UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > General Specs and Technical Details
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need a door expert (QQ+2 door to fit standard QQ?)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Need a door expert (QQ+2 door to fit standard QQ?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsmclaughlin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a door expert (QQ+2 door to fit standard QQ?)
    Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 11:44am
Hi Folks

I find myself in the unfortunate position of needing to replace the near side read door on my 2013 J10 Tenka .

I've found a colour matched replacement door on a breakers website but it's from a QQ+2 (or the JJ10)

Does anyone know if a rear door from a QQ +2 will fit a stanard QQ? It does look like it?

This could save me over £1000 so if anyone knows for sure I'd really appreciate you letting me know, I'll owe you a pint! 

In fact, I will literally send you a box of beer if I get the door fitted and save the money - how's that for incentive?!!!

Cheers :)

~Drew
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 3:02pm
As the QQ +2 builds a few centimetres higher than the "normal" QQ - I bet the door won't fit - no expert, however - just by looking at the two cars...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
MikeR View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 5:20pm
I must say I can't imagine Nissan spending 100s k to tool up for doors slightly bigger. It doesn't make economic sense so I would think it is the same size but I don't know for sure. Is it poss to run a tape over them?
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 6:31pm
The normal Qashqai has a height of 1,606 millimetres, the Qashqai +2 has a height of 1,642 millimetres. That's a difference of 1.4 inches ...

From the English Wikipedia article about the Qashqai +2: "From the A-pillar back the car's chassis is unique, but trim and engine models remain the same as on the standard Qashqai." In the German version of the article it is stressed that the doors are formed differently to the normal model...

The chances, that the doors are interchangeable are slim to non-existent IMHO....

Edited by Udo2009 - 14 Dec 2016 at 6:32pm
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 7:46pm
I have the +2 and the back doors are definitely slightly larger. This is to enable easier access to the two flip seats in the boot of the extended wheelbase.

I reckon you will need to keep looking for specifically +2 door from breakers yard or elsewhere, sorry its not better news for you.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
dsmclaughlin22 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsmclaughlin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 10:20am
Thanks folks, that's bad news but better to find out now than after I buy the wrong door.

I'll keep hunting!

Cheers!

~Drew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic