UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Painting the front styling plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Painting the front styling plate
    Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 9:24am
I've got a front styling place on my facelift QQ and wondered if anyone had painted theres. If so, did you colour match with the body or with the black plastic?

I'm a bit unsure of the unpainted grey look against a gun-metal body.

Thanks in advance.
Ant
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 10:11am
It has been done before, do a search but the reason was the same not sure if the natural look went with their vehicle. Anyway it was painted to match bodywork and it did look better...However from experience and someone I know did the same on a range rover, lower part of the vehicle is prone to more chips so won't last in that pristine condition unless u always driving on 30mph limit roads. The standard finish as been designed to take that into consideration. Really down to preference. Take it to a body shop for a great finish and obviously they will match the colour. I 5hink my friend paid £100 for both front and back together.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:22pm
Paint it bright orange Thumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:25pm
Ericos I was thinking more the Asbo Green from the Ford Focus RS lol

I've got a mate who owns a body shop so may get him to do that and a roof box to match the gun-metal.

Need to see some pics of others though before I'm decided on them. Nothing came up in a search though. Will use google instead as that seems to be more reliable.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
brin23uk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brin23uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:28pm
have you thought of having it wrapped
2013 360 storm white 1.5 d side bars and aftermarket rear skid plate F/R mud flaps/mirror cam / now auto DRL's   
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 2:02pm
Nice idea! I'm thinking of getting some interior part hydrodipped so that is also an option. Smile

Edited by cantfindausername - 20 Apr 2015 at 2:02pm
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 6:30pm
I've had both my front and rear plates painted to match the bodywork. I think it looks really on my Café Latte colour but as has been said the front one is chipping a little now after approx. 18months. Still looks good though!
J10 sold and now proud owner of 2014 J11 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, bonnet struts & plenty of bling!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 9:12pm
I'm at a loss here - pray, what is the front styling plate? The bumper or the place where the number plate has to be installed?
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Udo2009 Udo2009 wrote:

I'm at a loss here - pray, what is the front styling plate? The bumper or the place where the number plate has to be installed?

Here's what it looks like:

Qashqai front styling plate

It's the bit below the number plate, this one is light grey (as supplied unpainted) under the number plate.

Edited by Lee'71 - 20 Apr 2015 at 9:44pm
J10 sold and now proud owner of 2014 J11 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, bonnet struts & plenty of bling!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 3:00pm
Ah, ok, I see - the underride guard - never heard the expression "styling plate" before...
Thanks...

Edited by Udo2009 - 21 Apr 2015 at 3:01pm
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 5:39pm
Did think about it on my Gun metal but never got round to it and wasn't sure...😒
I really wanted it chromed...

Didn't go for the rear one on my +2 cos it's different from the normal qasqai and it meets the metal work and basically looks pants!!....

Edited by Affman - 21 Apr 2015 at 5:44pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 10:57pm
+1 LOL
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic