UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Phone calls- very bad echo to my caller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phone calls- very bad echo to my caller
    Posted: 11áSepá2017 at 5:32pm
Hi all,  
Had my new Qashqai about 4 weeks now,  and the only bit I'm unhappy with the the bluetooth phone connection.

I have a Samsung J5 android phone - Okay it isn't top notch,  but worked absolutely fine in my previous car (Volvo V40 in case anyone is interested).  Now however,  everyone I have had a call with from 
the qashqai says the same thing,  their voice echos back to them,  and it's so bad that it makes conversations nearly impossible.
My end of the call is absolutely fine and clear,  but whoever I call,  no matter how good the reception is gets this very annoying echo.  it seems that the car microphone is picking up the incoming voice and sending it back to them.

I emailed the salesman to ask whether I needed an update to the system software or something.  He just said "I get the same problem,  it's just how it is sorry".
So I just wondered,  does everyone have this problem?  As I'm used to using the phone quite a lot in the car it's going to be a real pain if I can't get it fixed.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2017 at 8:06pm
Are you holding the phone when using it?  It could be picking up both phone and car microphones to produce the echo. Try using it with the phone in your pocket or glove compartment.

2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Emerald View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2017 at 9:15am
No Doug,  I'm not holding the phone when using it  -  that's the point of the bluetooth connection. Generally the phone is in the slot behind my cupholders,  with it's cover closed,  or in my bag.

Anyway,  when it's connected to bluetooth the phone's own microphone is disabled I believe.  As I say, I had no problem with this in my previous car.

PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áSepá2017 at 1:09pm
I don't have this problem in our Qashqai, Bluetooth works perfectly on phone calls and always has done, no echo and crystal clear for the person at the other end and also in the car.

Sorry I can't be of more help, no idea what the solution to your problem is.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Emerald View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áSepá2017 at 8:54am
Thanks for passing that on Paul, at least I now know that it isn't a generic qashqai problem.
I'm going to contact Nissan customer services and see what they have to say.  
Emerald View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áSepá2017 at 1:17pm
Well, there you go,  dealer has just brought my car back having investigated the problem. 

They tried replacing the microphone, but problem still existed,  so they have decided to ask head office if they can order a whole new unit.
Honestly,  this could only happen to me. 

Of course, that means another day the car will have to go in. 
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áSepá2017 at 1:43pm
Glad to hear it is being sorted out for you - hopefully!

Keep us posted on the end result.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic