UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Outdoor Temperature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pools_lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outdoor Temperature
    Posted: 02áOctá2013 at 3:42pm

Hi all,

Thought that I'd already posted but can't find it. My outdoor temperature is currently reading -20.. Can anyone advise where the temperature sensor is so I can check the connections.
Thanks Steve.
elyl View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áOctá2013 at 5:49pm
It's often inside one of the wing mirrors, but I don't know specifically for the Qashqai.  Usually just a wire with nothing of note connected to it.
2009 1.5dci n-tec, black, connect, panoramic roof, automirrors
pennine15 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennine15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áOctá2013 at 7:13pm
I seem to remember reading in the manual that it is positioned at the front of the car and can be affected by driving in heavy traffic?

Qashqai 1.6 N-TEC+ 4x2 2012 Mineral Grey. Folding mirrors, auto windows & club sticker.
pools_lad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pools_lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áDecá2013 at 8:23am
Hi guys,
               It did to seem to go back to normal without me doing anything. When driving the car yesterday it has shot up to 42c.... Anyone else point me in the right direction and tell me what to look for.
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áDecá2013 at 9:31am
My guess would be either dampness in the connector to/or the Outside Air Temperature Sensor Itself.

Check the connector for dampness/looseness first, as the sensor is driven by electrical resistance to provide the correct temperature display. If you are confident that all wiring is sound and that you're getting erroneous readings on the display, sensor replacement is probably the best option. Thoeretically a DIY job. Location is on the link below!

Edited by John C S - 07áDecá2013 at 9:31am
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
pools_lad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pools_lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áFebá2014 at 10:29pm
Cheers John I got this sorted... I
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic