Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

My wishes as a new QQ owner.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My wishes as a new QQ owner.
    Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 6:45pm
Hi,

I've had my QQ 360 (Facelift 2013) for just over a week now. I think it is the best car I have ever owned. But two things (in my mind) really let the car down badly.

1. Satnav mapping data WAY out of date. The car was supplied with the latest Nissan mapping data SD card in it for 2012. It's more like 2010 data it is so far outdated. Nissan - please take heed. I've already discovered that my Satnav is just a waste of time in some locations. Roads that were built 18 months ago aren't even on there !!

2. Automatic folding door mirrors. For a £20K vehicle I would have expected these as a standard fitting. I know I can buy a kit to do this but am reluctant to spend another £70 for something that should be a standard accessory on a top end vehicle like this.

Only two gripes - neither of which would have stopped me buying a QQ anyway. But the SatNav issue was a real disappointment to me I have to admit.

Regards,

Richard
If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is.
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
badobsession View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badobsession Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 7:48pm
Hi ya Richard 
i get my 360 QQ next week ....
can you not upgrade the card on the sat nav ...????
and i was looking at getting the wing mirrors kit ..

do what you like and like what you do
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 8:32pm
Hi Badobsession,

The card in the car is the latest 2012 SD mapping data - I queried it with Nissan when I discovered the M8/M74 link wasn't on the map - then I also discovered that was the case when I joined this Forum. So my guess is that your new 360 will also have the same mapping data when you collect the vehicle. You can identify the card easily - take it out of the bottom of the Connect unit and look at the label. It will be labelled '25920 BH00E' with a copyright 2012 on it also. Then - you will KNOW the worst !!! (E is the latest mapping signifier)

One other little niggle I should have added to my list too - the horn is pretty awful for such an upmarket, modern looking vehicle. I've ordered some replacement twin horns for mine off E-Bay for just £5. If you look around the Forum you will find the thread about this and how to fit them.

Good luck with your new QQ 360 !!! Mine has just done 350 miles now and had it a week last Friday. I do quite fancy the mirror kit but my garage is quite narrow and the QQ won't fit with door mirrors out. I could just see me switching on the ignition and the mirrors coming out and bouncing off the walls !! However I think the auto function in the kit can be over-ridden by the open/close mirror switch to stop things like this happening.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 12 Aug 2013 at 9:04pm
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 9:36pm
Yes the standard mirror switch on the car still  works after the kit is fitted, move it to the closed position & they will remain closed.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 9:39pm
The Sat Nav issue is an old one and we have debated it on here in length over the past couple of years.... The fees that Nissan charge for their supposed up to date card are over inflated to say the least....I think I waited over 2 years for them to update a bypass where I live that's only 500 yds from my front door...I now wait and get one of fleabay for £30.....at least I don't feel so hard done by.....👍
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 9:50pm
Hello Affman,

Yes, I've been reading the various Nissan SatNav comments all over the Forum in various places - but as a new QQ owner I felt I had to vent my own spleen as well on the issue !! If Nissan reads any of these things then maybe if enough folk grumble loudly enough they might just listen. However, like you - I'll be checking E-Bay when the next card comes out for 2013. Until then - if I go somewhere new that I don't know in the QQ I'll be taking my Snooper Syrius GPS along with me.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 12 Aug 2013 at 9:51pm
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 10:29pm
What makes it a joke is that you can buy a Tom Tom with 12 months England and Ireland up to date data for less than Nissan are charging....😒😡
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 10:36pm
or you could download TT for an Android, for free /*cough
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 10:39pm
Sorry, ill release the Testicles now Ericos....😉😄
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 10:54pm
Hi Affman,

Yes - I never thought of that aspect - ie the ability to buy a new TomTom for less than Nissan are charging for an 'updated' or latest Connect SD card. That makes the whole thing even more ludicrous. I hope Nissan are reading these threads .....   

Regards,

Richard
scimitargtc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scimitargtc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 9:39am
2016 tekna xtronic 1.6dci= just read about folding mirrors / auto window close thread and been out to my car to check yup a £31k car does not have the facility to drop the windows with the remote never mind closing them - my 2012 citroen c4 we 've just sold to our son did that as does my 1997 range rover and our 2010 fiat ulysse - the aces dvd company that is mentioned is recorded by mcafee as a risky site to enter so options I'm unsure of
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 7:31am
Many have purchased kits from aces dvd's no one has reported any problems with it.

You could skyways ring DAVE... He's a very helpful guy.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
scimitargtc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scimitargtc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 8:19pm
spotted tofay some scroate has nicked the radio aerial which explains the crap reception = thought the car looked odd last night and checked in daylight and the screwin aerial has gond leaving a nice pristine female socket to spend money on a replacement --- really!
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by scimitargtc scimitargtc wrote:

spotted tofay some scroate has nicked the radio aerial which explains the crap reception = thought the car looked odd last night and checked in daylight and the screwin aerial has gond leaving a nice pristine female socket to spend money on a replacement --- really!

Make sure you get an OEM aerial, the 2013 plate we bought had a non oem on and it whistled badly until I bought one from Flea Bay
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic