UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Care Extended Warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Care Extended Warranty
    Posted: 19áFebá2017 at 9:09pm
Hi all

The warranty on my QQ is up soon, I've been quoted ú400 a year to extend the warranty.
So is it worth it d owe think? Anyone used the service before?

Aiden
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áFebá2017 at 2:16pm
I've had extended warranty for the last 2 years on my 2012 Tekna.  The car has been so reliable I haven't had the need to use it yet so unable to comment.  Having said that its cost me ú800 for nothing in return.......other than the peace of mind that its there. 

You only need to look at the stupid prices they quote for basic repairs/replacements to appreciate its worth. 

The warranty is also transferable if you sell the QQ on. 

Edited by Doug999 - 20áFebá2017 at 2:17pm
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áFebá2017 at 5:22pm
I get warranty renewed each year by having it serviced at a main dealership.
Mainly found at an office chair these days
Ayaankash View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayaankash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áMará2017 at 10:50pm
Hi PRO7HET
Can you elobrate a bit more on how does getting serviced at the dealers extend the warranty.
My warranty is due up for renewal in April and nissan have sent a quote just under ú40 a month .which IMHO is expensive.
I have a 6 plate 2012 ntech plus.is ir worth getting the extended warranty cover.
thanks in advance
Ayaan
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áMará2017 at 12:36pm
I think prophet has mixed up his warranty cover with his breakdown cover.  Nissan offer 12 months breakdown cover with each annual service, but the Nissan extended warranty is ú399/yr.
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áMará2017 at 8:33pm
Spot on Doug999
We've decided not to go with the warranty as I'm handy with a spanner, so fingers crossed things will be ok.
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
Ayaankash View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayaankash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áMará2017 at 11:51pm
This was my initial guess aswell.
Many thanks for the responses Dough999 and Gollum.
Can I ask which model are you driving at the moment Gollum
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áMará2017 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Gollum Gollum wrote:

Spot on Doug999
We've decided not to go with the warranty as I'm handy with a spanner, so fingers crossed things will be ok.

Gollum - before the QQ I serviced and maintained all my previous motors.  Unfortunately modern cars have all basic functions managed by the ECU and is a bit of a minefield.  My QQ Haynes manual only goes so far AngryAngry

Gone are the days where individual components could be easily purchased.  eg my son's QQ suffered a ball joint failure on his wipers.  Years ago, the balljoint replacement would cost a few bob and could be fixed with a few simple tools. Nissan don't sell individual ball joints any more, only the full wiper mechanism at ú300 a pop. 

chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áMará2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

I think prophet has mixed up his warranty cover with his breakdown cover.  Nissan offer 12 months breakdown cover with each annual service, but the Nissan extended warranty is ú399/yr.

ú399, that's interesting info.

I've just traded in my 2nd QQ for a 2.5 year old QQ ntec+ which came with the standard 12 months Cared4 warranty, but I upgraded to an additional 12 months for ú249.  Was going to wait and probably just extend it nearer the time, but ú249 seemed a good price to add it on now.   24 months Nissan warranty on a 2.5 year old car is quite a good deal I think.  Especially now I see it would have been ú399 if I waited a year.

Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2017 at 6:06pm
Nissan offer 2 classes of warranty Ultimate & Premium - The Ultimate offers the max cover and costs ú399.  Dont know how much less is the Premium. 
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2017 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Ayaankash Ayaankash wrote:

This was my initial guess aswell.
Many thanks for the responses Dough999 and Gollum.
Can I ask which model are you driving at the moment Gollum

A 2013 360 1.5 diesel 
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2017 at 7:25pm
Mine has 60k and has just flew through its 5th service and mot. Only issue was a leak in transmission cooler (cvt) last year which cost ú800 to replace and fit new one. So I suppose you pay your money and take your choice.
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2017 at 8:48am
Originally posted by ..QQ.. ..QQ.. wrote:

Mine has 60k and has just flew through its 5th service and mot. Only issue was a leak in transmission cooler (cvt) last year which cost ú800 to replace and fit new one. So I suppose you pay your money and take your choice.

Indeed.  All insurance is a rip-off if you don't claim, but who wants to claim? Confused

If I keep QQ4 after 3 years my only big concern would be the CVT.  Megga ú if you get a serious fail, so I would probably take the extended warranty.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2017 at 10:35am
It's a gamble.... plan is to get a new QQ in 2018... hopefully a hybrid will be available by then
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
Ayaankash View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayaankash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2017 at 6:19pm
My one is manual
And haven't had much trouble other than changing the turbo pipe which was covered.
had to get the software update twice as the cruise control stopped working after the first update.
It has been running very smooth since.
On another note when should I get the timing belt done.

53000 on the clock and it is will be 5 years old in October.

Many thanks for all the inputs.

AYaan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic