UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Other tyres than Continental 18"s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Other tyres than Continental 18"s
    Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 7:33am
Alot of questions and answers on here about the 215/55/18 Continental which come standard on the Qashqai N-tec.

My question is has anyone tried another brand of tyre?

I have found the following tyres fully fitted and was wondering if any one has them currently on the Qashqai:

Falken ZE912 price £120 fully fitted per corner
Toyo OPA20A price £120 fully fitted per corner
Kumho KH11 Escta price £120 fully fitted per corner
And I found the Continental premium contact 2 for £163 fully fitted per corner

Thanks
Paul
Begardat6 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Begardat6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 10:44pm
Paul104

see link to ebay, I found these on offer. Haven't tried them but a different make to consider.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/215-55-18-NANKANG-SP-5-99V-TYRE-215-55R18-2-TYRES
Begardat6

2.0 DCi ALL MODE CONNECT EDITION NOIR METALIQUE
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 10:55pm
I ha d Falken ZE912s on my old Focus.
Great grip, but quite noisy.
Drives an 09 plate Caffe Latte Visia - and LOVIN' it !!!
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 5:53pm
i think you will find that the only tyres you can fit are the standard ones for 2 reasons , speed rating and load rating ......
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Begardat6 Begardat6 wrote:

Paul104

see link to ebay, I found these on offer. Haven't tried them but a different make to consider.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/215-55-18-NANKANG-SP-5-99V-TYRE-215-55R18-2-TYRES

These tyres have been mentioned by a few members.
I did read a post  from someone on the forum who is using them, but I cant find it!

My front Conti's are starting to look as if they will need replacing before the end of this year,
I am hoping someone else will pass on their experience of using alternatives brands before I am forced to pay £180ish for new Continentals.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left!

2011 QQ + 2, Ntec, 2L dci 4wd, Blade Silver, + Chrome pack
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 11:01pm
remember with the tyres on the QQ it has to have the extra load index rating for 4x4 vehicles (even if its the 2wd version) thats why they are supplied with such
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 2:17am
And that means you buy conti's .....
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by paulyoung666 paulyoung666 wrote:

And that means you buy conti's .....

I have been touch with Toyo's  technical dept,  who tell me they supply as original equipment, a 215/55R18 in the Open Country A20 range for the XTrail.

However this is rated as a '95H', so appears not to be suitable for our QQ's.

Why?

I await your further comments.
Smile

Edited by rustyfrog - 12 Jul 2012 at 12:56pm

Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:07pm
Why would it not be suitable? What's the top speed of the qq? 95H is 130MPH?
N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Craigy Craigy wrote:

Why would it not be suitable? What's the top speed of the qq? 95H is 130MPH?

---------------------

I am inclined to agree with you.
I would love to think that my QQ would top 130mph! Big smile

However the opinion of the majority seems to be that the 99V rating is the only acceptable and legal tyre spec.

As I stated in a previous post The Toyo 95H is a 'manufacturers original equipment' fit for the X Trail, so why not the QQ?

ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 9:23pm
If  they are diff spec (especially lower spec) than originals  your insurance may use it as an excuse for not paying out in the event of a claim
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
tweedbean View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweedbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 11:15am
I hvave driven on the ZE912 18" falkens previous in a MINI GP and they are good tyres.  Not driven on those toyos but owned Toyo T1R's on my last two MINIs and they were great, but means nothing for the OPA20A as they are different tyres.  

A few mates have the Kumho Escta on their MINI's and they are great every day tyre. 

However the latest tyre reviews all seem to rave about the Continental premium contact 2 for other cars, not just the QQ.  Go with what your happy with.  If you can afford Continental premium contact 2 go with them, if not I would go for the Falkens or toyos if they are rated for a QQ weight. 

I would never put budget tyres on my car such as Nankang, especially as its my family car, as this is what keeps you in control and attached to the road.  When I was younger and at uni, I fitted Nankangs to my 1st car and all I can say is that they were shocking, it wasnt a performance car and I didnt drive like an idiot, yet they had no grip in the wet and tram lined like crazy. 
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 6:57pm
I did look around when I changed tyres. Really there were a couple of options that would *fit*, but only the Continentals fitted AND had the appropriate load index and speed rating. Maybe this is why they're pricey? - They're the only game in town!

There were a couple of anonymous brands sold as conforming to the spec. But they're going nowhere near my car.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 7:16pm
Thats my only beef with Nissan. The fact they make a wheel with no choice of tyres.

A weak gripe but a gripe nonetheless
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 8:18pm
It does seem a little strange that Nissan spec and fit a Toyo 215 55 r18 with a speed rating of 95H  to the X Trail and not to the QQ.

Would have thought the performance would be much the same and if anything the X Trail would be heavier.

rabbin8 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbin8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 8:52pm
Weve been here before, and all agree to disagree. Ive tried to explain in different threads, and you always get the numpties who do EVERYTHING by the book and a bit more. The QQ does 108 mph flat out. and isnt very heavy, so fit what you want and can afford. Lots of people on this forum have too much money and far too much time on there hands. If you want a tyre other than a conti, fit it. It will be fine. You wont fall off the road if it drizzles and  god will not judge you as a lesser being.
1.5dci N-TEC Magnetic Red, blue interior LEDs Mudflaps,Wind deflectors,DRLs,Bee sting aerial and Swan neck tow bar for Elsie Elddis.
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:00pm
".......and  god will not judge you as a lesser being"

------------------------------------

Now I feel better!

LOL

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:04pm
Rabbin...

numpties... Hmmm.... each to their own...

You do your thing and we'll do ours. I'd rather do it by the book and be classed a numpty. Safer that way

Fee
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
rabbin8 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbin8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

Rabbin...

numpties... Hmmm.... each to their own...

You do your thing and we'll do ours. I'd rather do it by the book and be classed a numpty. Safer that way

Fee
You lot really need to chill out a bit. The QQ is a car. Thats all it is. Its not something to be revered. It doesnt care what you do to it, it cares even less what tyres it has, and the insurance company doesnt care if your tyres are Conti"s Dunlop or Wanli.  All tyres sold in this Kingdom are made to a standard. None of them will throw you off the road for no apparent reason. some grip better than others, you pay your money and take your choice.
1.5dci N-TEC Magnetic Red, blue interior LEDs Mudflaps,Wind deflectors,DRLs,Bee sting aerial and Swan neck tow bar for Elsie Elddis.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 9:38pm
Exactly my point.. you pay a bit more for a tyre that grips better. Thought that was what tyres were meant to do apart from go round. Dont fancy false economy , getting a cheaper tyre that doesnt do the job..

Sure the car is a car but it is an expensive investment and as such, why pay for something that perhaps doesnt do the job as well or as safely...??
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 11:49pm
Actually, it's not as simple as all that.

The problem is that if you fit the wrong tyres (and by "wrong" I mean insufficient load index or speed rating) the insurance might walk away from a claim, and the police might prosecute you. As regards how good an idea it is - well The bottom line is that nobody made the regs up just to make life difficult. Fit whatever you like, for sure, but make sure it complies with the law for your own sake, as well as everyone elses.

I clean my car about once every six weeks. I don't mollycoddle it in any way. But it is always safe and legal, even if it's dirty and tatty..
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 2:08am
Slightly baffled by some of our tyre legislation ,why do we want tyres with speed rating of 130mph sustained speed , national speed limit 70mph, a lot of people drive at about 80 mph ( not me am not condoning it either OK) and a QQ aint no bmw 6 series performance car either. If the police get you exceeding 100 mph there is a good chance licence will go for a while.
The owners manual that came with the QQ gives tyre sizes in section 9 for 16,17,and 18inch rims and i cant see any mention of make ,load rating , or other data -in fact its very vague.
I had a nissan note sve and it had some rare wheel size at 17 inch for which there was only one tyre and it cost a fortune -would have been better off with 16inch rims there was a choice of tyres that size.
So other question is why does nissan fit some of these tyres/ wheel sizes .  Deals with tyre company springs to mind and I am sure the discount for the truckloads of tyres being delivered /fitted at Sunderland bears no relation to the price us mugs are facing at tyre replacement time.
Bleed the buyer dry for tyre replacement and shove the price as high as you think the market can stand seems to be the mantra these days for every single spare component.
Its discusting and its a sad reflection on our motoring industry ,when I replace this QQ with whatever grabs my attention I know its not going to have 18in or even bigger wheels as its outwith my budget.  
Remembering 165x13 on an Austin fondly right now- so whatever you drive and however its shod I wish you luck to drive it.

white renault kadjar , 1.5d. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!! now Nissan hasbeen 2,
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 4:54pm
It's a bit of a wee-wee-er, isn't it?

They do seem to have gone for a unnecessarily obscure size. I don't know why, though, because it's not like the Qashqai is a really unusual car in the overall scheme of things. Although sticking as low-profile tyres on an SUV as the ntec and Tekna variants enjoy *is* pretty unusual, so I guess that's why.

Speed rating has no link to the maximum speed it's safe to go on the tyre. It's more to do with a (very vague) notion that a car capable of X speed needs tyres capable of sustaining the stresses generated by a car of that kind of power. If the Qashqai was a regular hatch (as opposed to a crossover) it would probably manage 130mph (just). Load index is somehow calculated from the vehicles weight and geometry (which effects HOW the force is applied to the tyres).

I don't know if the user manual says anything about speed rating or load index. But I bet the sticker inside the door (where pressures are given) does.

At the end of the day you have a duty to yourself, your passengers and everyone else on - or near - the road to make sure your car is a safe as possible. Fitting suitable tyres is a part of that. If you can't afford to do this, then you have to ask if the car is really the right car for you. Tyres for a Vauxhall Zafira 1.7cdti life are really, really cheap and that car can do everything (most) Qashqais can do and is considerably cheaper (especially second hand).

I'd still rather not, though.

Edited by 2Fat2Bald - 14 Jul 2012 at 4:56pm
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 9:25pm
Just had a new tyre fitted. Asked if there were any alternatives and got the answer "Nothing you'd want to put on it, no..."
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 3:20pm
Just had to get two new Continental 18" on the back. Got them for £171 each fully fitted at Kwik-Fit as today 25% off all tyres started today.

Fairly good price for anyone needing these at the moment.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by PaulJ PaulJ wrote:

Just had to get two new Continental 18" on the back. Got them for £171 each fully fitted at Kwik-Fit as today 25% off all tyres started today.

Fairly good price for anyone needing these at the moment.

---------------------------------------------

That is a good price for Kwik-Fit but I can beat it.

Went to my local independent on Saturday to get a slow puncture fixed and got a quote for two new Conti's.
They will do them for £160 each fully fitted, balanced etc.
For that price I wont be looking for alternatives.

Anyone who wants further details and live near Leyland, feel free to pm me.

Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 3:33am
Well after having had the same problem here on this Island, with my wife,s Fiesta and Conti,s we put michelen on (recommended alternatives for Fiesta) been told that I can order Conti,s from the Mainland so will do that, in due course. Don,t know when that will be since the Tyre fitter here tells me I should expect 50K +. We shall see, in due course.
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
dctyke View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dctyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:02pm
Just seen on ebay. 4 x Cont tyres for £400 + £48 postage.  A bit of a bargain if you can find someone to fit them!

2012 +2 ntec+ gunmetal grey
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:35pm
Just paid £316 for 2 new 215 55 R18 99v Contis.

Fully fitted, incl. rears to front and wheel alignment, from a local tyre dealer!

Andreus84 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreus84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 1:57pm
I have now chosen to purchase 4 Nankang SP-7's they came in at £94 a corner fully fitted and includes the disposal of my Conti's (they also had the nakang SP-5 at the same price but they were a tad noisier) 

The Conti's in my opinion are shocking - slip far too easy, the walls have cracked and i've had 2 punctures, one fixable and this last one terminal.

The tread seems to last but that maybe due to the lack of grip these things have! - never in my history of vehicles have i felt so vulnerable.

When i was younger I found Cooper & Hancook Tyres, they left me feeling really safe and secure on the roads (if you own other cars I'd recommend these brands) - I swore a that point that whatever car I owned I'd definitely only run on one of those brands. Unfortunately they have nothing suitable for the QQ.

My wife had Nankangs on her last car and I found those gave more grip than these conti's - as such I'm going to give them a go - they're being fitted Wednesday I'll give a review once i've had a chance to scrub them in.

The EU rating of them shows they are better in the wet and quieter but lower on fuel economy.

I think its wise to give them a go and then share my experience.
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 3:05pm
Kwik Fit are now doing the Conti's for £141 each online fully fitted etc, just had to get a replacement on the rear because of nail through sidewall.

I looked at the reviews for the Nankangs but most people were only getting about 10,000 miles out of them so won't last long for me. The SP5 are possibly slightly better. My Continentals are lasting about 30,000 miles.

It will be interesting to hear your report on them Andreus84. Keep us posted.
Andreus84 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreus84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 3:33pm
I'll keep you all updated as I think user experience on these forums is definately useful.

I'd recommend keeping clear of kwik fit. I took a car for an mot there once. I'd put brand new suspension and track rod ends on The day before the mot. It failed on a broken track rod end. I refused their kind offer of £58 to repair it add the part was 6 quid. When I changed it again I could see the dent in my suspension where they'd crow barred bits of my car and snapped my track rod.

I think that is rediculous and they'll never get my business again, a right bunch of crooks who shouldn't be allowed neat cars.
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Andreus84 Andreus84 wrote:

I have now chosen to purchase 4 Nankang SP-7's they came in at £94 a corner fully fitted and includes the disposal of my Conti's (they also had the nakang SP-5 at the same price but they were a tad noisier) 

The Conti's in my opinion are shocking - slip far too easy, the walls have cracked and i've had 2 punctures, one fixable and this last one terminal.

The tread seems to last but that maybe due to the lack of grip these things have! - never in my history of vehicles have i felt so vulnerable.

When i was younger I found Cooper & Hancook Tyres, they left me feeling really safe and secure on the roads (if you own other cars I'd recommend these brands) - I swore a that point that whatever car I owned I'd definitely only run on one of those brands. Unfortunately they have nothing suitable for the QQ.

My wife had Nankangs on her last car and I found those gave more grip than these conti's - as such I'm going to give them a go - they're being fitted Wednesday I'll give a review once i've had a chance to scrub them in.

The EU rating of them shows they are better in the wet and quieter but lower on fuel economy.

I think its wise to give them a go and then share my experience.

Must express total shock at your opinions of Conti,s as I have them on 18' and never been so happy with a set of tyres. Nearly 50 years of driving in many different countries and I find mine almost silent, run free and, having done 35k kilometers the rear ones are as new and, according to my garage there is another 6 - 8 k left on the fronts. Now I do appreciate that the climate here is somewhat kinder than the UK but, when it rains by god the water comes down in rivers. During such period, again, my Conti,s handle the rain fantastically well.
Everyone has opinions so I do appreciate we differ but at least this gives a balanced aopinion. I shall be replacing my Contis with more of the same! 
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 4:45pm
I tend to agree with Timmylish regarding the Conti's. Used them for many years on different cars and they are excellent in wet conditions and very quiet.

It is not always beneficial or even cost effective to buy a cheaper tyre. I would rather pay £140 for Conti's which will last me 3 years + than £94 that may only last 1 year. Of course everyone drives differently so as long as you find a tyre you personally like.

I only use Kwik Fit for tyres, nothing else and always find there work reasonable and reliable and staff very polite at the branch I use. It may differ in other branches!

Edited by PaulJ - 27 Apr 2015 at 4:48pm
PeterPerfect13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterPerfect13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 5:56pm
I'm also surprised about the comments on Contis. I've had them on my last 3 cars and think they are excellent. They have also featured at the top of Which? best buy tables for donkeys years.

My view on tyres is very simple - they are the only thing that keeps you in touch with the road so in the specific case of tyres the idea of saving a few quid on a car that I've paid over £20k for doesn't make a lot of sense to me. However, if others have a better experience with a different brand, I've no problem with that either.

PS. I use eTyres, very competitive and they come to you.
2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT n-tec+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic