UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Connect (again)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKxx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Connect (again)
    Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:56pm
Hi,

I read on this forum that it is possible to replace a standard QQ stereo with a SatNav system (Nissan Connect, is it?). I have a QQ+2 58-reg with a stereo like on the image below.

I went to a Nissan dealer today and asked them whether it was possible to replace it - the answer was the firm NO. I do not think they are right... Are they?
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:01pm
It certainly is, plenty have done it, I sure somebody who has will give you all the necessary infoThumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:04pm
It's possible. There are other 3rd Party systems around that will also retro-fit. Some people will prefer those to the connect, so i'd look into those as well. Sony do a few, so do Blaupunkt.
AKxx70 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKxx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 12:30am
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 1:36pm
I think that Juke/Note systems will work, but the buttons for the steering column may not work as expected. Also if the system comes from a bose-equipped car the sound may not work as intended (I think).

Be aware that a fair number of the Nissan Connect systems turning up second hand have turned out to be nicked - so exercise caution when purchasing.

Also - don't forget there are other options. Everyone is different, but if my car hadn't come with Connect i'd probably not bother. I'd buy myself a decent Tom Tom navigation system and a double-din Stereo from someone like Alpine or Clarion and the converter bezel and cables. It would cost more - but it would be streets ahead in every important respect.

I can't say i'm desperately impressed with my Connect system. It tries to be all-thing-to-all-people on a very low budget, and it really doesn't quite pull it off.
markdotjames View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markdotjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 2:13pm
I fitted a Kenwood DNX5220BT into my QQ ( i can show pics if you like) they are now quite cheap to buy for example a simple ebay check - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kenwood-Sat-nav-unit-dnx5220bt-with-full-wiring-and-bluetooth-/180939707942?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a20d8d626

around £100 - it has DVD playback, Garmin Satnav, Cd and MP3 playback, IPOD/Iphone Connectivity, Reversing camera FM Radio, it works great and i am pleased with it, i have had it a number of years and travels from car to car very well, you may want to spend a little more and find a newer model but at least you can move it if and when you sell the car, the connect will be left in the Nissan when you sell it !

Edited by markdotjames - 02 Aug 2012 at 2:14pm
Black 2L Auto Tekna on an 09 Plate, Bent end side bars, Door Sills, Dog Guard, Tow Bar, Reversing Camera, "Thingy Holder", AcesDvd Folding Door Mirrors.
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 4:34pm
OOooh.

100 you say?

:-)
AKxx70 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKxx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 11:59pm

Originally posted by 2Fat2Bald 2Fat2Bald wrote:

I think that Juke/Note systems will work, but the buttons for the steering column may not work as expected. Also if the system comes from a bose-equipped car the sound may not work as intended (I think).

How can I tell if the unit is for Qashqai or for Juke or Note? The seller says it is a Qashqai unit in the advert title and mentions Juke and Note in brackets. Do they have different product codes ?

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2012 at 5:55am
Yeh ,what is the number of the unit in question ?
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
AKxx70 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKxx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 3:55pm

Just got that info from the seller - it is  

Bosch Part No. 7 612 830 022 & nissan Part No. 25915BH10C

Googling for the Nissan Part No.  tells that this is actually a Blaupunkt unit.

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 4:11pm
Yes thats a qq unit
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
AKxx70 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKxx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 10:59pm
Cheers!
billyboy1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyboy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 6:20pm
hi akkx70 i fitted a sat nav connect unit about 8 months ago with the help of craigfishin. if you can get the correct connect model its easy and a great system to have in your qashqai.billyboy
AKxx70 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKxx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 12:52pm

Thanks!

I am looking for one as my current extrenal Garmin sat nav unit is playing up a bit - the map freezez and a factory reset is the only remedy. Just need to save up a bit. Smile

qqkiwi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qqkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 10:01am
Hi Mark - I have just bought an 09 Acentia and a DNX5260BT. I'm researching which wiring harness to buy and a bit confused as there seem to be a few different options to choose from plus more than one cable if you want to get the steering wheel controls working.
Could you tell me which harness you used to connect yours and if the steering wheel controls work?
Also were you able to connect the Qashqai's factory hands free microphone to the DNX?
Did you need to buy a fascia adapter kit or does it just slot straight in?
Have you seen any problems since fitting it?
Apologies for the barrage of questions. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

CYBOPOB View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CYBOPOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 5:01pm
Harness is available on eBay from Nissan Romford, But please reed below to avoid damaging your Connect unit:

With a help of this forum i have managed to replace my 6CD unit with Connect. Fitted reverse camera. All works a treat. Bought 2 mic harnesses to rebuilt one for the camera connection, and another one as a donor for the pins. The only problem i had was a dealing with Nissan. one of the 2 cables was wired incorrectly (this i have only discovered when took connect unit for repair). tried one harness; everything works. Blue screen came up when in reverse (it was good harness). Than used diagrams and pictures from this forum i have took out pins from one harness (the one i have tested in the car) and fitted them where required for camera connection in to the cable that was still packaged. Connected the camera, fitted the harness and no blue screen, no microphone...

Checked an end of the harness i rebuilt for the camera connection against the second dismantled harness and pictures on the forum and figured i have done everything correctly. Than i blamed my self for possible shortcut in the process.
So i went on and bought second Connect unit. As far as i was concerned the rebuilt cable is 100% correct, so disconnected the camera, and connected the second unit. But still no blue screen , and no mic. though mic on original 6CD changer was working fine.
 I thought i have damaged a cable when playing around with the pins. So ordered another 3rd harness from Nissan Romford on eBay.
Connected 3rd harness to both Connect units and still no blue screen , no mic.
this time i went to Leyton Glyn Hopkins. They did not find a fault and recommended the audio shop in Romford they use for all their audio repairs.
It took a verry knowledgeable guy half a day to work out the problem. And the problem was in the harness.
The end that connects to the Quashqai's loop wires are wired 180 degrees around. This makes the reverse power to send 12V to the mic chip in the Connect unit. guy in the repair shop showed me the pictures of the burnt part inside the connect.
i have paid for the repair £250. gone on to speak to Nissan Romford where i have bought the harnesses just to hear that i should send my Connect unit for a guaranty repair. Does he know why people buy this harness?
i was asking Nissan Romford to compensate me a £100. But 3 weeks later they do not reply.I have opened case on eBay. waiting for outcome.

Qashqai Accenta 2.0 Petrol
CYBOPOB View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CYBOPOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 5:04pm
It goes straight in with harness for the Mic. make sure you do not get connect taken out the Note or Micra. Steering controls will be wrong.

i have spare USB lead and GPS areal if you need it. Let me know.
Thanks.
Qashqai Accenta 2.0 Petrol
marek View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:08pm
Hello,
My name is Marek and I have problem with reverse camera on my NiSSAN QASQAI 2010.When I go to reverse mode display on radio change mode for parking .I mean that after that color of display is blue with parking line,but it is all.When I have checked voltage close to camera and there is only 6V it is correct? the same value is on back of radio .//violet wire//

thank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic