UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Nissan Qashqai News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan launch driverless tech on Qashqai in 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan launch driverless tech on Qashqai in 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan launch driverless tech on Qashqai in 2017
    Posted: 01áMará2016 at 4:36pm
Nissan will debut new 'Piloted Drive' autonomous technology in 2017, beginning with Qashqai crossover

Nissan is joining the trend for driverless car tech. At the Geneva Motor Show bosses confirmed a semi-autonomous "Piloted Drive' Qashqai will launch next year as part of a model facelift.

The Brit-built Qashqai will be equipped with Piloted Drive autonomous driving tech 'version 1.0' as of next year, forming part of a full model update with revised looks and new cabin tech. The system will allow autonomous driving in heavy traffic on motorways or A-roads.

For the time being, Piloted Drive 1.0 won't allow driverless lane changes like Tesla's system, but Nissan will launch "multiple-lane control" some time in the next four years. The brand is committed to offering the tech on "mainsteam, mass-market cars at affordable prices". 

The march for autonomy will see a full range of Nissan models with the tech installed by 2020. Alongside this announcement, the Japanese brand has showcased two new Premium Concept versions of the X-Trail and Qashqai.

The Nissan Premium Concept models get upmarket styling details such as carbon-fibre add-ons, 20-inch alloys and new grille designs. Nissan promises a wider scope for personalisation, although there's no production confirmation yet.

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áMará2016 at 5:10pm
Wow
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áMará2016 at 8:47pm
Wow indeed,it's the sort of tech that will filter it's way down to every car in a few years.
How 'facelift' will the quashai be?
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áMará2016 at 9:39pm
Wow? When this technology will be in the state, the first J11 Qashqais left the work in Sutherland (electronics faults galore...) I hope I won't sit in one...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áMará2017 at 1:11pm
Latest news.
   www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/2017-nissan-qashqai-facelift-revealed

Edited by ..QQ.. - 07áMará2017 at 1:12pm
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áAprá2017 at 5:04pm
There's a great video of a fully autonomous capable nissan here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRqNAhAe6c
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áAprá2017 at 9:24pm
But what's the point?   A qualified driver is still required to sit in the driver's seat.  All infra red and camera sensors are limited by rain/fog/mist so you will only see them driven 'hands free' when the sun shines.

It wasn't long ago we were told that the car would be obsolete because we would all be commuting by mini personal gyrocopters. 

Its another fad whereby big companies have scammed the govt by insisting 'its the future'.  Next thing we'll be told is the diesel engine is environment friendly......oops they've already tried  that one. Angry
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
toshman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2017 at 1:18pm
Viewed the new Qashqai at the weekend, it does not come equipped with the driverless tech as promoted at the motor show even on the so called Tekna + model which if you want the panoramic roof this is the model you have to go for as the Tekna does not include the panoramic roof. Another ploy to get more of your hard earned cash.
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAugá2017 at 8:30pm
I think at the moment it is just a glorified cruise control. You still have to keep hands on the steering wheel
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áAugá2017 at 10:55am
The complete driverless tech is coming soon apparently. Not for me - I still haven't had the b@lls to try the Park Assist yet 😂
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAugá2017 at 11:47am
Agreed I can't get park assist to work sensibly. Doesn't seem to recognise spaces, and on two occasions it has found one, it has tried to reverse me into a curb, and another time way off the bays white lines and into a tree. Dealership tells me it very complicated and takes a lot of practice!! I've used it on rental cars of other makes with no problems, and it seems quite useful, but if you can't rely on it to work.. anyway I don't fancy my autonomous QQ coming up against a convoy of three 60 ton autonomous lorries. I think i'd cover my eyes. Did I clean the sensors that morning?!
Tekna DCI110 Nightshade
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAugá2017 at 7:38pm
that's how do you turn a QQ into a micra
Flyyte View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áSepá2017 at 3:03pm
How brilliant. At a time when the repellent Uber is making out that 40,000 drivers will lose their livelihood because TfL is trying to close it down, here we have yet another hymn to technology that takes not the slightest account of an entirely foreseeable economic and social impact.

Let's go for it, a brave new world with less, not more, employment due to the thousands, if not millions, of jobs-for-drivers that no longer exist.

But perhaps they can all find work in a call centre, somewhere.
Qashqai Ascenta Premium 1.2 automatic 23/7/2015
Flyyte View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áSepá2017 at 3:13pm
Our local dealership tried it on with us at an "invited preview" of the new (eh?) QQ and a new steering wheel designed to entice Austin Allegro owners everywhere. (Admittedly, so small a market that it's impossible to see why they've bothered.)

We said, our much-loved Ascenta 1.2 auto comes with 16" wheels for a great ride; standard alloys which if damaged don't cost a fortune to be re-smoked; panoramic roof that's perfect for our needs; reversing camera, folding mirrors, front and rear parking sensors; privacy glass . . . etc etc.

Oh, said he.

You'll have to change to a different model now if you still want that configuration. And it'll cost more.

No, said we.

We don't have to change to anything. Except a different manufacturer.

What is it with these idiot manufacturers that they think their customers are all sheep to be herded this way and that? And what is it with dealerships that know they're facing an imminent crisis over (a) the drop in diesel sales and collapse in diesel residual values and (b) the crash in Personal Contract Purchase deals, a phenomenon that's already blasting the hell out of UK new car sales (though the SMMT is extremely careful not to mention that) and will continue to get worse?

Still and all: Nissan is looking at driverless car technology. Well, whoopee di yaaay!

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áSepá2017 at 7:44pm
Wow such negativity .

You buy or you don't buy - simples.

Baaaaaaaa
Flyyte View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áSepá2017 at 8:33pm
So sorry to offend your fragile sensibilities. But at least it gives you chance to scatter smilies everywhere. Do you often emulate sheep or is it a head cold? Patronising moron.
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áSepá2017 at 8:36pm
What will happen when driverless cars hit the motorways?

I assume they'd not be programmed to break the speed limit, so will all these 'drivers' now be happy being overtaken by all and sundry?

Will they use the outside lane and effectively block it for the rest of us by only doing 70?

Might they actually cause all of the traffic to behave better and be the death of speed cameras?

Who knows, but it'll sure be fun finding out.

2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áSepá2017 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Flyyte Flyyte wrote:

So sorry to offend your fragile sensibilities. But at least it gives you chance to scatter smilies everywhere. Do you often emulate sheep or is it a head cold? Patronising moron.

None taken.

speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áOctá2017 at 12:22pm
Autonomous vehicles are generally safer than humans, I'm eager for the revolution in transport that's coming. I genuinely think that it will transform society.

But there are dilemmas. How will the car computer chose whom to kill?

Edited by speculatrix - 19áOctá2017 at 1:30pm
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic