UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.6 L HR16DE I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Opinions on 1.6 Engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMayá2016 at 9:45am

After reading this following post, i won't go for diesel.

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/dpf-problems_topic1152.html

Is there any big difference b/w 1.6 petrol and 2.0 petrol engine from mpg point of view? If i am driving within the city then would 1.6 give better mpg?

If you are going for an 07 - 09 model as you said earlier, it won't have a dpf. The first dpf fitted the 1.5dci was in 2010.   The 2 litre had it earlier.

Edited by chrisw99 - 16áMayá2016 at 9:46am
sdyson31 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdyson31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMayá2016 at 11:14pm

I have decided to go for n Tec model. Now the question is , should i go for 1.5 diesel or 1.6 or 2.0 petrol?

Can anyone please advise on this.
stuartspanners View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stuartspanners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2018 at 3:03pm
Been repairing and selling them for years, usually around five year old examples and upwards I ( although maybe not other's ) have found the 1.5 Dci to be the most problomatic as it got older and higher mileage, the early 2.0 DCi pretty much bulletproof, and the 1.6 and 2.0 petrol both seen for mechanical / emission faults much less than the Diesel alternatives, I'd say, based only on through traffic in my workshop that the 1.6 petrol has fared the best. 

That said, up until very recently (early 2018 ) it was always the diesels that outsold the petrol's secondhand, fast forward to now (Sept 2018) and I, and many used SUV dealers i know are struggling to sell "any" of their diesel stock such is the worry among the public with daily "Death of Diesel" scare stories in the press and online, and I cannot get enough decent Petrol Qashqai's right now (especially 1.6 ) to satisfy demand, whilst my "Diesel" variants sit unwanted and unloved on the forecourt......

Make your own mind up of course, it's what suits your needs in the end that should determine your choice. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic