UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

N-tec or tekna?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N-tec or tekna?
    Posted: 04áJuná2015 at 9:31pm
Hi all I have the opportunity to purchase a 2012 black tekna or white n-tec for the same price am confused which one to go for! I like the wheels better on the n-tec and leather seats on tekna , was thinking about buying the onyx wheels for the tekna but can't find any for sale! are the cloth seats in the n-tec hard wearing I have 2 kids 8&6 and wonder if its just as good as the leather also is the stereo not good compared to the bose apologies I have waffled on a bit but I honestly struggling to decide both are 1.6 tekna petrol n-tec diesel any advice appreciated thanks
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJuná2015 at 10:01pm
Hi there, my last QQ was an n-tec 1.5 diesel... I loved it.

Now I have the Tekna 1.2 adore the car with all it's bells and whistles.

I prefer leather I find it more forgiving with my grand kids

Do you do enough mileage to warrant a diesel ?

Have you had a test drive in both ?

Oh boy decisions
Tiff

Edited by Tiffany - 04áJuná2015 at 10:20pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJuná2015 at 10:15pm
Tekna any day....only extra thing the ntec has is black wheels, and personally I dont like them. Leather seats, heated seats are so much better in the tekna
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJuná2015 at 10:19pm
Hi again
This time I'd like to give you a warm Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (ú6 or ú10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJuná2015 at 10:24pm
Another vote for Tekna (no bias here. ).
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Mikkid3 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJuná2015 at 10:26pm
Thanks for the reply Tiff, to be honest I think I would like a Tekna but with the n-tec wheels, silly I know! But would still be happy with a n-tech as the Tekna gadgets are not must have for me. I live in London and mileage is probably not enough for a diesel I currently own a Chevrolet captiva diesel 2.0 had so may problems with it but none to do with dpf!

I think it would be good a you mentioned to test drive both so I will do that. Thanks again
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2015 at 8:31am
If you are not covering many miles then go for the petrol Tekna, it makes the most sense and you can always change the wheels at some point in the future. I personally prefer the Tekna wheels to the n-tec ones.

Leather is also much easier to keep clean especially with kids!

Edited by PaulJ - 05áJuná2015 at 8:33am
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2015 at 8:44am
Wot they said ^^^^^^^ Big smile
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2015 at 8:45am
Agreed,you need to drive both as the petrol v diesel query is potentially of much greater benefit to get right than the ntec v tekna debate.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Mikkid3 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJuná2015 at 11:04am
Hi all thank you very much for your help an comments I will take on board while deciding this weekend
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJuná2015 at 9:46am
Laughed at this thread, as mine is an n-tec with Tekna wheels.

Under 12k per annum or town mileage only? Go petrol

Otherwise I would say Tekna.

Both are good, however.

The 1.6 is gutless on hills when 7 seats are filled, otherwise the 1,6 is nice on motorways, even better I would imagine with a 6 speed gearbox..
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
camo304 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camo304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJuná2015 at 3:42pm
Looked at loads before plunging for the Tekna 2.0 petrol.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJuná2015 at 4:51pm
Good choice.

See my signature etc. etc.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic