Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parking Sensors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zamshabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parking Sensors
    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 1:17am
Hi all 

The parking sensor of my 2015 Qashqai goes off every time I slow down the car and even when there is no car or object in front or behind or near the car. 

I was hoping it was a build up of dirt on the sensors. But even after a good wash, the problem persists. 

Just wanted to check whether there are any simple fixes for this that I'm missing. Or does it need a trip to the Nissan service centre?

Any guidance on this will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Zam 

PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 12:51pm
If it is all of the sensors then they may need the sensitivity looking at which would mean a visit to Nissan, you could ask if they have been looked at as part of a recent service.

They are though prone to dirt and dust this time year.
Mainly found at an office chair these days
Abh29QQ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29QQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 2:15pm
I was told many years ago that if I had trouble with the sensors get a bucket of hot water add load of Fairy Liquid and give them a really good wash with a big spounge.   Sounds daft but it has never failed me unless sensor required changing.
Second keep the pressure washer at least 12" away from them

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic