UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

New front tyres

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qqowner78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New front tyres
    Posted: 23áFebá2016 at 11:41pm
Need to replace both front tyres 215/55R18 V 99 and I'm not sure what to go for.
Will be either Continental premium 2 or Michelin primacy 3.
Have conti's on the back but nankang on the front at the moment that came with the car.
Do a lot of driving for work (200/250 miles a day) 
Anyone had the Michelin and could give some feedback would be great.
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2016 at 4:22pm
Personal choice I would stat with Contis -----unless Michelin decide to extend the range of CrossClimate tyres.
Very happy with the Contis in summer and the Michelins in winter.

Brian
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2016 at 5:39pm
I would stick with the Conti's also.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2016 at 4:13am
Just looking on Black Circles, and the Michelin Primacy 3 actually look like the better tyre. Better fuel and wet weather performance and less road noise.

Edited by cantfindausername - 13áAprá2016 at 4:13am
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2016 at 6:56am
The one thing I like about the continental premium 2 is the decent rim protector that the tyre has.
Now for me that's a selling point, however we don't do 200 miles a month in the qashqai.
With your mileage I think you will be the ideal person to give us feedback on the Michelins in a few weeks time.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2016 at 10:16am
I would stick with the continentals myself , found them to be very good in the past ....
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2016 at 10:41am
The Michelin look to have good run protection too on the pic I saw. It be interested to know how they fair in terms of wear rates against the conti's.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic