UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote padai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan warranty
    Posted: 14áAprá2011 at 2:21pm
Ok, so I took my QQ in for it's first MOT on the Friday, the week before its third birthday (which was the following Monday) and the mechanic highlighted an oil leak from the engine. I e-mailed Hartwell Nissan there and then to advise them that this fault had been identified, and the car was booked in for the following Monday for this, and for another fault which they had already identified but failed to fix in February. Monday was the last day of the warranty period you'll remember.  Dropped it in on Monday but when I collected it at the end of the day the told me that they had been too busy to look at the oil leak and that I would have to book it in again.

It went in the following week and the oil leak was diagnosed, but lo and behold I had a call from Nissan Customer Services saying that this is a post-warranty claim, since the car was by then nearly two weeks out of warranty. But, I proclaimed, I presented the car to a Nissan dealer within the warranty period (just), and at the first possible opportunity after the defect was identified - it's surely not my fault they were too busy to look at it until after the warranty had expired - they had it in all day, and the only other job they had to do to it was a forced regen on the faulty DPF which they told me would take an hour.

Would this not give dealers and Nissan a clear incentive to delay repairs, so that they can wriggle out of warranty claims?

'So Mr Smith, you have three weeks left on your warranty. I'm afraid the earliest we can possibly fit your car in is in three weeks and one day, but of course you will have to pay for it yourself then.....'

Any consumer rights gurus have any advice, for which I would be grateful - am I right or wrong to expect them to honour the warranty here?

By the way - all the servicing has been done at main dealers - the MOT was the first thing to have been done by another garage.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAprá2011 at 2:35pm
When the oil leak was found then it was still under warranty. No good them saying wait until warranty runs out then we will fix it. Did NCS understand the facts?? 
Sorry but being too busy would not cut it with meAngry
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
warrenb View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAprá2011 at 3:22pm
Should not be an issue, fault was found within warranty period and booked in for work during warranty period. The vehicle was at the dealers for the work within the warranty period. If Nissan won't cover it then the dealer must.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAprá2011 at 2:42am
I had a reoccuring fault with my old Ford Focus which had 2.5 years Warrenty left on it....The second time the Dealer Looked?/repaired?  it I asked if it went wrong again out of Warrenty would they still repair it as it was a reoccuring fault, and they said they would. It Did and they finally fixed it about 4 months out of Warrenty...(think it was a central lockin problem on the Passenger Door)....I would think your problem as Diagnosed within the Warrenty should get sorted by Nissan and if not get onto Citizens advice.....Thumbs Up
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic