UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

My smile gets even bigger with this engine!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My smile gets even bigger with this engine!
    Posted: 13áSepá2010 at 12:26am
Us 1.5 diesel owners can (and willWink) talk until the cows come home about the fantastic lump of metal under the bonnet....however even after this weekends trip I have to say I'm still taken back at what a little performer it is.

I drove from south London to Whittingdon (off the A38 Staffs way) on Friday night, then onto Birmingham airport to my hotel bed for the night. Today drove back to Whittingdon, back to hotel then home again.

When I left Friday night the fuel gauge was one block above the 3/4 mark; I reset the mpg, trip counter and journey time....the figures are as follows Geek

Total miles covered - 390 (climate on low about 80% of the time)
Av mpg - 50.2Clap
Journey time - 7 hours 9 mins
Speed was a solid 90mph when possible (ie empty roads) and keeping up with the general flow of traffic (about 80mph). Hit 3 bad spots of slow traffic coming home south, 1st and second gear type driving.

My range still says 152 miles and there's four blocks left on the fuel gauge!

I never felt uncomfortable either, a testament to those n-tec seats - firm, figure hugging and excellent lumber adjustment.

Ladies and Gents, I give you the Qashqai! What a motor eh!

Cheers all (whatever engine you drive), Steve.Thumbs Up
n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áSepá2010 at 1:01am
great post mate , what an engine eh , superb
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áSepá2010 at 10:49am
The limit is 70 Mr Welling. 90 Is far too fast! In fact its dangerous!
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
Veritas-18 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
TUKC President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veritas-18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áSepá2010 at 6:46pm
LOLErmm
Ermm
QQ+2 Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna Stone/L.mudflaps,wind deflectors,chrome mirrors, chrome rear finisher,entry guards,rear entry guard chrome rear grip cover, SAC,TUKC President,car due 1/12/10 now 1/3/11
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áSepá2010 at 7:04pm
i approve mr welling theres nothing wrong with going fast as long as its in the right place
not only that you have got to keep the DPF happyLOL(you might be one of the lucky ones if you havent got one)

Edited by the stig - 13áSepá2010 at 7:08pm
60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
handilloyd View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handilloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áSepá2010 at 7:16pm
3 cheers for the 1.5 hip hip hooray and again twice
Picked mine up last Thursday 9 th no d p f but as all my trips are min 36 miles at speeds over 70 some times it would not have mattered I can leave my little welsh village and within 1/2 mile be on roads clear and can do 110 plus not that anyone does mind you all to responsible drivers round here LOL
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áSepá2010 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Mr Welling Mr Welling wrote:

Us 1.5 diesel owners can (and willWink) talk until the cows come home about the fantastic lump of metal under the bonnet....

but surely that would only dent your QQ Mr Welling? Why not use a tree branch instead  like Basil Fawlty, when the  DPF leaves you stranded  Wink

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 12:27am
mine's a 59 plate chaps...no DPF...and for the record I believe excess speed in the wrong situation kills, i don't speed in those conditions. At 2am on an empty M6 - yep, no problem, will happily do 90mph if it's dry.

n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade...the wait is over! What a car, love every aspect of it.
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 12:54am
I will find out about the 1.5dci tomorrow hope I can say the same as the rest of you once Ive gave it a good runaround.  LOL
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 8:36am
Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought ALL facelift 1.5's had a DPF? Just an observation. I may be wrong but I would like to know.
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 9:51am
Only those built since June I think Ermm

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 9:53am
90mph Guilty as charged Mr Welling, I was doing 37mph the difference is I got caught you didn't which is for you and for me, We can all make jokes and excuses for why we speed, but what I think about is how would I have felt if I'd have hit a child Now I bet that's cheered everybody up
Tekna
Tekna
TUKC President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veritas-18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 12:42pm
Ermm yep Mr Welling... best watch out for those kids running about all over A38 dual carriageway,...they are a nightmare , aren't they ......lol LOLThumbs Up
QQ+2 Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna Stone/L.mudflaps,wind deflectors,chrome mirrors, chrome rear finisher,entry guards,rear entry guard chrome rear grip cover, SAC,TUKC President,car due 1/12/10 now 1/3/11
Tekna
Tekna
TUKC President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veritas-18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 1:15pm
...and they're just as much a pain, when all over the M6 too LOL
handilloyd View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handilloyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 2:31pm
Collected my 1.5 on 9.9.10 new model acenta spec NO DPF if you have one you should get a dashboard light when ignition first turned on looks like exhaust with smoke coming out of it I've no symbol/ light and no dpf on new spec
Mr Welling View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Welling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Veritas-18 Veritas-18 wrote:

Ermm yep Mr Welling... best watch out for those kids running about all over A38 dual carriageway,...they are a nightmare , aren't they ......lol LOLThumbs Up

The A38 is a baptism of fire mate Wink So many cars drive too close to each other on that dodgy road.
Tekna
Tekna
TUKC President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veritas-18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2010 at 11:47pm
Glad to see your stretching  (Panther) QQ's legs when able Wink
Hans Gruber View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Gruber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áSepá2010 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Mr Welling Mr Welling wrote:

Originally posted by Veritas-18 Veritas-18 wrote:

The A38 is a baptism of fire mate Wink So many cars drive too close to each other on that dodgy road.

Never a truer word Mr Welling:

"As well as three deaths there have been 38 accidents leading to injuries over the last three years."

http://tinyurl.com/2wjuedw

http://tinyurl.com/2cq3rdr

Ordered 29/06/10, Delivered 23/11/10 1.5dci N-tec, Nightshade, 18",

Invers View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Invers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áDecá2010 at 7:34pm
Great Post, I am waiting to receive my Black Ntec, 1.5dci, delayed due to snow
I was a pleasure to read such an amazing comment on the fuel consumption
Thanks Clap
Invers View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Invers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áDecá2010 at 7:45pm
Please call me stupid, What is a DPF, ?, Confused
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áDecá2010 at 7:59pm
diesel particulate filter, it basically filters the fumes from the engine, reducing emissions but its prone to a soot build up without a regular long journey or higher rev journey, if its a day to day short journey car youd be best with petrol, however if you do a lot of longer journeys or higher revving driving then the 1.5 will be fine, and its better fuel economy... search DPF and you will find LOTS about it lol

and okay. since you asked for it STUPID Tongue
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áDecá2010 at 8:00pm
welcome to the club invers(forgot to say that lol)
nice to see a local member, im not too far from you.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áDecá2010 at 8:09pm
welcome invers
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Digster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áDecá2010 at 7:57pm
Cant wait to get my moter Jan14th 5 months i have been waiting bought some extra bits for it the test drive was fantastic colour i have got is a lovely new red colour my Note is Black and shows all the scratchis and dirt every time i went to the show room i sat in the one they had and made bruuuuummmmbruuuuummm noises to my wifes imbarasment hhahahahah
2011 LOVELY NEW COLOUR RED TEKNA GRATE ALLOYS MUDFLAPS WHAT A DREAM :)))))
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áDecá2010 at 9:07pm
LOL We just can't help it digster, we never grow up....especially when it comes to cars.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áDecá2010 at 9:21pm
I was only thinking the other night suggesting to the wife we all camp out in the car for a night..if it wasn't for the baby I'd have been serious too

Edited by Cowpers - 22áDecá2010 at 9:22pm
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic