Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

My Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Wish List
    Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 7:40pm
I have had my QQ about 6 weeks now and am pleased with it generally and would consider the next car to be a new model QQ. I am not sure what innovations/up-dates the 2014 model has but I would like to see the following;

1 A horn that draws attention instead of sounding as weak as a bicycle bell.
2 A button, maybe on the key-fob, that locks the car without de-activating the car's alarm but does de-activate the interior's movement-sensor rather than the ridiculous 3 x turn ignition on and off when a pet is to be left in the car.
3 Headlights with levers at the rear to change from RHD to LHD so that use on European roads is good, safe and convenient.
4 Sat Nav (seen lots of posts about this issue) where mapping is up-dated at least twice a year and does not require the purchase of a new SD card. Maybe, like other systems, plug the card into a PC and download the up-dates; SIMPLES!!!
5 Slightly less of an issue but I wondered why the handbrake is more on the passenger side of the centre-console than the driver's side. It looks and feels strange to me.
6 Front, rear and side cameras. This is all very well but, having had 2 previous cars with audible sensors front and back, I would far prefer to HEAR the distance lessening than have to judge it by coloured markings on a screen.
7 Electric folding-mirrors instead of manual.

I will be looking for such things next time I change the car and will be more aware prior to purchase.
Other than this I do enjoy the QQ but would like to see more MPG even though mid 40mpg is an improvement on my last car; it's not what the book records!! It has only done less than 10,000 miles thus far however and so may yet ease up and produce better consumption figures.
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 8:57pm
A lot of these points have been addressed on the new QQ.
The horn.......well maybe not!!
The alarm....there is a deactivation button inside to disable the interior alarm should animals be left in the car.
Headlights....not sure as I dont drive abroad but there is anothrr thread on the forun rdlating to the new headlights.
Sat nav...I assume that when it eventually updates to the Google connect thingy it may update the maps too!!!
Handbrake.....is now(like most cars nowadays) is electronic .
Cameras....now has sight and sound.
Mirrors....has electric folding by pushing a button,although not automatic when locking the car but Nissan did not want to put Dave out of business   

Edited by sandman - 03 Feb 2014 at 8:59pm
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 11:25pm
1 the horn us set at European sound DB standards, blame them!
2 As above
3 they are exeon so don't need a swap over nor stickers, the 2014 has bidirectional bulbs and is the same
4 Wifi, google updates.
5/6/7 As above
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
ronali View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 8:16am
Thanks for the good responses and it's good to know that improvements have been made on the 2014 model.

The fact remains that my Nissan Connect has an SD card dated 2011 and the car wasn't registered until June 2012; that's not very frequent up-dating of maps.

I consult my manual and it states I should contact a Nissan dealer to up-date maps. This is not at all helpful. What will they do? Some replies to my post mentioned Google/wi-fi updates. HOW?

I can also assure you that my RHD, 2012 model N-Tec 360 degree model has an elevated beam on the left of the headlight beam; it is NOT flat. This may be because it has Halogen lights and not Zenon.
ronali View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 4:30pm
It has all gone quiet!!!

I am going to drive down to mid-Spain next month and feel the onboard GPS will be out-of-date as it's 2011 mapping. So, just what have I got to do to get the latest version? buy a new SD card? update the card through my PC on google? (if so HOW) or some other way? The manual is next-to-useless on this topic.

A quick and accurate response would be much appreciated.

It is sad to think that I have an almost new car but may still have to use my Garmin which has more up-to-date mapping and stick it on the windscreen.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 12:16am
You need a new SD card, best option would be Ebay as it will be a lot cheaper. You want the one with the number that ends in E  ie BH00E (dont think the F version is out yet) ignore the big E on front of card that just means European maps.
some E ones in this lot

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xqashqai+connect+map+sd+card&_nkw=qashqai+connect+map+sd+card&_sacat=0&_from=R40
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
ronali View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 8:45am
Thank you ericos. That's very helpful.

Viewing the cards on ebay, via your link, it revealed another point I had totally forgotten about; it is illegal to have any instrument in a vehicle that notifies of speed cameras etc in France. Not sure how to de-select this option on a QQ system and so i will stick with my Garmin, on the screen (which is a better height than lower-down on the centre-console anyway) as its mapping is up-to-date and won't cost me £50-80 either.

At least I know about the SD card system now. Many thanks again.
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 3:08pm
2011 SD card? I'd ask the deal ship to upgrade as part if scheduled service work.

Always worked for me, and others.

Just ask and don't forget to say please!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Billw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 8:55pm
Well it didn't work for me. Stuck with a car with a nav system 2 years out of date when I bought the car and would cost lots to update. Coupled with Nissans poor warranty performance they have lost another sale that they could so easily have had.
Just as well there are plenty of other manufacturers out there who maybe look after their customers better.
Never again Nissan for me.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Billw Billw wrote:

Just as well there are plenty of other manufacturers out there who maybe look after their customers better....

Sorry, mate, keep on dreaming... Wink
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Billw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 4:05pm
Strangely enough I've also got a Renault (so very linked to Nissan) and have been very pleased with their customer service, excellent Tom Tom satnav and warranty performance. Maybe dreams do come true.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 5:34pm
Yes - my opinion of Renault has changed since we got Wifey a new Clio 1.5 diesel auto with all the goodies .

Doors lock themselves and bleep twice as you walk away .

DPF has been moved to a hotter part of the engine bay so it regenerates itself .

Generous discount plus interest free credit   

Watch out Nissan.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic