i finally figured out the 'picture' technology!

It is an absolute dream to drive.

Well worth the wait

The husband is very happy with his sleek red car.

Mrs B
evohicks View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evohicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2014 at 9:00pm
Very Nice, the bling really sets it off nicely :)
2012 Ntec+ 1.5Dci in Arctic White
Mrs B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2014 at 9:03pm
Thank you evohicks.
Mrs B
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2014 at 9:19pm
Great looking car,personally I dont think on the Magnetic Red (I have a Mag Red Mk2 Ntec)the chrome around the windows suits it but on the Flame Red I like!!..
Know what colour I want now, thanks for posting the picture as I haven't seen a 2014 Qashqai in this colour.
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic