UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Connect FM Radio signal/antenna problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Connect FM Radio signal/antenna problem
    Posted: 04áJulá2017 at 3:32pm
A good year or more ago my Connect started crashing if Bluetooth was active (previously discussed here), so I have been using the AUX socket instead.

The latest problem is that it can hardly pick up any stations, and even then they're quite noisy. In rural areas I am lucky to get any signals at all!

I tried disconnecting the antenna and the signal disappeared, so there must be continuity from the radio to the antenna.

Does anyone know if the antenna is active, i.e amplified, so is there an amplifier that needs power or something?

thanks

Edited by speculatrix - 04áJulá2017 at 3:47pm
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJulá2017 at 4:57pm
A bit more googling and I found this:

http://www.jukeforums.com/forum/nissan-juke-general-discussion/121425-horrible-fm-radio-reception-3.html#post2061666

the person said that they had antenna problems and changed the module at the base of the aerial, and the part number had changed to 28208-1JU1B and suggested that Nissan discovered the old version was known to fail and thus produced a new part.

when I looked up that part, there's a wiring diagram which implied the antenna is active, so there must be power. checking a fuse diagram
http://fusesdiagram.com/nissan/fuses-and-relay-nissan-qashqai.html
there's two fuses, F12 and F20 for audio, so I will look at those.

2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic