Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

no start with no interior lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pricey797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: no start with no interior lights
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:58am
hi all , not sure where to ask this question so put it in general , please move if required, started having a problem with my 2012 quashqai blowing a 10 amp body control module fuse which leaves me unable to start the car, change the fuse all good , have the slip warning lights on (maybe the blocked dpf pipe , unsure but new one on order ) today when driving touched the brakes and heard the fuse pop , low and behold the car would not start again, all lighting works with the fuse blown including the brake lights , only one that doesn't work is the interior light , has anybody heard of a problem like this or know how i could diagnose it , going to change all brake light bulbs as a precaution but don't think it will help, thanks in advance.
pricey797 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pricey797 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:39pm
Think I have found the problem , I removed all the brake lights , went for a drive didnít blow the fuse so fitted the lights back in 1 by 1 , went for a drive after each lamp fuse didnít blow but the interior lights were flickering , traced the tow bar lights from inside the car and found the cable
Had melted to the back box (just the red wire barely touching the box) taped it back up and tidied the cable so far no blown fuse and no flickering lights , must state that tow bar was fitted
Prior to me buying it and a cowboy job of the wiring
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:34pm
Well done Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic