Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

New qashqai care

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New qashqai care
    Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 7:32am
Hello everyone,

As everyone will soon be getting (if not already) their new qashqai's, my mind has turned to car paint car.
I am asking the dealer to not touch my cars exterior when they receive it as I want to do it myself rather than risk initial damage.

This is a list of what I'm planning to do;

Snow foam car
Rinse
Wash using two bucket method with grit guards
Rinse and dry
A round of iron x and tar x
Rinse
Clay if required
Wash again and dry
Apply chemical guys ez glaze
Apply chemical guys extreme top coat
Apply gtechniq to windows
Seal wheels and dress tyres
Apply chemical guys bare bones to arches etc

What's the opinions on this, have I missed anything out or is this OTT ?

Many thanks

Stretch
Previous car E92 M3, current car 2014 Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna gun metallic. Website http://www.loronblackphotography.co.uk
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 7:57am
I'm knackered just reading it. Do you want to come do mine.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
stretchos View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:06am
Hahaha I know but it can be quite therapeutic and when it's done it looks awesome and it's protected. Venus is a long way to go though!
Previous car E92 M3, current car 2014 Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna gun metallic. Website http://www.loronblackphotography.co.uk
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:22am
Which product you listed seals it.... ex-glaze, or extreme top coat

sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:26am
If doing it yourself I would recommend that you still clay as new cars still have loads of carp on them.
I did it the lazy mans way and paid a detailer
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
stretchos View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:29am
Extreme top coat is the sealant, yeah I'll test to see how the paint feels after tar x and iron x application if still bad then ill clay
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:36am
Missed out the gtechniq clear vision (other products are available ).
Just re-read and it's included in your list!.

Edited by sandman - 28áFebá2014 at 8:37am
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
stretchos View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:38am
Yeah it's a matter of choice as is different products but just don't want to miss anything
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:53am
I purchased the lazy man/ woman kit. Meguiars smooth surface clay kit.

Nice soft fluffy cloth...( got tons of e-cloths)

Quick retailer spray

Small cleaner wax.

And a clay bar.

Will get some seal stuff

There my lazy kit.
Tiff
stretchos View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:56am
Hahaha it's all down preference and time prepared to invest, the above will probably take me 4-5 hours
stretchos View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 5:23pm
Don't think iv left any important steps out unless anyone can think of anything?
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 5:32pm
a pre rinse is always a good idea before foaming , foaming is fun but not as good as a pre cleanser at removing grime Wink

this time of year you would be better with a nano sealent like wolfs or gtech c1, much better at helping the rain and dirt slide straight off 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
stretchos View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretchos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 5:46pm
Thanks Craigfishin are they easy to apply?
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 6:24pm
SO! I need a nano sealant to go with my lazy man kit
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 6:45pm
I bought my token for the jet wash, that's the lazy mans kit!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by PR07HET PR07HET wrote:

I bought my token for the jet wash, that's the lazy mans kit!
-----------------------------------------or even lazier,take it to the romanionsLOLyou only have to drive then,no need to get out of car eitherBig smile
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2014 at 8:25pm
Lol

Nanos are easy to apply , just follow the instruction or YouTube vids first
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áMará2014 at 10:47pm
With Craigfishin`s and CQQ`s advice this is my 12 monthly regime:-
Rinse
Pre-wash  valet pro citrus pre wash
Rinse
Snow foam car with Chemical Guys no-touch
Rinse
A round of iron x and tar x
Rinse
Wheels cleaned with Autobrite very cherry wheel cleaner
rinse
wheels polished with Autobrite cherry glaze and waxed with Collinite 845
Wash using two bucket method with Chemical Guys Glossworkz
Rinse and dry
Medium Clay 
Wash again and dry
IPA wipe down
Wax Dodo juice Supernatural hybrid, now replacing this stage with clean down Serious Performance Ultra-Gloss paint cleanser.
Clean all glass with Stardrops glass cleaner {89p poundstretcher}
Polish all glass Auto gleam glass polish
Seal all paint with Gtechniq C2V3, replacing this stage with  Serious Performance Ultra-Gloss Nano-Seal
At this stage the next day I would give it a good wipe over with Sonax BSD, now replaced with A good going over with Ultra-Gloss carnauba wax.
Rub down till soooooo shiny
OOOh nearly forgot all exterior trim CQ quartz D-lux , when my gtechniq T1 runs out

SEE Craigs it is catching LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
I can give it up,
Stop any time me 
SmileSmileSmile
Ps all the products are my choice..

Edited by Mart1965 - 08áMará2014 at 6:10pm
2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
gerry123 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerry123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áMará2014 at 1:47pm
god!! so the old bucket and sponge are out for washing your new car??
jsajeba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jsajeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áAprá2014 at 1:49pm
is there a possibility to speak much more simpler because I didn't even understand a thing and since it is the first time i am owing a new car i wish to take batter care of it.
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áAprá2014 at 3:07pm
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áAprá2014 at 5:31pm
Aaaaaah, reminds me of similar threads going around a year ago....
I'm still shining
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
camel View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áMayá2018 at 4:28pm
Reading various posts on Water in the boot, well if it is any help I had this problem at the weekend , after drying out the boot I have been waiting for rain and today we had some , I inspected the boot and found that the water was dripping in under the back of the near side there are four raised bits of body work and water was dripping in there, but it must be coming from somewhere so on closer inspection I found the  rubber cable for the lights that are on the tailgate was slightly perished on the top side and pulling it back there was some slight rust there so I resealed it with silicone so now it is wait and see,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic