UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Connect - Your own maps in nissan nav

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prosinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Connect - Your own maps in nissan nav
    Posted: 28áMará2010 at 11:12pm
Is there a way to load your own maps into nissan connect?
anteg View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áMará2010 at 11:36pm
Don't know about designing your own map, but you should be able to get a newer version of the map installed via the SD card whenever Nissan/Garmin release it
Bye bye Nightshade 2.0 Petrol Tekna Squashy+2, Hello Magnetic Red 1.6 Diesel Squashy+2
prosinski View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prosinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áMará2010 at 6:09pm
You didnt understand me.
I mean, i would like to load difrentmap instad of this preinstaled Nissan Connect one.
Becouse in my country it simply dont work as well as in the West European countries.
anteg View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áMará2010 at 1:43am
OK I understand, unfortunately it looks like the only maps that will work on the connect system are Nissan's own map. This is supposed to be updated every year, so hopefully they will sort out the problems with your area.

I have been keeping an eye on other forums to see if there is any way to edit the current data but I haven't found anything yet. A couple of people said that it looks a lot like Garmin data, so there is a chance a garmin map (SD card) may work, but I think you would have to add or delete a file for the connect system to recognise it.

If you are going to do a major hack on the system it uses windows CE, but I wouldn't do it unless you know exactly what you are doing & probably best to work on a copy rather than your original card
Bye bye Nightshade 2.0 Petrol Tekna Squashy+2, Hello Magnetic Red 1.6 Diesel Squashy+2
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2010 at 11:35pm
Ah! If it's windows based, that could be useful. When I get my car delivered I will see if it can run igo 8. Do you actually get to see the operating system? For example the Windows Start logo or a file structure? The program may be Garmin but the maps are probably supplied by either Tele Atlas or Navteq (or Top Map for east European type countries like Hungary and Poland etc.). If the Connect did run like a pocket PC you should be able to install TomTom, igo8 and various other better running programs (in my opinion Igo 8, and the previous igo2006. is the best). I have been using GPS navigation since 2001. I'll hjav eto wait and see what I can run on the nissan connect. On a new car now I expect to get 2009 Q4 (4th Quarter) maps. As 2010 not released yet and usually dated 5-6 months behind, for example 2009 Q4 were only released in May 2010, for my hand held anyway. I read, with dismay, that Nissan update yearly at a speculative ú300. I'll be looking at the dates on my connect maps when I pick the car up. If they are more than 9 months old I will not be driving away in the new QQ unless they promise to get newer maps. It's not just the maps, programs get updated and improved and functionality made better too.
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2010 at 9:37pm
No operating system shows on my apart from the nissan boot loader screen..
Think they are navteq maps based in garmin format.

Would love to be able to access the O/S, would also be nice to see who the manufacturers are.. maybe can find a boot disk or fimrware upgrade to allow more attributes like VCD/DVD/TV etc like some of the other Din 2 format units..
2010 QQ n-tec 1.5DCi Nightshade, Perfect Car!!

NOW with Solar Ashtray, Wind deflectors and Chrome door Handles. Oh and the club sticker!
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2010 at 9:44pm
yeh i would love dvd capability on the connect Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 6:39am
I hope that one day a ROM (Read Only Memory)  cooker  buys a new QQ and wants to cook a ROM that will still keep all current functions (mobile, navigation, music, camera etc) but allow access to Operating System. Especially if it is really a windows based system. We need to get info about the device/manufacturer. If anyone here goes to manufacturers exhibitions and conventions (like electronic fairs, car show, entertainment, electronic shows CES etc etc) and see this device being touted, grab their data sheet/CD that they distribute to generate business or interest. I want to see which sequence on buttons are held to enter setup or flash mode etc. There is better navigation software out there. T&C not withstanding of course.
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 10:29am
Have to Agree GSX600FMAN
The Connect unit was designed between Nissan and Bosch according bosch's site, but gives no further details :(

I agree it would be nice to have some cooked Roms out there, same as for some mobile phones.. Wink

I change mine every 6 months or so, just for additional features

NOW with Solar Ashtray, Wind deflectors and Chrome door Handles. Oh and the club sticker!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 10:31am
any joy with the icons sabre
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 10:36am
lol craig, drop the revs, speed cam ahead..

Not been out of bed 30 mins yet.. just having the first coffee and waiting for my pills to kick in, then will go try and see what happens.. will report back within the next 1 hour.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 10:58am
LOL cheers barry no rush finish your coffee LOL

ps have you tried them yet LOL
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 11:39am
LOL craig

Ok, have been out for a short run where there are both known and warned Fixed, mobile, red light and traffic light Cams..

All the same Unhappy  only the text screen, no icon.

just been poking through the SD card to see what's there, seems like the Connect may well run on linux  rather than windows.. based on the info pulled from the nav SD card. Uses cryptnav .

Think looking at this, unless we get some really good progammers, I'll be looking to replace the connect with another unit.

Barry.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 11:44am
oh well thanks for trying ,must be someone out there that can sort this out
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 12:00pm
No Probs, but not looking that hopeful right now, nothing being said on any of the nav/tech/black engineering forums either 

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2010 at 12:41pm
no i know ive been searching for 4 months
daved View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJuná2010 at 4:02pm
Craig,
Been trying for days, loaded icons on the one i sent you but sh*t all happened. Will keep on looking.
The last i got was April 2010 and copy and paste took me ages.
Alanc
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJuná2010 at 4:17pm
we will get there in the end i hope ,if not there are rumours that the new nissan map update (not out for a while)is going to have speed cameras on it and should show icons as all other built in poi's on the connect do ,so we will see
Robot1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJuná2010 at 10:48pm
Hi
I e-mailed Nissan tec support, about the ossible up dates to the 2008 maps, in a 2010 QQ, this is the reply:- { not a lot a use}Cry
REF: 1-1JD0IU
Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding your Nissan QASHQAI.

The first update for the Nissan connect system is due later this year.  There is currently no confirmed price or date.

I hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, or if you would like to arrange a test drive, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 08457 669966. .
Yours Sincerely,
Paddy Fegan
Nissan Customer Service GB
Opening Hours Mon - Fri: 08.00 - 20.00, Sat: 10.00 - 16.00
Tel: 08457 669966
Robot 1
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJuná2010 at 12:04am
well at least there onto it i suppose , about time Thumbs Up
Robot1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJuná2010 at 2:49pm

Just e-mailed nissans back to say how disappointed,Cry I was with a 2010 QQ, with out of date software, saying that all 2010 owns should be considered for a free upgrade of the software when it become available,,,, worth a try,Clap,,  I will keep you postedLOL

Robot 1
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJuná2010 at 4:20pm
right on m8
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJuná2010 at 5:15pm
yes - 2010 is 2010, or it was last time I looked.

It's always worth a try - thanks Thumbs Up

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJuná2010 at 5:27pm
Apart from Acknowledgment of my e-mail no even had a reply from them yet about the 2008 map.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJuná2010 at 9:37pm
I would guess that Nissan have little say in the navigation issue. Their top men would have struck a deal with a navigation supplier. Niether your dealer or nissan will have any control over the supply or upgrades of the maps or navigation program, Their hands are tied. You are always better off with a stand alone navigation solution where we can deal directly with the map supplier (teleatlas or navteq for the UK anyway) or the program developer/supplier. In my case I have Pocket PC's and mobile phone running Windows with the NavNgo igo8 and I buy the maps when I really think that I need to update, I get the free program updates with improved features or speed it up. I subscribe to pocket GPS for the speed camera downloads for UK & europe and paid for the one time license to use TMC. I will be finding a home for it in the QQ and not use the connect except in emergency. Currently using HTC's HD2 with active brodit holder. A very fast and powerful navigator (1Ghz in a mobile phone). You will find it prohibitively expensive to update your dedicated car systems whereas I get entire europe for  Ç75  (now at Ç65 as 2010 Quarter 1 maps will soon be released). You can then get up to 4 updates in the follow 12 months from purchase. Not a DVD once a year for ú300. Someone will cook a ROM to Flash the connect in time, eventually. When I get mine you may heard more.
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJuná2010 at 9:50pm
Very true GSX. I regret selling my TomTom Go730 now..Unhappy
But I do have the HTC TyTN 2, just no GPS/SatNav software on it.. prob is requires the use of the SD card slot for the nav software, which I use for other programs etc.
But dedicated is always cheaper to maintain than Inbuilt.. used to get my 4 maps per year and all the speed cam updates weekly etc for under ú100/year with the TomTom.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2010 at 5:22am
I would suggest that you look at igo8 at NavNgo.com http://navngo.com/pages/global/eng/igo_8_description Initially difficult to buy in the UK, I bought mine from Budapest (try  http://www.easydevices.co.uk/sp/searchbox13/NavNGo.html , but map updates available over internet from  https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/catalog?salesPackageCode=10057&view=item&priceListCode=4520997974220237  Even if you don't like the look of it you can change that by adding a 'skin' I use Dimka skins. Do a search on igo8 skins and see the variety of settings and options you have access to in iGO8.
Robot1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2010 at 10:32am

Sorry GSX not sure from your post, is that the software to load into the cars connect system, or is it a individual device .

Had a reply back from the Gods at Nissan HQ,,, fobbed off as expected,Angry however they asked for my vehicles chassis number !!!! LOL

Letĺs see what they come back with now!

Robot 1
SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2010 at 11:57am
Again GSX, prob is uses the SD card slot which I use for other programs.. Unhappy

But thanks for the suggestion, I actually have a copy of igo, but like the nissan connect, it has to be on their SD card or will not work. Thumbs Down

SabreWolf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabreWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2010 at 11:58am
Robot1 sorry that was in response to my post about the HTC phone for sat nav, and does not apply to the Connect.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2010 at 8:36pm
The igo8 is the program on the micro (mini and sd card adapter supplied). But if you desperately want other programs on it you can just make space by deleting (or storing on home pc) the maps that you are not presently needing. For example you would, in this country, just leave uk map installed (about 110Mb). That would give you a minimum of 1ŻGb space. But if you're going abroad, for example, I'm off to Spain soon and have loaded UK, France, Belgium, Andorra and Spain. This will only be of use to QQ owners when the connect gets a cooked ROM to make it into a usable windows mobile type O/S. Which could be quite hard to still keep radio, phone, rear camera and multimedia function working correctly too.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2010 at 11:13pm
Got my QQ+2 yesterday. Used today to go to Milton Keynes, Corby and Bedford. The Navigator is better than first though. The SD card and the system are 2010. Though it is still annoying that nothing can be altered or changed, like voices speed camera warning etc. Filling the screen with text detail about cameras is of no use to read and obliterates view of road. I want to see an icon of a number and where on the road it is, like most other navigators. I've E-mailed Bosch. I have added UK speed camera data base and police stations as a test. I waas going to put mcDonalds in but they are already there. You just type in the POI near your location MCD and up pops a list in distance of all McDonald's or SWI enter for swimming pools etc etc. I tried PORN but nothing came up Cry.don't laugh too much, When I've put this in other navigation systems it gave me a list of brothels. I fact tomorrow I will type in BROTHEL enter and see what comes up (play on words again) LOL.
I need to find a way to replace text about cameras with a BMP of a speed sign. Hmmmm!

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 20áJulá2010 at 11:19pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2010 at 11:21pm
i have the images here on my pc just dont know what to do with them m8 lol
framey View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote framey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJulá2010 at 10:04pm
hey I went to nissan and kicked ass about my upgrade and got it for free 2 days later.
Give it a go selling out of date date is not good for buisness i told them
Framey
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áJulá2010 at 9:53am
Welcome framey Big smile.

Good for you Clap

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic