Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Connect - Download Phonebook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Connect - Download Phonebook
    Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:28pm
Hi everyone,

just a few problems with my phonebook feature on the connect.

I cant get it to download my phonebook from the mobile anymore?

i realised it needed updated when some of my contacts were missing, so went to "phone" and then "download phonebook" and it just freezes on "downloading phonebook"

I deleted the phone and unpaired on my mobile, and then connected it up as a brand new phone, and it still wont download, stuck on the message for over 15 mins !

Any advice? Is it because my contacts are no longer on the phone or sim, but rather im using google sync, but technically it is still on the phone? or is it?
Brand New Nissan Qashqai 2012 !

Love it !
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:48pm
i think they need to be on the sim iirc
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

i think they need to be on the sim iirc

Will give a try later today !

Love it !
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 8:09pm
My contacts are stored on my phone and they work fine, 

One thing to check is your phone settings, I have mine set to only use the phone contacts and not the sim card. If yours is set on both that could be why the connect is struggling, just a thought.
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:57pm
Mine are stored in Google - not the phone or Sim and it picks them up fine.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 5:18pm
Right, transferred them to my sim, and deleted everything else everywhere else, and still does not work, will keep trying. probally just a bug?

Love it !
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by gadget gadget wrote:

Mine are also synced from our companys MS Exchange server to the phone so not physically on it. Connect works like charm.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Downtime Downtime wrote:

Originally posted by gadget gadget wrote:

Mine are also synced from our companys MS Exchange server to the phone so not physically on it. Connect works like charm.

iphone has the MS Exchange too.... as you say, works great!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 6:51pm
Right real problems now, tried in SIM and phone still nothing, tried deleting the pair and pairing newly, still nothing, even reset the system in options and still wont download !

NExt thing try a different phone just in case?

Love it !
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Saraj Saraj wrote:

Right real problems now, tried in SIM and phone still nothing, tried deleting the pair and pairing newly, still nothing, even reset the system in options and still wont download !

NExt thing try a different phone just in case?

And you have rebooted your phone right?

What's your phone model? I presume it's an Android device.
elyl View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 6:58pm
What type of phone have you got?
2009 1.5dci n-tec, black, connect, panoramic roof, automirrors
qashqaiman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 8:45pm
had the same thing on mine but would not download all the contacts only downloaded 15 out of 60 contacts tried everything then later phone packed up they sent me another and this one downloads all contacts perfect
2011 qashqai tekna 1.6 dci black. with chrome fog light surrounds front & rear.sidebars.number plate surrounds door sill guards.
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 10:15pm
Thanks for the replies.

I have a LG 2x P990, not tried rebooting it, did reboot it recently, but maybe another reboot is in order.

Yes its an andriod

Love it !
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Saraj Saraj wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

I have a LG 2x P990, not tried rebooting it, did reboot it recently, but maybe another reboot is in order.

Yes its an andriod

I had a similar problem with my previous phone Samsung Galaxy S. It would not download the phonebook no matter what I tried.

I got it working by resetting the Connect system and resetting the phone. Then everything was ok and it did not do it since that.

Does it ask for permission to access the phonebook on your phone? There should be the message on the info bar about it.

Oh and never got the manual download to work with Galaxy S. I just paired it, allowed the phonebook access and then just drove around and after some time the phonebook was downloaded to the connect system.

Edited by Downtime - 11 Jan 2013 at 5:04am
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 8:26pm
nice one  will give it a try !

Love it !
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 4:50pm
Nice one guys, works a treat, full reset of phone and connect at same time, and works perfectly.

Love it !
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 4:52pm
Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic