Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parking sensor malfunction, known problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking sensor malfunction, known problem
    Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 5:36pm
I just had a call from my dealer to say my 2014 QQ can go in next wednesday to have by bits and bobs sorted.
he listed the things to be done and then we ended the phone call, it wasnt until after the phone call that i remembered about the sensor malfunction coming up, so I rang him back but he was busy, so I left a message.
he has just rung be back to say that the sensor malfunction are the front sensors, and they have just had a memo from Nissan Uk to say that it is a known problem, and they have had a few reported with it.
Up until now, there is no known fix for it (OH JOY!) as the car being so new with a lot of new stuff on it, 
He said they may put out a recall for it at some point.
Anyone else had any problems up till now ?
mavrik64 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavrik64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 6:52pm
yeah, on the wife's 2014 model. Damned thing wouldn't shut up. SHe had to drive it home (18 mile) with the bloody noise going off. We managed to get it to stop in the end, but probably just by luck
i owe, i owe, so off to work i go | 2014 1.6dCi Tekna 4x4 in Pearl Black
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 7:02pm
Only had an issue during heavy rain recently and front sensors went off on an open road with no traffic. Not happened again.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD.
2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec.2018 1.6dci Tekna 4wd Qashqai gunmetal grey.
Pete97 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 7:24pm
I'm wondering if mine are playing up to...when I use park assist to bay park the sensors fail to go of when moving forward and approaching cars parked in the opposite lane..I've had to cancel park assist several times because of this and thought I was just doing it wrong...maybe not
2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Nightshade (club sticker attached)
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 10:29pm
hmmm now you guys are scaring me, i have no problems with mine ..yet Confused knock on wood!!
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
LoopyLab View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoopyLab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:06am
I had a similar problem when I picked mine up it was bleeping all the time in traffic. I didn't have a clue what to do but I pressed the select button on the steering wheel which seemed to cancel it until I got close to another car. When I got home I went into settings and changed the range of the sensors to short. It seemed to have stopped the issue.
negativepitch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:31am
Ive got the sensor malfunction icon on my centre display which wont go.
Page 30 of the user manual.

The icon on the very right in the image below.

Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 8:05pm
That's not a sensor malfunction, it's the icon that shows that the sensor is activated.
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Kenobi Kenobi wrote:

That's not a sensor malfunction, it's the icon that shows that the sensor is activated.

not sure what you mean, the icon in the image in my post says malfunction check manual ?
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 1:03pm
when I took my car in yesterday, I mentioned it again to the salesman I am dealing with, he said dont read the forums, they dont really know anything…Shocked
when I had the loan car, it had it on there and the lane departure…..how wrong was he LOL
So Kenobi, thanks for the info Thumbs Up
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Gun Metallic
Not Parked on my Drive Again
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 1:27pm
In 2009 I had continuing problem.

Sometimes it worked other times you had to select reverse before parking forwards (great eh!)>

Numerous trips to the dealer and exchange of email with Nissan CS.  All to no avail.

There was a thread about it.

I found the only way to cure it was to hold down the small front sensor button whilst you start the engine.

I printed this note and sent it to my dealer so they could include it in the manual:

Special note regarding starting.

This car is fitted with front parking sensors and to ensure that the small sensor over-ride button works every time it is required for forwards parking then the following method of starting should be performed.

Turn the ignition switch to the first 'ACC' position. The front sensors will start beeping for approx 5 seconds. When they stop beeping continue to turn the ignition to start the engine.

ALTERNATIVE METHOD:

Push and hold down the small sensor over-ride button. Turn the ignition through to start the engine. Release the sensor button.

Failure to adopt either of these methods may mean the front sensors will not activate when the button is pressed and it will be necessary to select reverse in order to activate them for a short period of time after re-selecting a forward gear.

NB:  I found it best to use the alternative method which discovered myself. The first method was Nissan's suggestion.

Edited by allan40alt - 08 May 2014 at 1:34pm
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic