UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Petrol, Diesel & Mileage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadamini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petrol, Diesel & Mileage
    Posted: 27†May†2014 at 6:04pm

Hi guys,

I just had a wondering thought, We all know how much we all love to save on our fuel costs and so this would be fun and really useful to others if people can put any advice on what they have done to reduce the fuel consumption. 

It would also be nice to capture the amount of fuel put into the car (in £ís) and how many miles you managed to get from that.  Obviously this is going to matter on the model, transmission and engine you have so you would need to state this as well.

Hope this is going to help others.  When I get my Tekna in September Iíll be sure to post of my findings.

Help needed, does any one know how to make time pass quickly? Itís only been a month since I ordered my car and I simply canít wait.  How will the next three months pass? L
SplanK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplanK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†May†2014 at 7:43pm
take a look at fuelly.com - a number of people, including me, are tracking their MPG of their cars.

2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
2012 Micra 1.2 DIG-S Acenta
ctrollen View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctrollen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2014 at 10:14am
Bear in mind that it's completely dependent on the type of roads & driving style too, as well as engine, transmission and petrol vs diesel.

For instance, according to Fuelly, SplanK is getting 36.3 mpg for his 1.2 DIG-T, whereas mine is currently on around 42mpg, albeit using the on-board computer.  I realise that that is less accurate but not to that extent.  I think that SplanK does a lot of urban driving whereas mine is more rural.  My current "best" is 48.5.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium, Nightshade
SplanK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplanK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2014 at 10:27am
My on screen display is around 2mpg out compared to actual tank (the results of an actual tank mpg can vary quite a bit as well, depends when the pump clicks off, AND depends if you decide to try and squeeze a bit more in after the first click which I did the other day). The 36.3 is an poor average which has been dragged down by a couple of bad MPG results and the low number of fuel ups, this will improve over time as I add more fill ups to it. On screen I am getting around 40-42mpg at the moment (so "true figures" are really 38-40mpg).

Really, we need to move to Miles Per Litre's which is a little more granular and better represents todays fill ups and mind sets! If you take a "just below" average MPG of 35mpg, that's 7.7 miles to a litre. Its easier to convert that to cost as well, so that's £1.26 for every ~7.7 miles you do, or around 16p a mile!

Start to average around 40mpg which I suspect the 1.2DIG-T's will manage once run in and you settle down with it, then that's 8.8 miles to £1.26, or 14p a mile. Handy conversion chart here: http://www.mpgtokpl.com/mpgtompl.htm
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
2012 Micra 1.2 DIG-S Acenta
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2014 at 11:24am
I use a phone app called Gas Manager. Currently showing 16870 miles covered as of last week.
Cost per liter £1.35
Cost per Mile £0.13
Covering about 1800 miles a month
Average fuel consumption 45.8 mpg (Nissan says 53)
Getting 10.1 miles per litre
or 7.5 miles per £.
Also shows a scary figure on how much I have spent on diesel Ouch

Very pleased with the 1.6 engine performance.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
wadamini View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadamini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2014 at 11:26pm
I agree there are lots of different factors but this is a fun thing who can get nearest to Nissans average which we all know is not possible. Thanks Black Tekna Bill mines gonna be a cvt 1.6 Dci so it gives me a good idea what to expect, currently my Honda is going around 22MPG ouch.
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29†May†2014 at 9:21am
Not taken delivery of our QQ yet but some ECO driving tips I follow are -

- Read the road ahead and try to slow gently in advance of  traffic lights, road junctions etc. Where possible try and avoid coming to a dead stop.

- Avoid hard acceleration or braking.

-Block gear change where possible i.e. 3rd to 5th etc. and on the down changes avoid unnecessary gear changes i.e. avoid going 4th, 3rd, 2nd 1st when coming to a stop. Just hold the highest gear the engine is happy with and dip the clutch for the last few yards.

- with a diesel you should be able to make good progress and change gears around 2000 rpm.

Mostly common sense I guess but it works for me.
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
redeye View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02†Jun†2014 at 2:54pm
My record in My 1.5 tekna is 61mpg on a 50 mile round trip on A roads....not bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic