FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

New XTrail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New XTrail
    Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 10:33pm
Thought I'd have a peek at the +2 replacement in our new Nissan dealer less than 1.5 miles from my house....
First off I had 3 salesman and all the technicians come out and admire my QQ+2 with one saying he could sell it tomorrow ... Yea... usual salesman bull5hit, but he probably could....😄😄😄
They were most impressed with the Auto Close mirrors and Windows and said that they had been asked by buyers where they might purchase some so I pointed him to this site and ACE DVDs so Dave might have a bit more business coming his way but I'm not after commission.....😉
Although very similar there were a few differences I noted to the QQ. The sides on the XTrail haven't got the new Panal Ridge side line and would say the sides are more like the +2 being smoother. The one I looked at was the Tekna and the X trail did have the Air Con Vents in the back where the QQ did not.
I'm glad that they have got rid of the nasty Pewter Inserts on the Tekna Wheels and though a different design have obviously taken note of the Wheel voting thread on here and kept them more in keeping with the much better Onyx wheels of the NTec.
That was the other thing, you can get an NTec in the XTrail but not on the QQ.....
There is more head area in the rear most seats as I tried them out and at 6'4" I could JUST sit in them without my head nearly being snapped off at a 90 degree angle like in my +2..... But hey only the Kids ever go in them.
The XTrail deffo seemed wider than my +2 and did seem overall a bigger more sumptuous car.
I only went in to have a look but the usual over enthusiastic salesman had my +2 priced up and was looking into finance deals.
Mine having 26900 on the clock and being 3.5 years old was worth to them 12K tops.

Now the XTrail bad points (IMO)
28K for the NTec with Met paint and 30K for the Tekna......

The Engine choices IMO are Cr4p!!!
They only do this car with Max engine size of the new 1.6 Diesel which gives a pathetic 0-60 in 10.5 seconds (nearly a second slower than my +2) !!!!!!!!
Ok, I know it's a large XOver but I would still like to pull away from the lights faster than a granny in a 1.8 Zafira.....
As I've said before, the Santa Fe we hired out at work was extremely quick and torquey, even with 5 large blokes in!.... The salesman said that. Nissan were influenced by the government and European guidelines to bring down emissions etc......Yea....their still making the GTR though.....Just the choice of a bigger engine would be nice.

All in all a nice looking Car and would of seriously thought about purchasing in a few years, but not without an engine that can match the size of the Car that warrants that sort of price Tag.....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 10:50pm
Thanks Affman, from ntec boy here with the Pewter wheels😀.

The cost of the xtrail prices me out of the sector now. Providing Nissan haven't thrown it together with substandard parts, they may have a good car. 😉

Edited by John C S - 05 Aug 2014 at 10:55pm
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 10:52pm
Had a brief sniff around one at my dealer at the weekend.
Like the auto closing tailgate but it's just a QQ on steroids for the price.
Much prefer my QQ
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 11:18pm
I still love mine and next to other cars it stands out a mile. it's still got low mileage so I shall be keeping it for a good while.
It's all a bit weird as the Facelift came out 4 years ago and I was heavily into it along with CF and a load of us. Now a newer one has finally come out you just can't get the same enthusiasm if you haven't got one....😄
Even Frankie has indulged in a new one....😳....and he had one of the originals .... 😄😄😄

PS..sorry to here about the wheels JohnCS.......😒😄😄

Edited by Affman - 05 Aug 2014 at 11:19pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 11:27pm
Must admit I prefer the overall look of the new X Trail to the new QQ. They've just kept the original spec names, Visia, Acenta, n-tec & Tekna - whether  these will change later I dont know. Other engines will come, preferably with a decent petrol engine as next time I'm going to have to change to that due to low mileage & dpfs (only done 2300 mile in current 14 month old 1.5 +2 & feel I'm tempting fate with the dpf - though prob not done enough miles to clog it upLOL , we give it a blast down they motorway every couple of weeks to give it a clean out) I'd just want the 5 seat version for the boot space as at least with the X Trail you get a choice of 5 or 7 with the same size car. I must admit the Merc B-Class & Ford C-Max or Grand C-Max will be contenders again this time though - assuming the models available at the time of changing are on par with the current models.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

I still love mine and next to other cars it stands out a mile. it's still got low mileage so I shall be keeping it for a good while.
It's all a bit weird as the Facelift came out 4 years ago and I was heavily into it along with CF and a load of us. Now a newer one has finally come out you just can't get the same enthusiasm if you haven't got one....😄
Even Frankie has indulged in a new one....😳....and he had one of the originals .... 😄😄😄

PS..sorry to here about the wheels JohnCS.......😒😄😄

Agree entirely Aff, not that fussed about the 2014 QQ & of course as I forgot to put above another option would be to keep the +2 for another couple of yearsThumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 9:17am
On the price - is that for a manual 1.6?  If so sounds the same as a QQ Confused......................

QQ4 (if I ever get it) will be £3k more than QQ3 was Cry.

However, half of that would be down to the fact it is a dirty dirty diesel not a nice clean petrol and the other half is down to the fact it is a new model (premium attached and development costs) plus all the additional technology at my little fingertips.  Bargain I reckon.

Anyway, that's how I am convincing myself to shell out LOL

Now shoot me down.

(disclaimer: the above data is approximate and has come straight out of my 62 year old head and as yet cannot be verified)

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 11:16am
OK - been for a walk out of the office, down through the gardens (scent of wet pine trees - ahhh Tongue) down one side of the pier, back up the other side then up the cliff side using God knows how many steps Dead.

Head now clear even if the rest of me is knackered Dead Dead.

Configured an equivalent X-trail to QQ4 and it is £4k more Shocked.

However I could have Haptic Blue paint (I like that colour) and cream leather interior (lightens up my QQ3 nicely) Tongue.

So Why TF can't I have that on  QQ4? Angry

Edited by G5 BOY - 06 Aug 2014 at 11:17am
Vonsarge View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vonsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 3:36pm
G5 BOY, your mention of cream leather interior would have been my choice, if offered. I do wonder why Nissan gave only one colour for the QQ leather.
Vonsarge. 1.5 DCI Tekna Ink Blue
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 4:35pm
Dont forget you get an opening panoramic roof & an auto electric opening & closing tailgate on the X TrailBig smile
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 6:03pm
I'm more worried about G5 having a heart attack with all that walking....

At least the Altzeimers ain't set in yet......
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 6:06pm

Oh and thought I'd mention.      .........     . .......     
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 9:54am
Blimey - that's rich coming from you Mr Afftopic LOL.

Big project that will fill 2 months has been delayed for a week after I created a gap for it Angry hence I am idle and bored, hence I am going even further off topic................

I really wanted to like the Mokka and fancied one until I sat in it Dead.  Just configured one of those as close as I can to QQ4 and it's the same £ Shocked.  On the plus side Vauxhall will always knock lumps off the price and have the lifetime warranty.  On the minus side I still don't like it.

Stand by for more off topic hijacking of Affman's thread Evil Smile and just you very dare delete me Affers Wink.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 7:38pm
I'd never delete the forum Grandad!!......I have respect for my elders, even if they do like listening to Glen Miller are rather passionate about Jazz and Jiving and used to fancy Shirley Temple as a child star when they were 12.......

.......... G5
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 9:02am
Bless you young 'un Big smile.

Back on topic for a quickie...................Got my weekly comic yesterday (aka Auto Express).

Review of 2014 X-Trail - gets 3 stars out of 5 Confused.

Previous review of 2014 Qashqai gave it 4 stars out of 5 Tongue.

Qashqai on their fleet is so popular loads of staff have been driving and loving it.  The main user gives it 5 stars out of 5 in this week's issue TongueTongue.

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 9:23am
Oy affers, there's Nowt wrong with Glen Miller
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 4:23pm
Sorry Tiff, forgot that was 90s picture on your Avatar....😉
I did like Jimmy Stuart in the Film though, bet you fancied him in the 50s.....😆
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 4:43pm
That pic is 3 years old ya bu99er
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 5:18pm
Yeah the reviews of the X-Trail havent been that great but a lot of the negativity comes from old die hard fans who resent the fact that it has lost its boxy off roader look and also that is more of an all rounder now what with being available in 2wd as well as 4wd.
Anybody know where its made as a matter of intrest (to save me  go lookingLOL). I presume somewhere in Europe.

Edited by ericos - 08 Aug 2014 at 5:20pm
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 6:22pm
i thought that it looks a bit like the murano?  that nissan was selling a few years back  you know the oversize QQ body shell.
white renault kadjar , 1.5d. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!! now Nissan hasbeen 2,
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 7:14pm
Saw one on the road today with garage plates on, brown/rust colour and it looks big! QQ on steroids.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic