UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Connect Screen not responding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stevenhall4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Connect Screen not responding
    Posted: 28áSepá2015 at 7:49pm
I have just spent 2 days pondering over an issue with my Nissan Connect touch screen.  I read a number of blogs and learnt a few things about my car that I didnt know but eventually I got to the bottom of it with some help from my local nissan dealer, so I thought I would share this with everyone to save them the trouble.

Everytime I pressed on the touch screen it took about 60 seconds to respond, and sometimes when it did respond it sometimes highlighted the wrong button. 

In the end the fix was easy...it turns out that dust can get stuck around the edge of the screen, this makes the screen think you are pushing in two places at once.

To fix this all I needed to do was get the corner of a credit card and slide it between the screen and the surround (only push it in about 0.5cm so you dont damage it), then run it around the edge.  This cleans all the dust from the edge of the screen. Hey presto...works like a dream again :)
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2015 at 6:00am
Oh you have been a mucky kid
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Nicklfc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicklfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2017 at 5:42pm
Stephen my friend, you are a LEGEND 👍😀😃😁😆👍
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic