Topic ClosedNissan Plant Tour 13th Feb 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Plant Tour 13th Feb 2012
    Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 4:12pm

What a great day, very interesting and well done Craig (fishin) for arranging.

I am sure all the pictures that will be posted here with all the attendees comments will fill you in on a great day.

Thanks to Barry (the Qashqai host) and Gordon(?) the Juke host, they where very knowledgable and good humoured.

See you all in July at Wickstead.

EDIT , added by CF to main post

list of attendees from left to right those that i remember (please correct me if im wrong)

frank stretton
craigqq
cowpers
affman at the back 
hamish in front of affman
jacko
barry(the nissan guide)
tovarish 
w1zzer
craigfishin
fee 
pr07het (frankie)
mini mad paul and Karen 
bjtekna
drew (fees young lad)
greame (fees husband)
gsx600fman
rowland hull and his wife
and finally bjtekna's husband

couldnt ask for a nicer bunch of people 

Edited by Fee - 14 Feb 2012 at 2:36pm
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 4:56pm
What a great day it was - special thanks to CF and others who organised this. Here are a few pictures from the day..

Was great to meet fellow members and what a nice bunch they all are.

We started in the morning at the body shop where they press the metal...and during the day wound our way round the whole factory to being tested and ready for the dealers. We followed the Qashqai, Juke and Note. The Sunderland plant is huge.....

Oh and hot off the press - there is no date on the new Qashqai..that is secret, but we were told it is 'RADICAL'!!

hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 4:57pm
Here is the annoying Star wars trolley - self propelled and wound it's way around the factory....

We were told it changes it's tune to the dambusters sometimes LOL

Edited by Craigfishin - 23 Mar 2013 at 6:57pm
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 5:11pm
Whilst I'm waiting for some vids to upload...some facts from the day.

Currently they produce 480,000 vehicles a year. Their target this year is 500,000. Each station on the production line is based on 59 seconds....as that is the maximum time it takes to complete a task or tasks. For example 0 installing what we call the dashboard takes.........................2 seconds. Yes just two seconds Shocked

Fascinating to watch (other people working LOL) it all go together.

This has just uploaded...there are 780 robots in the factory and they all work in synch with each other...they are almost human...it's weird to watch.

Edited by Craigfishin - 23 Mar 2013 at 6:56pm
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 5:18pm
Looks like you had a fun day Smile
Shame I couldn't make it!
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by hamish hamish wrote:

For example 0 installing what we call the dashboard takes.........................2 seconds. Yes just two seconds Shocked

Wow 2  seconds to fit a dash and 780 robots bet it looked amazing,do they only build right hand drives there hamish

Edited by PR07HET - 14 Feb 2012 at 9:29am
BJTekna View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 5:46pm
We had a great day, many thanks to Craig for organising it all.  Also thanks to Hamish for the photos they are much better than my attempts.  It was good to see you all and admire your pride and joys, beautifully parked, (unlike my second attempt)!!!!LOL
Tekna 1.5 Dci Magnetic Red ordered 20 July, Del 23 Oct. 60 reg plate
28 March 13 Magnetic
Red 1.5 Dci Tekna 13 reg loving it!
Ink 1.6 Dci 4Wd Tekna, Ink on order Mar 15
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 6:40pm
Hahaha... nothing wrong with your parking dear Smile

They build right and left hand drive models. On the production lines in the body shop / paint shop there can be left or right hand drives, Jukes, QQ's and Notes following each other in no particular order. They then divert off to their own productions lines for assembly.

They tend to paint them in batches of colours to save time and costs.

Watching the robots working is amazing...humanoid. Gemma you would have loved it.

Just uploading another vid and this one shows two robots working on a Note. These robots actually take care of themselves and repair themselves. 

BJ Tekna, CF and Frankie got to go in a QQ at the end of a production line where they rolling road test it - engine brakes etc. Every engine is tested, Every car is soaked with high pressure water to check for leaks. The speed these cars move around is frightening...

Oh and for those that wonder about bedding in a new engine and why I don't and just drive it normal from day one...if you doubt that, then you need to visit the factory cos they rev the proverbial nuts off the engines. Prior to that each engine is also run before it is fitted to the car....

Good to see you too BJ....and get in touch about 'throbbing paintwork' (BJ knows what I mean) LOL Wink

Gemma good to see you here again..

Edited by PR07HET - 14 Feb 2012 at 9:30am
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:00pm
Another vid...one more to come and I'll let the others post their stuff. Only doing this first as I live just 5 mins from the factory .

Here are two robots doing the first welds on a Note basically the sides to the roof frame. These robots are self healing and look after and repair themselves..

Edited by Craigfishin - 23 Mar 2013 at 6:57pm
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:04pm
Hi... Thats us home now!!!!,

A huge thanks to CF who did a grand job organiing this for us all....Thank you Very much indeed..

Wee Drew is attempting to sort out his 600 photos from the factory and will post once he has sorted them all!!

A fabulous day was had by all...Thanks to Barry at Nissan for giving him a wee toy car as a gift!!

Fee xxx

Edited by Fee - 13 Feb 2012 at 7:05pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:09pm
Pleased you are all back safe Fee.

Don't let Drew forget Cowpers in the Hamster hat LOL
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:26pm
Last one from me..

Having realised my bad parking I pulled mine in to make a nice straight line Smile

Here is our Fee..

CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:27pm
Glad you had a great time Fee. Thats lovely that they gave little Drew a toy car. Bet he had an amazing day Thumbs Up
Qashqai +2 2010. 2.0 Tekna. Magnetic Red. Cream cow. 4wd CVT. Mud flaps and QQ mats. Chrome sill strips, Chrome side bars. Rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards 3rd QQ loving it
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:28pm

Nice to see everyone had a great time.

Did you see any red QQ's coming off the line or were they all  grey, black or silver  Wink

Edited by ..QQ.. - 13 Feb 2012 at 7:30pm
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:38pm
Thanks Caz!!

Nope, i dont recall seeing one red QQ, loads of red jukes though.......

Well they were mostly LhD drive cars and were mostly Black, Gun Metallic, Silver and loads of Caffe Latte, but someone will probably correct me but they paint cars in batches of the same colour in batches of 20, the ovens that bake the paint on take up to 50 at a time!,!

The varieties of wheels on the cars was staggering , there were loads of wheel types that i had never seen presumably for the foreign market...

Fee x

Edited by Fee - 13 Feb 2012 at 7:39pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:52pm
What time did CF & Co set off. Just wondering what time they are going to get home 
Qashqai +2 2010. 2.0 Tekna. Magnetic Red. Cream cow. 4wd CVT. Mud flaps and QQ mats. Chrome sill strips, Chrome side bars. Rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards 3rd QQ loving it
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:55pm
I've been following your tour all dayBig smile. I,m so glad you all had a brilliant timeThumbs Up
Wonder what the RADICAL changes to the QQ will beErmm.
That's making my brain ache (If i had one)LOL
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:57pm
We left at 315... They were still talking and getting organised when we left... CF reckoned it'd be Midnight before they got home... What a journey, they'll be shattered!!, No doubt Aff will post pics on the way up the road.......
Tovarish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 7:58pm
I'm not sure how to upload pictures direct from my phone so will post photos on Friday when I get home. I really enjoyed today met some great QQ & Juke owners. The walk around was amazing but very long and legs are really sore now but so worth it.
White 2014 Qashqai 1.2 Acenta
Grey 2014 Juke 1.5dci Tekna
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:12pm
Just got Back to mine..CFs got another Hour and half to his then Cowps and QQK picking their Cars up and another Hourish each for them to get home..Journeys Home always seem alot quicker than the way there, but only made one Stop..Thumbs Up
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:16pm
Thats not bad timing really Aff. Thought CF would be getting home a lot later. I do hope he wasn't speeding WinkWink
mini_mad_paul View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:21pm
CF followed me down the A1 for a while until I got bored going so slow. We both left at 3:40, I got home at 5:50 and was a really pretty drive over the Yorkshire Dales.

Was really nice to meet you all, Fee and Drew especially
Had a good chat waiting for everyone to arrive yesterday.
2009 Cayman Blue Qashqai 1.5 Tekna Avg 41.1mpg - Born: 15/05/2009 - Died: 31/05/2012
2012 Ford CMax 2.0D Titanium Powershift Avg 37.7mpg - Born: 01/06/2012 - Died: 31/05/2015
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:25pm
Yep I just got home as well about 8pm. At least our flight was on time today and arrived back in Southampton Airpot early early

I am knackered. How many miles did we walk today around that factory?

Thanks to CF and nice to meet all the folks that went today. What a great bunch and a great tour.

I might be off to bed in a minute as I got no sleep hardly at the hotel last night after getting ther at midnight after out flight was delayed

Edited by w1zzer - 13 Feb 2012 at 8:36pm
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:37pm
I have looked through Drews 500 pictures and theres on ly 3 that are interesting!!!.. Have sent them to CF to ask very kindly if he'll post them... The others arent that interesting , except to Drew presumably - a few million of storage boxes???..

Glad you are all in safe and sound....

ee x
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 8:39pm
Yea top Weekend, great to finally Meet those in the flesh I havnt already met, great Characters everyone and finally to meet the great Cowpers, better in the Flesh than on the Forum, like a load of school kids....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:15pm
Yes it was a long walk today....if I remember correctly, if we followed the whole paint line it would have been 7km just for that bit alone Shocked
fellsteruk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:17pm
Wow, what an amazing experience you all must have had,.... Some great pics and vids ;)

sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:25pm
Some amazing clips and photos ,thanks for posting them and pleased you enjoyed the tour (and Northern hospitality  Wink )  to see the birth of the " QQ's ,Notes and Jukes".

Edited by sandman - 13 Feb 2012 at 9:41pm
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:38pm
WOW that looks amazing i wish i went now but on the other hand i would have wanted to stay thereLOL i would have got that exited i might have started talking to the robotsLOLLOLhope you all had a good time and by the look of it you really really didLOL
60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
fellsteruk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:39pm
Nissan should give you the option to collect your car from the factory accompanied by a tour, would be well good. BMW do it but its about £600 and the factory is in Germany ;( 

qasha18 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 10:44pm
Nice pic's Thumbs Up well done to the ModsClap Star's all of them
Magnetic red QQ Acenta1.5 dci has now gone to auction?. ,I have now picked up my Volvo V40 D2 Cross Country Lux.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 10:52pm
home at last , had a cuppa , aching like mad , longest drive ive done ever

thank you all for coming and making it a great 2 days , loved meeting you all , wish i had more time to chat to some of you , 

big thanks for the gifts , was a compete shock , and a bit embarrassing but loved them all 

im shattered so ill post more tomorrow , got a great one of cowpers fee sent me so ill get that on here tomorrow

thank you all soooo much for attending , makes it all worthwhile to hear you had as much fun as me 

great meeting drew , top lad  , got a nice treat at the end from barry the guide

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:00pm
......LOL......Get some Kip CF..I had 40 winks in the back of ya Car......Just lucky I woke up before Cowps and QQk Shaved me EyeBrows off !!!.....
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by AcesDvds AcesDvds wrote:

Originally posted by hamish hamish wrote:

Whilst I'm waiting for some vids to upload...some facts from the day.

Currently they produce 480,000 vehicles a year. Their target this year is 500,000. Each station on the production line is based on 59 seconds....as that is the maximum time it takes to complete a task or tasks. For example 0 installing what we call the dashboard takes.........................2 seconds. Yes just two seconds Shocked

Fascinating to watch (other people working LOL) it all go together.

This has just uploaded...there are 780 robots in the factory and they all work in synch with each other...they are almost human...it's weird to watch.

Wow 2  seconds to fit a dash and 780 robots bet it looked amazing,do they only build right hand drives there hamish

Just uploading a video of them fitting the dash...
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:10pm
I just got home.. guessing cowps getting home about now (yes back to forum usernames, not the real names from the last two days haha)

was brilliant to meet you all.. some great laughs.. like meeting old friends after 'speaking' so much on the forum..

will go through my photos tomorrow, too tired tonight lol..

and the sunday night.. what a laugh that was!! alcohol flowing total banter.

Thanks for the brilliant weekend CF, taking us there, organising everything ect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic