UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Passenger door won't unlock from inside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passenger door won't unlock from inside
    Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 6:16pm
Hi All

My 58 plate Qashqai developed a strange problem this morning. 

I can't open the front passenger door from the inside when it is occupied. The door can be opened from the outside. The remote locking works fine and I've checked the window (and door lock) switches.

Anyone got any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks 

Edited by rayhertford - 27 Feb 2015 at 6:17pm
rayhertford View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 3:02pm
Hi All

I didn't get a reply from anyone but I've found out what the issue is. I found the answer on the Note & Nivarna forums.

This is a nasty little trick from Nissan. They use the same lock mechanisms on the front doors as the rear doors BUT they don't fit the "child-lock" lever tab into the front locks, not only that, they don't provide the hole where the lever would be. 

You have to unscrew all 3 screws on the external edge side of the door, pries the lock mechanism up so that you can see the void where the child-lock "tab lever" would be, push a small screwdriver into the mechanism and push it up. This deactivates the "child-lock" on that door. The mechanism moves down to engage the child-lock feature, which means, after time, if you go over speed bumps or other terrain that causes vibration, the child-lock on the front doors can be enabled without you knowing at all.

I had all the door cards off etc, but there's no need to do any of that, you can fix it by unscrewing the 3 door locks screws on the outside edge of the door.

Some pictures below of what I mean.

Edited by rayhertford - 02 Mar 2015 at 3:35pm
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:42am
Inresting findThumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
martythetugdriver View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martythetugdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 8:59pm
Hello mate..I posted this on my new member page because at the time I couldn't reply to you direct.

I would like to say a big thank you to...rayhertford...for his post on how to fix the Qashqai front passenger door not opening from the inside. it was spot on. The only slight difference with mine (2009) is that where his pic shows a hole to put the screw driver in, mine has a plastic slider which at the slightest tap fell back down again activating the child lock (like rayhertford said, same lock front and back) my solution though was incredibly difficult and expensive!...I put a 2 inch piece of insulation tape over the slider to stop it dropping down and yippeeee it works! I drove to a place where i know there are speed humps galore and deliberately drove over at speed to worsen the bumps, then stopping to try the door each time and all is good. Thanks rayhertford.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 4:55pm
It would be interesting to know if anyone has ever taken their QQ to a Nissan dealership to be fixed and what explanation was offered for the failure. Unhappy
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Duffqai View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffqai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 12:29pm
Just to add to this post, 3 of my interior door handles have broken within the last month, the clevis part that holds the ball end of the table has broken off. Have a set of 4 on the way from e-bay. One would cost €95 from dealer, thankfully getting a set of 4 for €60. Very disappointed with the quality of these parts, not up to family war and tear.
The Duffqai. Pearl Black 1.5 Dci SE. Door,boot & tailgate chrome and illuminated door entry guards!
4.8l/100km or 58mpg
Akkers View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 4:19pm
Hi Guys. 
Thank you for your help. Mine makes a funny noise on the passenger door when locking, This stopped and the door wouldn't open from inside. I tried your fix with the concelled child lock button, All now working  and making the strange noise again. 
Thank you very much
rayhertford View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 4:23pm
If it's working, but still making the noise, you haven't pushed the pin back far enough. It's likely to stop opening again quite soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic