FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

NTec Spec to Tekna Spec??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NTec Spec to Tekna Spec??
    Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 9:34pm
Evening all,

excuse my ignorance but I can't seem to get a definitive answer on the difference between the tekna and ntec models?

I'm in the Market for a 2.0L petrol tekna, preferably black / gun metal.

And would like to know if the ntec is just a visia / acenta / tekna with extra electric goodies kit or if it's a different model altogether?

Does it still have the pana roof, leather and heated seats etc as standard?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I know how much you all love everything QQ ;0)

thanks

QQC
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 9:47pm

Same car...different spec.

Pana roof is standard on n-tech. Basically the Tekna has everything the N-Tech does...then these additional items:

Xenon Lights and washers
Leather
Heated seats
Bose Sound System
Keyless Entry / Intelligent Key

Also the wheels are slightly different, both 18" but tekna has gunmetal inserts, n-tech has black.

Edited by hamish - 03 Jan 2011 at 9:49pm
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 10:15pm
QQC it sounds as if you are maybe confused as to the order of levels... visia, accenta, n-tec and then tekna top model. so the leather ect is tekna only, the leather and the bose system are pretty much what sold me on the tekna over n-tec Wink
s30jok View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s30jok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 8:32am
Originally posted by CraigQQ CraigQQ wrote:

QQC it sounds as if you are maybe confused as to the order of levels... visia, accenta, n-tec and then tekna top model. so the leather ect is tekna only, the leather and the bose system are pretty much what sold me on the tekna over n-tec Wink

Same for me the Leather and stereo system is the best, also having brighter lights ie xenons is a bonus!

One thing to watch out for are the tyres on the tekna they are one brand only (continental) and are £175 each!!
Now the onwer of a Cayman Blue 2010 Model 2.0dci Tekna QQ Blue Led's and orange sill plates!
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 8:39am

thanks for the warning jok, my last car had 19's though and used to cost me between 250-300 per tyre!

175 will be a nice welcome when it comes time to get a tyre
RayBanJockey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 12:48pm
According to the list I got from my dealer, heated seats are standard on all equipment levels and only the N-Tec has 18's as standard - the Tekna has 17" as standard, with 18" as an option.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 12:56pm
heated seats are in the tekna leather trim only
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 3:37pm
and tekna has 18's rbj

tekna had the 18's first the n-tec didnt get 18's until euro 5 spec (sep 2010)

dunno where your dealer got that list but its a bit off lol
warrenb View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrenb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 3:54pm
Depends when you got your N-tec delivered. Got the new engine but 17" wheels. Shortage apparently of the 18" wheels at the beginning.
RayBanJockey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBanJockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 8:20pm
Strange, could it be swedish QQ's are all delivered with heated seats? Come to think of it, I've never driven a car here that didn't have heated seats (front ones). The wheels on the Acenta are 17" as standard, is that the same in the UK?
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by RayBanJockey RayBanJockey wrote:

Strange, could it be swedish QQ's are all delivered with heated seats? Come to think of it, I've never driven a car here that didn't have heated seats (front ones). The wheels on the Acenta are 17" as standard, is that the same in the UK?

i think it is country specific and that would seem sensable to me...backwood in finland picks up his tomorrow and i'm sure it has 17's as standard
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 8:29pm
ahh forgot rbj was in stockholm silly me.
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 8:40pm
yeh i bet they fit them as standard in all cars
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
QashqaiCox View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 9:35pm
thanks guys,

yes i was confused.com!!

i knew / thought the tekna was the top model, which is why i want it!!!

but wasnt sure if the nTec was a model in its own right or if it was just some techy add on extras that could be bolted on to any of the other models?

I was just trying to widen my search for more options but ill stick with it for a tekna!

throw it this way if youre thinking of trading in you old QQ for a new for a new one as ill happily pay what a dealer will offer you?!

Thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 10:05pm
apparently there was too big a gap between acenta and tekna hence the n-tec was born to fill said gap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic