Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai 2014 - > Qashqai 2014
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

New generation Wind deflectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New generation Wind deflectors
    Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:38pm
Got them installed today. Here are the pics as requested in the other thread.

Edited by Kenobi - 29 Apr 2014 at 12:41pm
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 12:52pm
Nice job! :)
blackhawkf1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawkf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 1:29pm
Look good.

Strange question, but can you take a picture from inside to show how much you can see through them, I had some on my 2012 car, but were the solid black versions.

Now not having them, I didn't realise how much of the view they 'stole'.

gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 5:32pm
They look really nice.
As Blackhawk says, nice that they are translucent black as well....
I tried the Black ones and they were bad for vision.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 7:03pm
Picture from the inside as requested, the deflectors are just slightly toned

jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 7:11pm
Ordered a set yesterday for delivery tomorrow, much better set up than the Heko ones as they stick to the outer frame and not inside the window which can cause window closing problems, and possible wind noise if not seated correctly.
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 8:16pm
I usually don't like wind deflectors, but they look great - do they work?
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by anth anth wrote:

I usually don't like wind deflectors, but they look great - do they work?
I'll post a reply when they are fitted. What makes them look good is the adhesive part is chromed to match the window lines of the car and there is a Qashqai logo on the front ones, you can just about see it on the photo's top left hand side of the drivers door. And of course a genuine Nissan part so should be covered by a sort of warranty if fitted correctly
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
blackhawkf1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhawkf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 8:43pm
Thanks for the picture. They are so much better then the ones I had.

I'm beginning to think I want wind deflectors!!

I said to myself once i swapped to the new shape that I wouldn't get them again - not so sure now.

I think wind deflector are great, if it is raining and you want to have the window open you can still open it a few inches for fresh air, and not get wet!!  Also quite good from my experience when the window is open fully, its not such strong draft into the car.

anth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 9:16pm
Hmm thanks for the replies, does anyone know how much they are.. approximately of course?
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 9:57pm
Now £99 plus £8 postage on ebay from Dssira Group PLC

Link:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Qashqai-2014-Side-Door-Wind-Deflectors-Set-of-4-New-Genuine-KE8004E010-/121280221916?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3cdd52dc
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 10:23pm
1.2 DIG-T Tekna storm white...
AKA x x x x " Tek-Kong " x x x x
mavrik64 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavrik64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 6:45pm
and they just stick on?
do you have to have the chrome strip?
i owe, i owe, so off to work i go | 2014 1.6dCi Tekna 4x4 in Pearl Black
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by mavrik64 mavrik64 wrote:

and they just stick on?
do you have to have the chrome strip?

Yes and Yes.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 11:18pm
Look nice but I think I'd personally wait for Heko to release a set, I prefer them as they slot into the window channel & will be at least half the price
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
keefnet View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 12:02am
I had some channel ones on my Audi but the windows wouldn't close fully and caused a bit of wind noise. Nog bad but I did end up taking them out as it did bother me.
My concern for these that stick on the door chrome strip would be how much more proud they make that area such that they either look funny close up and/or catch the weather from above.
I'm very tempted though. I agree that around £105 delivered is a bit pricey but if they look pukka and don't create wind noise, I might just get some to add to my stock pile of goodies yet to see the light of day
Gun metal Tekna 1.5 DCi - crossover pack, plus chrome bling, bonnet protector,wind deflectors, twin-horn upgrade, AcesDVD auto-closing Mirror Kit, and retro fit mirror override :-)
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

Look nice but I think I'd personally wait for Heko to release a set, I prefer them as they slot into the window channel & will be at least half the price
I had Heko ones on my Yeti and had to take them off as there was a lot of wind noise and the windows would often hit them and come back down again. Another Yeti forum member had one of the stainless steel clips fall out and it went into the inners of his door and needed full door card removal to retrieve. The QQ ones arrived today, I am waiting for some dry weather, the do look very professional and of high quality
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 11:38pm
Had the  Heko ones on several cars including 2 QQs & never a problem, probably not fitting them rightWinkBig smile
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

Had the  Heko ones on several cars including 2 QQs & never a problem, probably not fitting them rightWinkBig smile
Maybe it's a quirk with the Yeti body shape/windows I know they were fitted ok as I took them out 3 times and refitted just to be sure. All I know is that a few Yeti owners removed them very quickly due to wind noise, look at comments on their forum. Perhaps the QQ has more inner window rubber or better profile, if they work fair enough, they are cheaper, but they do not look as good as the genuine Nissan parts
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 8:25pm
I agree with the not fitting right comment,

My parents have just changed their car to an IX35, I fitted some Heko ones and they felt like they didn't fit as well as the QQ ones do.

I was right, while driving along my niece opened one of the rear windows and the deflector flew off!

We've had to buy a new pair for the rear cos they couldn't find it.
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by andspenka andspenka wrote:

I agree with the not fitting right comment,

I was right, while driving along my niece opened one of the rear windows and the deflector flew off!

We've had to buy a new pair for the rear cos they couldn't find it.
---------------------------------------------------------------if you see a car riding around with a deflector on its windscreen trust me its yoursLOL----------------i like the look of the new ones for the 2014 model but would be put off by the stick on method.i have to say i have had the same heko ones on two qq cars and i love them,and had no problems.Thumbs Up
60 visia black,13 360 white,now 65 xtrail white,side and front bars,window deflectors,mats,rear break light sticker,no qq club sticker.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:55pm
Yeah its the stick on part that put me off too. - oh & ridiculous price of courseSmile
keefnet View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 6:39pm
Kenobi - how are they holding out -- stuck fast and still looking good?
I am so very tempted.... just miffed that Glyn Hopkins that had then 10% of last week but I couldn't add them to basket, is not full price and can add to basket.... Same price if not a quid cheaper on ebay.... but might ring up other dealers to see if they'll discount them as not cheap around £108

Thanks bud'.
Gun metal Tekna 1.5 DCi - crossover pack, plus chrome bling, bonnet protector,wind deflectors, twin-horn upgrade, AcesDVD auto-closing Mirror Kit, and retro fit mirror override :-)
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 7:10pm
Hers is a photo of mine, they really cling on and work perfectly

Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 10:05pm
Yep, still holding on strong and I have washed the car a million times in an automated car wash without any sign that they will come loose. They give the car a kind of ' eye liner' to the windows that enhance its aerodynamic sleek look. Not only do they look good but the allow you to crack the windows open at high speed without rain or dust blowing in or even terrible wind noise.

Highly recommended .
keefnet View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 11:08pm
Ordered tonighf. Thanks kenobi, and Jon for the new pics.

Pics on mine to follow when I get them.
keefnet View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 11:12pm
Jon, how are the alloygators holding up? Scuffed yet or too careful to have really tested them yet?
Thanks. 
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by keefnet keefnet wrote:

Jon, how are the alloygators holding up? Scuffed yet or too careful to have really tested them yet?
Thanks. 
So far still as new as I have not had any scuffs (touch wood), but I have been practicing with the repair tool on the pieces of Gaytor they gave me when I had them fitted. I have rubbed these very hard against a concrete drive and them used the tool to reprofile, and it seems to work
nitromax View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 2:49pm
1.6dci 2013 Tekna, Gun metal Grey; Mud Flaps, Dual Supertone Red Grille Horns, Dashcam, Auto fold mirrors, Auto closing windows.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic