UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

New shape

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New shape
    Posted: 19áOctá2015 at 12:44pm
Is it just me but I prefer the shape of the old Model to the new one maybe it's because I own one?
But when time comes to change I wouldn't automatically choose the new QQ not sure about the
1.2 engines either I have two pals that own a note and a pulsar with these engines and at first
They were waxing lyrical about them but now a couple months on moaning about no power
When overtaking./Fuel consumption which leads me to think if I change it will have to be the 1.6
Either petrol/diesel.

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2015 at 12:49pm
I love the new shape... Clamshell bonnet lol looks cool.
As or the engine. It's needs driving correctly to get the power to overtake.

Don't the other engines you mentioned have Turbo's
Tiff

Edited by Tiffany - 19áOctá2015 at 12:56pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
ctrollen View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctrollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2015 at 1:27pm
In my experience you can have the power to overtake or have good fuel consumption, but not both!
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium, Nightshade
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2015 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ctrollen ctrollen wrote:

In my experience you can have the power to overtake or have good fuel consumption, but not both!

Oh yes I agree, but I'm not in "overtake" mode all the time
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2015 at 4:41pm
Plenty of power with the 1.2 Turbo, it kicks out 115 bhp which will give good acceleration, keeping up if not better than most cars, if you use your gears correctly and ensure the turbo kicks in. The diesels may have more torque but not necessarily the acceleration to match the petrol one, but you can keep in gears longer.
If you need to boy race most of the time, go for the 1.6 T petrol, 163 bhp will get you away from the traffic lights pretty nifty.

Can't agree with you in any respect that the older model looks better, inside or out.
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2015 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Picasso Picasso wrote:

Is it just me but I prefer the shape of the old Model to the new one maybe it's because I own one?
But when time comes to change I wouldn't automatically choose the new QQ not sure about the
1.2 engines either I have two pals that own a note and a pulsar with these engines and at first
They were waxing lyrical about them but now a couple months on moaning about no power
When overtaking./Fuel consumption which leads me to think if I change it will have to be the 1.6
Either petrol/diesel.

I have to disagree on everything you say my friend.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2015 at 1:28am
Engines not necessarily comparable on different models of car as theyre probably mapped differently to suit each model.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2015 at 9:14am
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

Engines not necessarily comparable on different models of car as theyre probably mapped differently to suit each model.
Very true, I have noticed the new Renault Kadjar with the same 1.2T engine throws out 130 bhp, so your mapping theory is spot on. It's a shame the QQ did not tune the engine to the same spec'n.
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áOctá2015 at 12:07am
Same with the 1.5dci in the Megane rated at 136bhp - that was a few years ago when I got my 1st QQ though
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic