UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

New DRL's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New DRL's
    Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 1:30pm
Good afternoon all,

Just had these delivered today...

Not official Nissan supplied but will be getting them checked out before I have them fitted.  Luckily my Dad is an electrician by trade so he'll be checking them out to make sure all ok and then we can look to fit them tomorrow.

Thought give them a try as was under £70 to get them and they'll fit perfectly at the front.  I'll update tomorrow when hopefully got them fitted.

Thanks, Richard...
2013 360 1.5dCi Gun Metallic
Add-ons
Genuine: Mudflaps, Space Saver and Cross Bars.
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 11:21am
Had a try fitting these myself, however getting into the bumper area was a nightmare and I only managed to remove half of what was needed to get to where I needed to...  Needless to say, its now gone to my local garage this morning and having them fit in by the same place that fitted my side steps...

So come this afternoon at least they'll be on, I've asked him to do the option where instead of the DRL switching off when side/main come on they dim instead (depends on how wired in ill to off or dimmed)...

Hopefully I'll get some pictures up later...

Thanks, Richard...
Add-ons
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 11:39pm
All fitted without any issues today, just been out to take some photos of how they are...

I went with the option of having them dim when the side/main come on rather than just turn off..

First picture without side/main lights on...

Second picture with side lights on...

As you can see from the picture of the front lawn, the LED's are brighter when on their own...

Well impressed as they fit into the same space as the 'official' DRL and I've been able to get them and fitted for a third of the cost for just the official Nissan DRL set...
Add-ons
oldmanyoung View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 10:08am
Any daylight photos?
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 3:51pm
These are photos I've taken earlier today...

001 - Side/Main Off - DRL Off

002 - Side/Main Off - DRL On

003 - Side/Main Off - DRL On (Side View)

004 - Side/Main On - DRL On (Side View)

Add-ons
Damon NTEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon NTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:21am
On the off chance did you get these fitted in London?
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:17pm
Hi,

I got them fitted at a local garage to me in Chorley (in Lancashire)...  However I got them ordered off aliexpress.com and though a bit concerned as imported, wasn't stung for any import tax and so far passed two MOT's (MOT's down at Nissan Dealership) without any concerns...

Thanks...
Add-ons
Damon NTEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon NTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:39pm
Price wise, how much do you think is reasonable to pay to get these fitted?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic