UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Other tyres than Continental 18"s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2015 at 6:00pm
As we only do a low mileage I cx and comment on tyre wear yet.
However I do find the conti has a fantastic rim guard that protects my 18" wheels.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Andreus84 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andreus84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2015 at 6:31pm
Its good to get perspectives and not everyone will have the same opinion.

As you know tyre compound can also deteriorate with age, whether this is a factor with mine i don't know, however for me I have to be confident in the 4 pieces of rubber holding me to the road and I don't have that with my current set.

I don't do a big mileage in the car as I have a motorbike which is more economical and used more.

i'll review the nankang with my opinion and compare them to what i think is right 
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2015 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by bryan3 bryan3 wrote:

As we only do a low mileage I cx and comment on tyre wear yet.
However I do find the conti has a fantastic rim guard that protects my 18" wheels.

The very thing I forget to mention. Agree 100%.
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áAprá2015 at 9:33pm
I really hope you get on well with the Nankangs. I saw a Qashqai with all four of them on the other day and they do look good. Keep us all posted on your thoughts.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAprá2015 at 3:03am
Surely how a tyre 'feels' is down to the driver. The differences in compounds, side wall stiffness and so on will affect how the tyre feels, and the driving style is also a very individual specific point.

I've not really experienced much with the conti's on my QQ, but on previous cars (that I've cared about what tyres I used), I have always run Toyo, Falken and most recently Hankook. I rate them all very highly for a performance car driven hard, but not excessive and even on track. But all that said, those experiences wont really guide my decision making when I come to replace the QQ tyres as the car is used competely differently. However, my preference on a manufacturer would be steered by good previous experiences from these brands.

No matter what rubber you put on your car you should be no where near the limits of grip unless you are intentionally trying to find the edge.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
asim2002 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asim2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áDecá2015 at 11:21pm
I have used Nankang Sp-7 215/55/R18 tyres on my Tekna 2010 model for the last 3 years and they are absolutely superb. At 82 pounds fitted by ASDA they are a bargain !
humming View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áDecá2015 at 2:36pm
Do the Nankang SP7 tyres give the same amount of protection to the wheel that the Continental tyres give?
The Continental tyre design with the extra rubber around the wheel edge have saved my wheels a couple of times when I've accidently brushed the kerb.
Do you have a picture of the Nankangs fitted to your wheels?
2012 1.6dci Tekna in Mineral Grey
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áDecá2015 at 5:52pm
Looking at the euro data info for the tyres, the Nankangs are less fuel efficient and don't seem to last as long as the Continental Premium Contact 2's.

I suppose you get what you pay for, a diiference of approx. ú40 between the two. The extra fuel used with the Nankangs I expect would far exceed the difference in tyre cost!

We should be thankful though that we have a choice now in this tyre size and load weight.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
QQ_Owner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQ_Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áJulá2017 at 8:34pm
My contribution to the list of tyres.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ai0DhDo01KAHk0e7kUAX_DQyNMav

Note that the Continental Premium Contact are actually 2e

See http://blobs.continental-tires.com/www8/servlet/blob/1075556/773bab3508775b12980d6c57720d9c9b/download-continental-e-marked-tyres-1608-data.pdf

Check occasional offers on Costco who recently had ú35 off a pair of 18" Goodyears and currently ú50 (in vouchers) off 4 Michelins.

Edited by QQ_Owner - 04áJulá2017 at 11:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic