UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

nissan warranty tip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pope_acute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan warranty tip
    Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 10:24am
Obvious to some this tip but...so i feel nissan was a little underhanded, but i am at fault too for not keeping track. Was due my last free service back in march , and usually every year without fail text reminder or phone call. Not this year , and it so happens warranty was running out this year too in march. So had had issues with air con and decided once i remembered that it needed serviced. Stuck it in on june for service , and it needed a new condenser , i said will warranty over that?(didn't know warranty was out at this point) no , but they will pay 75% of the part cost Ermm. ended up £360 for parts and labour.

So top tip , don't wait for warranty to run out before trying to extend it as they are not interested, and don't rely on nissan to remind you as it's in their interest to get you off warranty and out of free servicing.Ouch
2014 QAB TEKNA 1.5 Dci
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 1:22pm

I was very surprised when I was contacted 8 weeks before the warrantee expired on my BMW by the dealer to arrange for its "End of Warranty Check" ,this is Free Check, whilst in I had the brake fluid changed [under service pack] and the MoT at cost of £54.85 [no VAT]

I did get both phone calls and text from the Nissan dealer reminding me it was time to come in for service and Mot,the trouble was this was 4 month before the earliest date the MOT could be done and 5 month before the service was due----and they don't do bookings that far in advance.

The handy piece with Nissan service is it includes the next 12 month RAC cover. My wife's QQ is having a Minor Service and MoT later this week cost £189 + MoT. The equivalent service for the BMW is £139 but does not include Breakdown Cover, this being in the Extended Warrantee.

Edited by Abh29 - 30 Aug 2017 at 1:30pm
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic