UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 2.0 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

New 2.0dci...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frimleyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 2.0dci...
    Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 2:40pm
Hi all

Picked up my new Tekna 2WD 2.0dci on 1st June. Generally seems ok, just filled the tank for the second time. The big thing I'm not convinced about is the performance. I've only put 500 miles on it, so I'm sure it will get better as it gets fully run in and the miles go on, but it just doesn't feel like a 2 litre diesel. Ok, in deference to the running in schedule, I've not been giving it full accelerator yet, but where is the low down diesel torque? - there is just nothing there between 2-3000 rpm. My old Volvo V50 2 litre would have left it for dead, even the wife's 1.6 Peugeot 207 would easily match it.

Before I go rushing back to the dealer, have any other 2.0 dci owners any comments, particularly in terms of whether performance (and maybe economy with it)  notably improves with mileage? And before anyone asks, no I didn't test drive a 2 litre diesel before I bought, so more fool me, but I had tried one a couple of years ago, and didn't note poor performance then as an issue.

Thanks!
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 2:48pm
Put your foot down...

Power band is anywhere between 1500 to 300rpm on just about every diesel.

Seriously, floor it in 2nd or 3rd - it will soon tell you if there is soemthing wrong. You think if you take it in the garage they will not put the engine through a 'test'?!

I pick my new one up next week...and the first thing I am going to do is 'drive it like a normal car'. Gone are the days of running in...

Oh and welcome Smile

Edited by hamish - 10áJuná2011 at 2:49pm
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 2:58pm
I'll add....the worst thing you can do to a diesel engine is be kind to it.
Frimleyboy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frimleyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 3:05pm
Unfortunately there is a running in requirement in the manual, and while I'm sure you have a point about running in modern engines, I'm not prepared to compromise my warranty by failing to follow the process laid out. When I get to 1000 miles, then I'll experiment.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 3:16pm
Ok then.

Then ask the question again when you are past 1000 miles. If you are worried at only 500 miles on the clock, then take it to the dealer.

HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 4:52pm
Hi and welcome Frimleyboy Smile
Would do as hamish says, got my 1st diesel 1.5dci last Sept, did take it easy at 1st then started driving if it was an older car, mpg has went up quite a bit since I 1st got it from 30mpg to over 40mpg have now done over 7,790 miles mostly short runs and a handfull of 100+ miles. Give it a bit of welly.... It will thank you for it...Thumbs Up
HarryG View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by hamish hamish wrote:

Put your foot down...

Power band is anywhere between 1500 to 300rpm on just about every diesel.

Seriously, floor it in 2nd or 3rd - it will soon tell you if there is soemthing wrong. You think if you take it in the garage they will not put the engine through a 'test'?!

I pick my new one up next week...and the first thing I am going to do is 'drive it like a normal car'. Gone are the days of running in...

Oh and welcome Smile
Hamish
Is that when decelerating better correct it before the teacher comes in. 1500 -300rpm LOL
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 5:03pm
Did spot that HarryG....spoil sport.....LOL
Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 5:51pm
Yeah, I have the 2l diesel and I have to say the low down torque is poor for the size of the engine. But, it has tons of power up at the top of the range, way more than other diesels I've driven.
If you need to go, you have to rev it high then every time you change up you're back in the power band.
I've basically ended up driving it like I stole it......
N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 6:52pm
Ah, well spotted Harry...ooops, correction: 3k.

hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 7:13pm
Well the specs of the 2.0dci is the same torque as my Volvo D5 at 320nm at 2k...which is the same as my Citroen at 320nm at 2k.

SO torque levels should be and pull power should be the same.

The QQ weighs less than my Citroen but more than the D5 (and therefore more than the V50). Now when I came from my D5 to my Citroen it seemed as slow as a snail...but I still ahd the mindset of power levels from the Volvo. In fact it was very much the same...it was the lugging the extra weight which caused the sense of being slow.

It may just be perception at such an early stage....until you get used to the bulk of the car.

SO give it time....
HarryG View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by HarryN-TEC HarryN-TEC wrote:

Did spot that HarryG....spoil sport.....LOL

Well we dont want to give Mr. Cowps any ammunition do we. LOL
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 7:32pm
More entertaining when you do....LOL
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 8:34pm
I have no need to make such corrections when my unwitting apprentices are doing my dark work for me!

Besides Hamish, CF and myself have a bond of simulated brotherhood, meaning they have protection from darkness..
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 8:46pm
Does that mean you all sleep with the light onLOL
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 9:06pm
Got to read a chapter of Noddy first.....
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by mohawk mohawk wrote:

Does that mean you all sleep with the light onLOL

But not together....unless Affamn is stalking with a subway!
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 9:12pm
Doesn't matter where you go tonight Affman everywhere and he not even on.....LOL
mandiskem View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Juggler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiskem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2011 at 10:38pm
u dont need light on  if u eaten ya carrots when u was younger ur suppose to see in the dark LOL
proud owner of a nissan qashqai acenta premium 1.5dci ink blue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic