Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Connect Unlock Code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Connect Unlock Code
    Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 3:55pm
OK Guys, don't shoot me down in flames! LOL

I've just bought a Connect unit off ebay without a code (or rather the code I was given doesn't work).

Does anyone know how to get hold of the code for one of these without going to a dealer?

Here are some photos of the labels on the unit.

It came with the USB/Jack Plug socket for the centre console but no USB cable. I think they're about 70 to buy, but I'm thinking of soldering a couple of RJ45 cables to the USB socket and the usb connector on the unit and just using an RJ45 coupler inbetween.  It's just 8 wires anyway and both ends are numbered 1-8.

I've also got a GPS antenna with the unit but it doesn't have the blue connector (as on the connect) but rather a squarish Grey connector, I'm thing of butchering the grey connector to make it fit.

I'm replacing the 6CD head I've got in my 2009 QQ Acentia, I think I need the microphone adaptor cable but until I get the code there's not much point in doing anything else.

Any help would be appriciated.

Edited by rayhertford - 08 Mar 2013 at 4:16pm
rayhertford View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 4:02pm

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 4:13pm
Here are some photos of the GPS Antenna that came with the connect. It looks like a genuine one but doesn't have the blue "Roundish" connector but a squarish grey one, I'm thinking of cutting it about to make it fit. What do you think?

Also showing the rear of the USB Socket connector with the 8 pins I'm thinking of soldering RJ45 cables to, unless one of you guys has a USB cable you might want to sell to me?

GPS Antenna, has the correct bracket fitting bracket to locate in a QQ, do you think this will this work with my Connect Head?

Rear of USB Socket for Glove Box (ignore the cable in the photo), note the pins numbered 1-8, think of soldering an RJ45 Cat 5 wire between this & the Connect Head.

"Square" Grey GPS Antenna plug not Blue "roundish" type.

Edited by rayhertford - 08 Mar 2013 at 4:18pm
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 7:45pm
You could ask your local Nissan dealers - but it's usually written in the manual for the car. If you don't have that then I don't know how anyone could help you.

montyb43 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyb43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 8:21pm
Did you get a roof ariel with it by any chance & seller from Sundeeland? thats probably the 1 I was bidding on (& winning till the last minute) well done, got yourself a right bargain there...even if the unit won't work, you can always resell the USB & GPS & get your money back, USB is 20-30 alone.
I'd thought about using cat5 cable as well on the USB.
you can try these places to get the code:
http://www.unlockforum.com/showthread.php/67455-Nissan-Connect-Unlock-Code - I think there was where the seller told me he got the code from
or http://www.radiocodes.co.uk/nissan-radio-codes?gclid=CKCQ8rz47bUCFUvHtAodWGIAoA - but you have to pay, I think its about 25
cheers

or found this one which is cheaper (10) - http://www.radio-code.co.uk/nissan-radio-codes.html
for both they need the serial no (starting CM) & the Bosch part no, starting 7 6

cheers

Edited by montyb43 - 08 Mar 2013 at 8:29pm
2010 1.6i Acenta Nightshade
2015 1.2 N-Tec Bronze
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 10:44pm
Hi Monty

Yep, I think it's the same one. It came with standard Note Roof aerial and cable, a GPS Antenna with the wrong type of connection (square not round) and the USB socket but no USB cable.

I've got a couple of other codes to try but I have to wait an hour between codes for the unit to clear before entering a new code.

Craig's checked the part number and says it a "latest" version of the QQ Connect unit, so if I can get it working I'll be real chuffed!

Thanks for the info on the other code sites, I may well have to try them.

Cheers
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 5:23pm
Hi All

A bit of an update for you all.

None of the codes that are in the public domain or the "common" codes that are offered by the various "web based" code unlock companies (at between 8.99 to 25) worked.

In the end, I found a company in Paignton, Devon, who were able to find the code, but I had to sent the unit to them.  They're not particulary cheap at 61 (inc VAT & delivery back), but they did unlock the unit very promptly. 

When they recover the code, they also register the VIN number of the receipaint car so that it can be programmed into the head unit. I had to send a copy of my V5 document to them, so that they could do this.

One thing that I found that was interesting, when you enter an incorrect code for three attempts the unit "locks" for an hour, you can then try three more attempts.  If these three attempts are incorrect, it then locks out for another hour, and then for another hour, and so on etc. etc.

I read on this forum somewhere, that you can carry on entering these code attempts "for ever", but DND say that the unit will only allow a certain number of incorrect attempts (I don't know how many), after that number has been reached, the unit will totally lock up for good, and can only be "unlocked" by a Nissan dealership. They state the following:-

WARNING!

This radio has a very limited number of code entry attempts. If the display shows "Incorrect PIN Entered too many times - System is now Locked - Contact your Nissan Dealer" then then all of your code entry attempts may have been used up, and it is now GAME OVER as we cannot currently recover it from this state.

Here's the URL for the web site for anyone else who needs a unit unlocking.

http://www.dndservices.co.uk/product.php?productid=6851&cat=0&page=1

So, I'm just waiting to get the unit back so I can fit it in my QQ! Smile

So far, including all the postage costs I've incurred, and the purchase of a 2011 SD Map Card & the Nissan Microphone adaptor cable, the unit has cost me 179.  TBH, I'm OK with that 'cos the head unit I bought is the latest version (no, not "THE" new style type), unit for a QQ, I don't reckon it's that old at all.

I'll let you know when I receive it back and what happens when I install it. Hopefully it will all work fine. Smile

Ray

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 6:06pm
still an excellent deal then Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 6:26pm
I hope so Craig!

I'll keep you posted!

BTW, do you (or anyone else), know if you can copy the map data off a new Nissan SD card to an older one? Or can you update the data on your connect unit from a new SD card and then put the old one back in? Anyone know what them happens?

Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

still an excellent deal then Thumbs Up
ovation99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovation99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 11:06am
Ray,
I've tried various means to copy the data from one card to another (Windows 7) and no joy.
I may be wrong but I think it may be in Linux format and therefore the normal Windows actions don't work.
Like you, I updated by buying the latest version and sold the 2010/2011 version on Ebay
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium Bronze 14 plate
December 2015 Tekna 1.2 Dig-T Ink Blue
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 5:29pm
All - Another progress update!

The Good News:-

OK I got the head unit back from the decoders and the unit works fine, plays CD Discs, MP3 Discs. Pairs up nicely via Bluetooth with my iPhone and the microphone adaptor cable from Nissan means it works a treat and the volume and track up & Down works the correct way (not back to front like other people have experienced).  I had a USB socket supplied with the unit but not the USB cable that runs from the Head End to the contre console glove box posistion. The Nissan price for this cable is 80 + VAT!  That's a bit too expensive for me, so I cut the ends of an old RJ45 computer cable I had at about 4" long. I then soldered the 4 pairs of wires onto the individual pins in the sockets, numbered 1-8, inside the head end and the the USB connector.  'twas a bit fiddly but I have a small tipped soldering iron.

I then used a couple of RJ45 couplers on the RJ45 plug which now comes from the head end and the arm rest console socket end. I then ran a standard 1Metre RJ45 cable between the two ends and now have a fully working USB and phono socket in my centre console arm rest, which I find is  really neat!  I've tested the USB connection with my 160GB iPod, and the head end recognises it straight away as "Ray's iPod". I've also tested the AUX input socket using a jack plug connection from another MP3 player and that works fine too! 

Total cabling costs 0 as the couplers and RJ45 cables were old ones I had from work.

NOW THE BAD NEWS

The GPS Antenna that came with the unit (Marked Nissan P/N CODE 28212-3NF0B NISSAN CONTINENTAL A2C00725300 (Manufactured 26-07-12) had a Grey Square connecter with a visable round GPS type plug inside it.  My head end has a blue round, tapered type socket.  I cut the grey plastic plug off and tried to make the round plug, which was left fit the socket in my head unit, but it still wouldn't fit as the white round insulator was too big a diameter. I tried to trim this down but still couldn't get it to fit the blue socket in my head unit.

I don't know what to try next. The GPS antena has a very long cable on it, I was thinking of cutting it back shorter and try to buy from Maplins or somewhere, a smaller diameter plug and crimp it on to the small co-ax cable.

Can anyone tell me if this Antenna will work with a connect unit?

Does anyone know how to get into the Connect hidden set-up area to see if it can recognise any attached GPS antena? I've also got an old Tom Tom GPS Antenna could that work with the Connect?

Many thanks
montyb43 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyb43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 3:31pm
Hi Ray,
just been catching up on your thread,
sorry the code sites didn't workout, but good news on the other firm sorting it, I wonder if there are other firms like them around, closer to home!
I like your solution for the USB, why don't Bosch just use RJ45 connector anyway

I'm still on the look out for a unit!!
I've had a quick look on the parts site I found: http://nissan-europe.epc-data.com/qashqai/j10e/707-k9k/body_electrical/280/
looks like the GPS aerial for the QQ starts with 25975M, hope that helps.
cheers
2015 1.2 N-Tec Bronze
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 1:12pm
Hi Monty

Thanks for the reply. I bought a brand new GPS antenna off eBay for 6.99 delivered!

I plugged it in and it works a treat so I'm all up and running now. 

I also found a bloke who makes the USB cables, with the correct connectors for only 22, although my RJ45 solution works fine and cost me 0!

So, I'm fully operational now and really like the connect unit. It's a shame the screen isn't a little larger but the iPod support & interface is excellant, probably the best I've ever come accross.

BTW, when I select reverse the screen goes "blank black" as if it's selecting a video input from a reversimg camera. Does anyone know how to get this working? Is there another connector that utilises some of the unused pins on the rear for a video input?
montyb43 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montyb43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 5:18pm
Hi Ray,
excellent news, could you post a link to for the GPS aerial for us (just in case the unit i eventually buy doesn't have one.
is the USB seller decodesrus12?

regarding rear camera, I found an image on the Russain version of the parts site that at least tells you what you need (for some reason the UK site doesn't have the line drawings!!):
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=c_xWUZarBYKyhAet3IHwDA&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgps%2Baerial%2B25975BB50A%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D941%26as_qdr%3Dall&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ru&u=nissan-europe.epcdata.ru/qashqai/j10e/711-m9r/body_electrical/280/&usg=ALkJrhhSsl73-Y2aoqBLzSkQOZlaaSD-lA
scroll down to find the correct image.

Not sure if the wiring harness,etc are already included in the car, there is a thread somewhere on the site where one member was doing some in car investigations, not sure how far he got though.
the other week I did see someone selling a wireless rear view camera with a Connect unit, that might be worth looking into.

I noticed on the Russian Qashqai forum there is someone selling units all the time, had an  image of about 6 stacked on top of each other...obviously difference ways over there!!!
regards

2015 1.2 N-Tec Bronze
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 8:57am
Hi Monty

Here's the ebay link for the 6.99 GPS Antenna, just plug it in and it works a treat!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200902640579?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Yes, you have the correct seller for the 22 USB cable.

Thanks for the video stuff, haven't had a chance to look at it yet but will do so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic