UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Breakdown with RAC Enquiry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwright1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Breakdown with RAC Enquiry
    Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 12:39pm
Hi. I have a question about the Nissan Breakdown cover I have with my new Qashqai. It says 'powered by RAC' so do I get an RAC login or policy number so I can register with them? I would rather use something like the RAC app on my phone rather than phoning Nissan if I break down (although with a new Qashqai, the chances are slim). 

I only got the new Qashqai N-Connecta 2 days ago, so just wondered if I am expecting an email or letter welcoming me to the RAC?

Cheers, Adam.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 3:41pm
I have serviced my car for the last 6 years with Nissan, but never received any paperwork from RAC.  Never broken down either, fortunately Thumbs Up 
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 5:21pm
When my battery died the other day I went onto Nissan cared4 website and got the Nissan Breakdown number... Which was answered by the RAC who only needed to know my car registration number to proceed.
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
Dave R View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dave R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 6:16pm
I didn't get any paperwork from the RAC just the Nissan Assist card with the telephone number which is the RAC. They just ask for your name and registration number. I too used it recently for the first time on my 2016 N Connecta when I had a flat battery. The RAC replaced the battery there and then. All under the warranty.
adamwright1989 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwright1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 11:36am
Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated. I suppose there is no harm in just phoning up Nissan Assist if I ever need them. I wanted to use the RAC mobile app you see, but you can only log in with an account and policy number. I see the You+Nissan app has an Assist section with phone number and your current location coordinates. 

I usually pay for the AA which is like £80-100 a year each December. I guess I can cancel this now. Thumbs Up
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 11:55am
I don't know if this still applies but a few years ago I got new car with breakdown included, rang and cancelled by AA membership, and they explained they would hold the balance of my years membership until I required it again.

Never went back to reclaim it.
Brian
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 8:56pm
Breakdown cover with Nissan is only the basic RAC package I believe. No relay
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwright1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

Breakdown cover with Nissan is only the basic RAC package I believe. No relay

Oh really? I thought Nissan Assist was good cover in UK, Europe and even near your home? 

I don't really want to keep paying the AA if I already have cover.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 9:07am
You also get 12 months RAC cover free with every Nissan service, at least at Westway Nissan dealerships.  Although I got no paperwork or anything telling me this after the last service so I had to ring them back to confirm that yes I am still covered for another 12 months.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwright1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:14pm
I just received a reply from the RAC with regards to Nissan cover. 

Unfortunately, as your membership is a corporate cover with your dealership, we wouldn't send out RAC membership cards.  The Nissan dealer should have provided you with your policy documents for breakdown cover along with the breakdown telephone numbers.

If you do find yourself in a breakdown situation, please quote your vehicle registration number and we will send a patrol out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for the responses on here guys, much appreciated. 
GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:13pm
All Nissan dealers provide 12 months Breakdown cover (via RAC) at each annual service; helps offset the high service cost!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic